PDA

View Full Version : The Fight Club News.

Milo Christensen
05-29-2008, 07:52 AM
Some interesting interpersonal antagonisms in the Bilge. I think we need to start a running column and keeping score.

Mark (Tylerdurden) vs Ian Gatenby (Bigfella). Mark is reduced, after several hundred rounds with the Bigfella to calling Bigfella a sanitation engineer. Since Ian is still sitting in his corner with one hand tied behind his back and hasn't even started to fight yet, Mark is clearly losing this one.

Mark (Tylerdurden) vs Chis Coose. Mr. Coose is a savage, take no prisoners opponent of child rapists. Chris won a decisive K.O. in round 35 by posting the picture of Warren Jeffs about to rape his child bride again on their first anniversary.

Mark (Tylerdurden) vs Joe (CSOH). Joe got into a side fight and got sucker punched by Dutch and withdrew to nurse his massive ego, but that's O.K, because after round 1,347 of Mark vs Joe, the fight was so predictable the rest of us just lost interest.

Mark (Tylerdurden) has formed a tag team with Tanbark Spanker, but that combo is so lame nobody even cares. I predict an eventual falling out.

To this columnist it seems that Mark (Tylerdurden) has a losing strategy. Instead of taking on all comers, he should withdraw, rest and recoup, and come back to the Fight Club ready to take on weaker opponents than those he's been losing to for too long now.

Popeye
05-29-2008, 07:55 AM
go red wings (http://redwings.nhl.com/team/app?page=PlayerDetail&playerId=8466149&service=page)

huisjen
05-29-2008, 08:03 AM
What about me and Jack? Have I been slacking?

Duncan Gibbs
05-29-2008, 08:08 AM
Sound of rodent's posterior exhailing gasious cloud... :D

Popeye
05-29-2008, 08:10 AM
milo's still in a training bra

P.I. Stazzer-Newt
05-29-2008, 08:13 AM
What about me and Jack? Have I been slacking?

Your fight may be going swimmingly - but to be honest, without a better publicity manager, your public will neither know or care.

The codfish lays ten thousand eggs.....

The Bigfella
05-29-2008, 08:13 AM
I'm just not a nasty kind of guy. Mark'll be OK with a little bit of guidance and understanding on our part.

Milo Christensen
05-29-2008, 08:14 AM
. . . Have I been slacking?

Slacking? No. But you've been out of the ring so long you're not in training for a good long Fight Club bout.

Popeye
05-29-2008, 08:16 AM
i give dutch a tko , but he ain't the champeen

Saltiguy
05-29-2008, 08:16 AM
Milo, that was great!

Chris Coose
05-29-2008, 08:31 AM
1st RULE: You do not talk about FIGHT CLUB.
2nd RULE: You DO NOT talk about FIGHT CLUB.

3rd RULE: If someone says "stop" or goes limp, taps out the fight is over.

4th RULE: Only two guys to a fight.

5th RULE: One fight at a time.

6th RULE: No shirts, no shoes.

7th RULE: Fights will go on as long as they have to. Even if a hand shake is extended during the fight.

8th RULE: If this is your first night at FIGHT CLUB, you HAVE to fight.

Duncan Gibbs
05-29-2008, 08:31 AM
Milo, that was great!

Yeah, but I have rival network coverage ya know! Better camera angles and earlier reportage:

...And tonight on the WBF Bilge Channel we have fantastic viewing:

Warren vs Ian!
Jim Ledger vs Paul Girouard!
Memphis Mike vs... well, whoever on the right!
Tyler vs... (sorry ther WILL be a late program change here!)
Gary E vs... well, whoever on the left!

;):p:rolleyes:

[...] :D

The Bigfella
05-29-2008, 08:35 AM
Yeah, but I have rival network coverage ya know! Better camera angles and earlier reportage:

Sounds like a setup for a bikini parade. Better camera angles eh?

Milo Christensen
05-29-2008, 08:43 AM
1st RULE: You do not talk about FIGHT CLUB. . . .

. . . outside of the Fight Club. Inside, it's o.k.

. . . 4th RULE: Only two guys to a fight. . . .

Rule 4 does not apply when in a fight with SamF.

. . . 8th RULE: If this is your first night at FIGHT CLUB, you HAVE to fight.

You hear that you new guys and lurkers! Come on in, the fights are great.

P.I. Stazzer-Newt
05-29-2008, 08:45 AM
. ......
You hear that you new guys and lurkers! Come on in, the fight's are great.

Rule 72,a The apostrophe is entirely optional.

The Bigfella
05-29-2008, 08:45 AM
Nah - the witching hour approaches. Time to do the Sudoku.

Fight on boys

Milo Christensen
05-29-2008, 08:46 AM
Rule 72,a The apostrophe is entirely optional.

Rule 72, b.) The Oxford comma shall not be abused.

Duncan Gibbs
05-29-2008, 08:51 AM
Sounds like a setup for a bikini parade. Better camera angles eh?

Parade? I hate to rain on it but this is ringside we're talkin' mate! No sign of your sparing partner yet. Nice first blow there (http://www.woodenboat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80292)! ;) :D

Popeye
05-29-2008, 08:53 AM
i think joe can totally take dutch
at nintendo

Milo Christensen
05-29-2008, 09:04 AM
Isn't Joe a Wii Wii Wii all the way home kind of guy?

Chris Coose
05-29-2008, 09:10 AM
Further into the Fight Club story we find losers like Bob (Meatloaf) getting some balls as a result of their membership. The Bilge sub crew is evolving but Milo I wished you'd take a read on the Northern Maine group as asked and make a synopsis on Dan and Ish duke-out.

Your ring calling is a calling for you.

Keep in mind Tyler Durden never existed but in the imagination of the Narator. In my rounds with the antagonist I always keep this in mind.
The Narator is at war with himself and he is always breaking rules #4&5. It is no skill at all taking on somebody who is at war with himself.
I do remove my shoes and shirt before fighting in respect of all the rules except the first 2.

elf
05-29-2008, 09:58 AM
Guys are so wierd.

CharlieCobra
05-29-2008, 03:05 PM
Not all of us fall into this category or find it remotely entertaining but I digress.

Backfin
05-29-2008, 03:27 PM
Guys are so wierd.

9th Rule: No hitting girls.

paladin
05-29-2008, 04:15 PM
define "girls"....

Tylerdurden
05-29-2008, 04:26 PM
9th Rule: No hitting girls.

So only Chuck and I can fight . Don't see any other Vets here so I think it seems only right.:D

Ghey thread alert!

John of Phoenix
05-29-2008, 04:58 PM
go red wings (http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app/?service=page&page=PlayerDetail&playerId=8468498)

Red Wings. Pfftt. PFFTT!!
My man... Brooks Orpik.

http://cdn.nhl.com/images/upload/2008/05/orpik_brooks_pens_helm_darren_wings_action_scf08_3 05x220.jpg
Who's that about to kiss the ice? Wings rookie Darren Helm. Welcome to Pittsburgh Daren. Smooch!

Orpik tallied four, yes an unbelievable FOUR, bone jarring hits in less than a minute last night. THAT'S fight club. And the crowd went absolutely WILD! Literally shook the arena.

GO PENGUINS!

Backfin
05-29-2008, 04:58 PM
So only Chuck and I can fight.

Good one, Dwight. But that one was deflected by my predicability shield.

The Bigfella
05-29-2008, 06:19 PM
Strewth - I got up this morning expecting to see some hair and feathers on the floor - and, nothing.

On that note, I think I'll go outside, lie down on the cold hard concrete and change a gearbox.

CharlieCobra
05-29-2008, 06:50 PM
I positively HATE laying on cold concrete to work on cars.

Jim Ledger
05-29-2008, 07:02 PM
Yeah, a nice piece of cardboard makes all the difference. Sometimes just go to sleep for a bit.:D

The Bigfella
05-29-2008, 07:04 PM
I positively HATE laying on cold concrete to work on cars.

(back in for my first coffee - and a quick read of the manual - yeah, I've done it before, but, old-timers disease can strike at any time)

Must get cardboard sheets out for the concrete! Its very cold (by Oz standards).

SaltyD from BC
05-29-2008, 07:18 PM
Its very cold (by Oz standards).

Thanks for the clarification Bigfella, I was ready to call you less than manly :D

:confused: Actually, I think elf had it right up there... ^^ But I'm a proud man. In a weird kind of way.

Donn
05-29-2008, 07:33 PM
I do remove my shoes and shirt before fighting ...

That reminds me of a joke:

What's a hat on a pair of boots?:p

Let the Dwarf Wars continue!:D

Chris Coose
05-29-2008, 07:47 PM
Will you return to the bilge and tell us more about the need to vote republican?

John of Phoenix
05-30-2008, 09:48 AM
Another drive by.

Bye bye Donny.

Popeye
05-30-2008, 09:58 AM
Red Wings. Pfftt. PFFTT!!

Orpik tallied four, yes an unbelievable FOUR, bone jarring hits in less than a minute last night. THAT'S fight club. And the crowd went absolutely WILD! Literally shook the arena.

GO PENGUINS!

when was that , during the 4-0 game? :D

http://www.versus.com/img/god1.jpg

Milo Christensen
06-03-2008, 05:41 AM
Welll, he's at it again, trying to start a fight with someone who's decided to drop out of the Fight Club. Too funny in a way, so much anger directed against anyone who misses the opponent he most wants to fight. Not really funny though, just sadly pathetic.

Tylerdurden
06-03-2008, 05:50 AM
Milo, I know you are bored because Joe isn't here so I will send you a link to make you happy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcewrgNgBtU

Milo Christensen
06-13-2008, 06:18 AM
Wow. The posse comitatus was in full uproar last night when the returning heavyweight fight club champion took up the challenge and got into it with a light welterweight. Some poor sportsmanship was displayed when the light welterweight was hit with a couple of cheap shots from the sidelines. With any luck at all tonight's bout should be one for the record books. It all starts after the contestants have had a few drinks, so be sure to tune in after 7 p.m. EDST. Friday Night at the Fight Club!

Captain Blight
06-13-2008, 03:07 PM
So only Chuck and I can fight . Don't see any other Vets here so I think it seems only right.:D

Ghey thread alert!I'm a vet. And the only thing that has the gyeigh here is.... Well... your threads.

Upstart rookie alert!!!