Rigadog
05-31-2008, 07:43 AM
????

ishmael
05-31-2008, 08:34 AM
Have you found any?;)

botebum
05-31-2008, 08:55 AM
Odds are there is. None, as of yet has been discovered...anywhere.

Doug

Greg P H
05-31-2008, 08:57 AM
The universe is intelligent life. Though in the 3d reflection, wisdom seems to be at a premium, especially among the two legged.

Tom Montgomery
05-31-2008, 09:51 AM
Let's pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space,

'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth.

The Galaxy Song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2JU4gX6rg8)

jack grebe
05-31-2008, 10:07 AM
Define "intelligent"

If you are looking for something as narrow as
humanity, that may be looking for a needle in a
haystack. If you are looking for atoms that form
larger bodies that have purpose, design, and
work together, then any old solar system will do.

Have you ever contemplated that the entire
universe may actually be a small part of something
much larger?

Truth is, humans are not intellegent enough to
comprehend all that may or may not be "life" out there

P.I. Stazzer-Newt
05-31-2008, 10:19 AM
There are however, people who mistake trolldom for wit.

jbelow
05-31-2008, 10:22 AM
No at this time untill proven otherwise.

TimH
05-31-2008, 10:24 AM
not here, elsewhere maybe.

Wild Dingo
05-31-2008, 11:21 AM
I was gonna say "I live with one" but I dont so I wont!! :D

Personally I think its the height of arrogant ignorance to believe there isnt any other intelligent life in the universe... the implication being that we few tiny minute ants on this tiny minute planet among many many millions of planets are the only possible intelligent life? how utterly arrogant!

Simply because we havent "seen" "heard" or made contact with another intelligent life from outside of our planet does not mean there is none... we are before primal compared with this universe!... we are not even intellectually alive compared to the POSSIBILITY of intelligent life outside of our planet

To ask that question would be like asking "aliens do you think they look like us" They probably wont look anything like us! And more than likely we would look as repulsive to them as they do to us... just the same as the question "Is there intelligent life in the universe?" PROBABLY more intelligent than life on earth!

jack grebe
05-31-2008, 12:50 PM
I was gonna say "I live with one" but I dont so I wont!! :D

Personally I think its the height of arrogant ignorance to believe there isnt any other intelligent life in the universe... the implication being that we few tiny minute ants on this tiny minute planet among many many millions of planets are the only possible intelligent life? how utterly arrogant!

Simply because we havent "seen" "heard" or made contact with another intelligent life from outside of our planet does not mean there is none... we are before primal compared with this universe!... we are not even intellectually alive compared to the POSSIBILITY of intelligent life outside of our planet

To ask that question would be like asking "aliens do you think they look like us" They probably wont look anything like us! And more than likely we would look as repulsive to them as they do to us... just the same as the question "Is there intelligent life in the universe?" PROBABLY more intelligent than life on earth!
and what makes you think we are an intellegent life form
compared to what may lay beyond the pale.

Shane, That may be the "height of arrogant ignorance"

Yeadon
05-31-2008, 01:06 PM
All you can really go on is what you've got in front of you ... so we're the bar right now for intelligent life.

Not that high of a bar, but yet a bar to compare against.

Greg P H
05-31-2008, 01:41 PM
The Dolphins and whales would have a good laugh over that statement :D
;)

WX
06-01-2008, 01:03 AM
Well, we know of one planet that has life, stands to reason there must be more.
otherwise...what a waste of space.
I don't hold with the religious view of creation but a local church had this up outside on it's notice board the other day.

Big Bang!

ROTFL God.

glenallen
06-01-2008, 01:49 AM
"ROTFL God!"

I've never heard of God laughing before.
Maybe He has lightened up!
Good for Him!
He seems to have been pissed off the past 10,000 years or so and probably ready for an occasional grin.

Greg P H
06-01-2008, 02:04 AM
http://www.miat.org/images/Jesuslaughing/Laughing%20Jesus%20Catalogue%20-%20JPG%20and%20TIF%20017.jpg

The Christian cross is a torture device! A Happy God doesn't fit with that image..... But Goddess/God laughs at our seriousness :D