Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CK 17
    • Jul 2002

Drying werstern red cedar

I bought some fence boards at menards for a privacy fence and they are quite wet. If I stack them in my sun room which gets pretty warm am I at greater risk of having them warp in the heat? My other option is to stack them inside a shady garage or even the basement. I would like to dry and stian them before I hang them on the fence rails.

Thanks

__________________________________________________ ________________________
  • Mrleft8
    Banned
    • Feb 2000

Re: Drying werstern red cedar

Garage. Put stickers inbetween the boards and a few 2x4s under the whole stack to facillitate air circulation.

Comment

• CK 17
      • Jul 2002

Done. Thanks

Comment

• Paul Girouard
        Banned
        • May 2005

Originally posted by Mrleft8

Garage. Put stickers inbetween the boards and a few 2x4s under the whole stack to facillitate air circulation.
        You might run a fan on low or leave the garge door cracked a bit as well , or both. Slow and steady , no direct sun .

They still may split and twist when you hang them , but a good start of drying might help some.

When I first read Lefty's post I thought he lead of with "garbage" seeing there from Menard's , funny I (we) can see what I (we) want in words some times

Comment

• CK 17
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Paul Girouard
          You might run a fan on low
          Also done. Thanks

Comment

Working...