PDA

View Full Version : Did You miss us?...Cass had extensive surgery, she's back home...

Spin_Drift
04-06-2008, 01:42 AM
...and she is doing great.

Cass had an operation in Tuesday. She faced it bravely.

We arrived at the hospital after an 1.5 hr drive. I read "Black Beauty" to her until they took her to surgery.

I sat near the Theater for the 4 plus hours and stood by her as soon as she was wheeled to the recovery (waking up) room.

As soon as Cass came to she reached for my hand and said "ouch..." then she looked at me and asked "How is :p Dad?" Then came "I love yous".

She was in the hospital until Friday about 4 pm.

She is doing really well :) and her spirits are up like usually.

Cass is a great source of joy and pride... We are so lucky to have such a wonderful Daughter.:D

There was almost a horrible malpractice :( done by one of the nurses. I stopped it at the "last moment". Details will follow, but now I have to get chores done...

WX
04-06-2008, 01:50 AM
best wishes to Cass and hope her recovery is swift.

Greg P H
04-06-2008, 01:52 AM
Healing and light to Cass and all concerned

Blessed Be

Duncan Gibbs
04-06-2008, 02:38 AM
Hey Spin! Onya to you and Kalevala for being great parents.

And Cass, hope you recover soon and are able to join us here again very soon. BTW how's the search for a design for your ink going?

Cheers and best wishes from the Tweed.

The Bigfella
04-06-2008, 02:48 AM
Hey - enough of that! Best wishes Cass.

Cass
04-06-2008, 03:04 AM
I'm so happy to be out of the hospital and away from some of the unfriendly nurses.

I'm so happy to be back home. :D

Thank goodness, no more painkillers. They were forcing them down my throat 3 x day.:eek: :(

Home, sweet home, and here I have the best doctor-nurse of them all, my Mom.:D

She caters to all my...ahem...needs (whims) and spoils me rotten to the core.:eek: :D

Mom also makes me get up out of bed and move around and she makes sure I'll do my post operative exercise properly. I do have to say that it feels really good after I've moved around a bit.

The Bigfella
04-06-2008, 03:05 AM
Good to see you back Cass

Michael Beckman
04-06-2008, 03:32 AM
Hospitals are scary.

Glad to see you back. This forum needs more young people. Not to say all you old guys are old or anything. >_>

paladin
04-06-2008, 04:02 AM
Hang around a while Michael and you'll become one of the old pharts.....before you know it....I was agonna check in here for a few questions and answers.......8 years ago.....

Tylerdurden
04-06-2008, 05:23 AM
So glad you are okay. We need more like you and your mom.
Keep fighting!

PeterSibley
04-06-2008, 05:38 AM
Good News Cas ,very glad you're well !

S/V Laura Ellen
04-06-2008, 05:45 AM
Heal quickly, Cass.

Bill R
04-06-2008, 05:49 AM
Best wishes Cass. Hope you feel better soon.

Michael Beckman
04-06-2008, 05:57 AM
Hang around a while Michael and you'll become one of the old pharts.....before you know it....I was agonna check in here for a few questions and answers.......8 years ago.....

Everyone tells me that life speeds up. It already seems to be going by at the blink of an eye. I don't fear becoming old, so long as I remember how to have a good time.. I see too many people forget that.

S.V. Airlie
04-06-2008, 06:20 AM
Cheers Cass.. Keep that attitude and you'll be sailing soon.

Vince Brennan
04-06-2008, 06:35 AM
All the best Cass. PostOp and PT are a bugger to get thru but worth it in the end.

Second your thoughts on those (X#*$&%^@) painkillers.

Hughman
04-06-2008, 06:52 AM
Did You miss us?...Cass had extensive surgery, she's back home...

I did miss you, and I'm very glad we didn't lose you!!

Hospitals have been too much of a gamble in my experiance, glad the wheel of fortune stopped in your favor!

Joe (SoCal)
04-06-2008, 07:01 AM
All the best Cass and here's to a speedy recovery. Your pen pal Tess wishes you well too ;)

Mrleft8
04-06-2008, 07:27 AM
What the hell? Nobody infomed ME of this in advance! I think there might have been some breach of protocall there!
Ah well.....What's done is done.... Glad yer on the mend! (Don't do it again....Hear? ;) )

R.I.Singer30
04-06-2008, 07:29 AM
Cheers.

paladin
04-06-2008, 07:42 AM
Yeah! I'm the Bilge Rat 'o the Month and nobuddy told me......whatzahappeninhere?

S.V. Airlie
04-06-2008, 07:45 AM
Yeah! I'm the Bilge Rat 'o the Month and nobuddy told me......whatzahappeninhere?

Heck, vibes chuck. I thought you's figure it out. I mean you are the most deserved of the honor..

Someone should create a hat that could be given to that rare individual who receives the honor of Bilge Rat of the month.. Could use the wooden boat hat and just add a little something to it..

Mrleft8
04-06-2008, 07:47 AM
Heck, vibes chuck. I thought you's figure it out. I mean you are the most deserved of the honor..

Someone should create a hat that could be given to that rare individual who receives the honor of Bilge Rat of the month.. Could use the wooden boat hat and just add a little something to it..
Wedge of cheese? :D
Trouble is....We're all such procrastinators, the hat would always be about 3 months behind schedual....

S.V. Airlie
04-06-2008, 07:49 AM
Wedge of cheese? :D
Trouble is....We're all such procrastinators, the hat would always be about 3 months behind schedual....

I assume only the best cheese.. limburger!

Phillip Allen
04-06-2008, 07:54 AM
Well, I'll be doggoned...didn't know you was sick...glad you're better now

Spin_Drift
04-06-2008, 08:00 AM
UPDATE on hospital stay...

As soon as Cass arrived to the "bed ward" from the surgery, the nurses wanted to move her to another hospital bed as the one she was laying on belonged to the surgery department.

I told them I wanted them to let her stay on the bed she was on and not move her. It was only an hour and a half from the end of surgery. They listened to me and so it was that Cass had a nice electric bed for the duration of her hospital stay. (Other beds had to be manually adjusted to lift the knees or the head rest area)

That night at about 10 pm I knocked on the nurses station's door and asked if a nurse would come and see the fluid/blood drainage bag thing-ama-dinga was in need of draining into the bag.

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa111/Spin_Drift/cars/drainage.jpg

A nurse said in a very rude tone of voice "someone will come look at it in a little bit".

Half an hour later, no one had came yet. I call the nurse via the little button given to the patient. It takes another 10 minutes before a nurse comes.

If it would have been a question of life and death, the patient would have perished several times each day...:eek::(

MiddleAgesMan
04-06-2008, 08:15 AM
That sounds pretty typical, Spinner. Was this hospital in AK or Finland?

BTW--best wishes to Cass for a speedy recovery.

Spin_Drift
04-06-2008, 08:21 AM
I sat at Cass's bedside the next four hours, trying to get even somewhat comfortable on the little chair, to no avail...

When a nurse came in at about two am I asked if they had a bit more comfortable chair. They brought e another one like the one I had been sitting on. I asked if they would have one more so I could make a makeshift bed.

I was so happy to be able spend the nights on this narrow "bed".

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa111/Spin_Drift/cars/momsbed.jpg

With the next morning, my second cousin Anna whom Cass lovingly calls her "Aunt Anna" (drove 160 km each way) came to be with Cass while I drove an hour and half to get home to care for the flock of chickens, dogs and the cats, (one of which needs her urine tested for glucose daily, and insulin administered)

Cass enjoyed Aunt Anna's visit and I found her in good spirits upon my return.

sv Lorelei
04-06-2008, 08:22 AM
Wondered where you'd gotten to Cass! Thought maybe us old pharts in the bilge had put your off! Best to you for a speedy recovery!

Spin_Drift
04-06-2008, 08:25 AM
That sounds pretty typical, Spinner. Was this hospital in AK or Finland?

BTW--best wishes to Cass for a speedy recovery.

This took place in Finland...

Wait till we get to the scary part... The near malpractice which could have had dire consequences for Cass...

Have to take a break now and go feed the dogs and see if the chickens have returned to their chicken house yet. (We let them out to the yard every day after they have laid their eggs.)

S.V. Airlie
04-06-2008, 08:29 AM
We let them out to the yard every day after they have laid their eggs.)

Umm, sounds like you have created Pavlov's Chickens, Spin..

Now lay eggs girls and I'll let ya out.. Don't want to be cooped up in here all day do ya?

Canoez
04-06-2008, 08:35 AM
Cass - Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Spinner - glad you could be at the hospital and on your toes!

Concordia...41
04-06-2008, 08:35 AM
Cass - I'm so glad to hear you're resting comfortably (well, more or less) at your mom's. Take care.

-M

Claudia
04-06-2008, 08:45 AM
Cass, glad you are doing so well.:)

P.I. Stazzer-Newt
04-06-2008, 08:47 AM
Thanks for letting us know - glad to hear that all is well - having a sprog ill, and in hospital is really really scary.

Memphis Mike
04-06-2008, 08:50 AM
Get well soon, Cass.

botebum
04-06-2008, 08:52 AM
Cass, Glad to hear you're doing well. Helps quite a bit when you've got a great Mom like yours that does double duty as valet/maid service. Best wishes.

Doug

Tar Devil
04-06-2008, 10:03 AM
Prayers for a speedy recover, Cass!!

Bruce Taylor
04-06-2008, 10:19 AM
Get well, Cass! You and your mom are two of the best things to happen to this forum in years. :)

Leon m
04-06-2008, 10:35 AM
Be well Cass

http://artfiles.art.com/images/-/Robert-Down/Running-free-Photographic-Print-C12523073.jpeg

Hughman
04-06-2008, 10:40 AM
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7ce31b3127ccebe78c9ffd2e900000035100ActWbluzZOG MA

Joe (SoCal)
04-06-2008, 11:13 AM
FWIW a friend just bought a building in my village, on a small part of a settlement she made from incompetent hospitals. Get ye to a lawyer.

boylesboats
04-06-2008, 11:18 AM
Hi Cass,
I glad that you are healing well... You're a brave gal... Take it easy for awhile..

Spin,
You're very good mother... Malpractice is very scary, and that why I don't like to hang out in hospital very much.

htom
04-06-2008, 11:45 AM
Heal quickly and well, Cass, and don't be too cranky to your Mom (who probably does know best!)

Michael s/v Sannyasin
04-06-2008, 11:57 AM
Mend well Cass, we look forward to your future posts.

I can see a topic forming... what kind of tatoo can I design to minimize the appearance of this small scar... ;-)

Bob Adams
04-06-2008, 12:05 PM
Glad to hear the good news Cass, welcome back!

Lew Barrett
04-06-2008, 12:08 PM
Get well soon Cass. Happy you are back and healing with your family. Hugs.

Spin_Drift
04-06-2008, 12:11 PM
Thank you all for your well-wishes.

Cass and I are also enjoying the beautiful pixtures of the lovely scene with the horses and the beautiful ship.

Back to the hospital.

On Thursday at about 2 pm a nurse administered Cass's intravenous antibiotic bottle.

Here is the scary part.

About 10- 15 minutes after the empty antibiotic bottle was removed from the IV needle stuck into her hand, another nurse came to Cass's bedside and was going to plug-in an another kind of antibiotic bottle to her IV needle.

I stopped her and said another nurse has just given Cass her intravenous antibiotics. While I said that, the nurse had plugged the new antibiotic bottle into the drip-tube and was clearing the air out of the tube. (The other side was not inserted into Cass's IV needle)

I said again. -Cass had just received an antibiotic. The nurse said "this was another kind of antibiotic Cass needed".

I said, "Does the left hand here know what the right hand is doing?" You better check this out.

I was not going to let the nurse give Cass the second antibiotic. The nurse left the room for a moment to check patient records and came back. She removed the antibiotic from Cass's stand and went over to the woman laying in the other bed in the room and proceeded to give the antibiotic to her...

The nurse came back and apologized sheepishly. She said she was really, really sorry...

I dread to think what could have happened if this would have taken place while I was home taking care of animals...:(

boylesboats
04-06-2008, 12:37 PM
Thank you all for your well-wishes.

Cass and I are also enjoying the beautiful pixtures of the lovely scene with the horses and the beautiful ship.

Back to the hospital.

On Thursday at about 2 pm a nurse administered Cass's intravenous antibiotic bottle.

Here is the scary part.

About 10- 15 minutes after the empty antibiotic bottle was removed from the IV needle stuck into her hand, another nurse came to Cass's bedside and was going to plug-in an another kind of antibiotic bottle to her IV needle.

I stopped her and said another nurse has just given Cass her intravenous antibiotics. While I said that, the nurse had plugged the new antibiotic bottle into the drip-tube and was clearing the air out of the tube. (The other side was not inserted into Cass's IV needle)

I said again. -Cass had just received an antibiotic. The nurse said "this was another kind of antibiotic Cass needed".

I said, "Does the left hand here know what the right hand is doing?" You better check this out.

I was not going to let the nurse give Cass the second antibiotic. The nurse left the room for a moment to check patient records and came back. She removed the antibiotic from Cass's stand and went over to the woman laying in the other bed in the room and proceeded to give the antibiotic to her...

The nurse came back and apologized sheepishly. She said she was really, really sorry...

I dread to think what could have happened if this would have taken place while I was home taking care of animals...:(

Ooooooooh nooooooo:eek:...
I am glad that you did stopped that nurse..
That mistake shouldn't be allowed to be forgiven and let slipped through.. A bad habit bout to form..
Nurses ever done that here, they would be removed from practice permanently.... Nationwide, that is..

Ian McColgin
04-06-2008, 01:45 PM
Nothing like an informed mother's close attention. Glad the healing's going well.

And Cass, enjoy it while you can - a mother's love is infinate but her waiting hand and foot is not . . .

seanz
04-06-2008, 04:27 PM

Here is the scary part.

:(
Shift change?
Wrong medication......wrong patient, it's a real bad mistake.
Lucky you were there to catch it......now make sure the appropriate medicine is applied to the hospital.
I know you will.

Best wishes to Cass for her recovery and of course I may be biased but scars are so much cooler than tattoos.
;)

John Meachen
04-06-2008, 04:53 PM
I would hope that in a while you view the events of the last few days as the worst time and that things simply go on improving forever.The positive thoughts of this forum will hopefully speed the recovery process.

BrianW
04-06-2008, 05:43 PM
Glad all is well now! Welcome back.

AussieBarney
04-06-2008, 05:57 PM
Spin, It sounds like Cass was lucky to have you there to look over her. A fathers love knows no bounds;). Cass , hang in there mate and get well soon, Sue and I will be thinking of you Barney

Mrleft8
04-06-2008, 07:59 PM
OK CASS! Enough lollygaggin' about! Time to get up and feed the chickens! C'mon girl! No time to be layin' about in bed!!!! Gotta get up and get some muscle back on those skinny bones of yers! C'mon! UP UP UP!!!!! :D

Robbie 2
04-06-2008, 08:19 PM
Best wishes for a speedy recovery Cass...We need your youngster input to balance all us old folks...:)

Paul Pless
04-06-2008, 08:55 PM
she's back home...

...and she is doing great.

Great news!

cs
04-06-2008, 09:10 PM
Get well soon and Mom I can understand about the sleeping arragements at the hospital. Last year when my daughter had that compound fracture in her arm I spend the entire night sleeping in that chair where she could see me if she woke up. I say I know about sleeping arragements, I don't think I got much sleep that night.

Chad

jimmy lee
04-06-2008, 09:38 PM
Best Wishes, Cass, and may you have a speedy recovery.

Peter Malcolm Jardine
04-06-2008, 10:49 PM
Glad to hear surgery was a success...:)

Tanbark Spanker
04-07-2008, 12:59 AM
Read all the books on nutrition and prevention. Remember, Love and Happiness are your friends. Fear and Confusion are never to be invited in. In fact, if you don't talk to them, they will go away.

pipefitter
04-07-2008, 01:23 AM
Get well soon.
My sons always asked that I went to the surgeries with them instead of their mother.

Cass
04-07-2008, 01:34 AM
:(
Shift change?
Wrong medication......wrong patient, it's a real bad mistake.
Lucky you were there to catch it......now make sure the appropriate medicine is applied to the hospital.
I know you will.

Best wishes to Cass for her recovery and of course I may be biased but scars are so much cooler than tattoos.

Not a shift change, just a careless nurse.:eek:

My Mom is one of those people who will see things to their end and if anyone can straighten up the hospital, she is the one to do it. (and she's good at it too:D)

She already told the surgeon about it and the Dr. was aghast. Mom is also writing it up with all the other out-points she found or experienced there. She'll submit it to the hospital "overseer(s)" and copies of it to all the appropriate people including the director of surgical department. Mom is also asking them for a written answer.
(I don't really know all the details, but you get the drift.)

In a situation like this, I'd hate to be the one questioned by her or to bear the brunt of her inquiries. :eek::rolleyes::D

Cass
04-07-2008, 02:26 AM
Spin, It sounds like Cass was lucky to have you there to look over her. A fathers love knows no bounds;). Cass , hang in there mate and get well soon, Sue and I will be thinking of you Barney

It's true a fathers love knows no bounds. My Dad really loves me a lot. I'm fortunate to have such caring and cool parents. They really are my best friends. However at this instance it was my Mom who was with me. My Dad is in Alaska and Mom called him up on the telephone (GSM) every morning and evening so it was almost like having him there and I got to talk with Dad as long as I wanted to.:D

I just asked Dad if I can tell a story about what happened with him several years ago when I got hurt on an icy hillside and he told me I could.

Here it is.

I was at school (an old two room, two teacher country school) standing on top of a hill and out of the blue someone pushed me. I fell and punctured my chin on the uneven ice. I was bleeding and went to the principle who called Mom. Dad was at work.

Mom came and got me and drove the 45 kilometers as fast as possible on the narrow country road. She called Dad up on her GSM and Dad said he'll meet us at the hospital.

We were all in the room now, Dad, Mom, me and the doctor. The cut was about an inch long and went all the way trough the layer of fat. It looked really nasty as the fat was squeezing out of the cut.

I was laying down, Dad was by my side holding my hand. The doctor started to administer a Novocane needle and Dad was looking at the cut with the fat sticking out of it and the Novocane squirted out of the cut in a stream and Dad passed out.

Mom caught him in her arms but he weighed too much because he was so limp that she was not able to hold him so he slid to the floor.

Mom thought he had had a heart attack and told the doctor to check him for a heart attack. Mom was really worried. Doctor checked Dad and reassured Mom that Dad had only passed out at the sight of his "little girl's" ordeal.

When Dad came to, he had to sit this one out as Mom held my head still and the doctor stitched me up.

Dad passing out like that was strange to me as my Dad had been in the Navy and in the Libyan conflict and he is as tough as nails.
Sight of blood had never made him queasy or bothered him and he has seen his share of it.

It was the pain and the blood of his daughter that had caused the reaction.:eek::D

Cass
04-07-2008, 02:31 AM
OK CASS! Enough lollygaggin' about! Time to get up and feed the chickens! C'mon girl! No time to be layin' about in bed!!!! Gotta get up and get some muscle back on those skinny bones of yers! C'mon! UP UP UP!!!!! :D

Hey, hold on, wait a minute Lefty. Shh..... I'm able to lolly-gag now and I'm going to take full advantage of it while I can...;):D

I'm having a pajama party with our WBF friends.:):eek:

Mom ousted me from the chicken house.:p

bamamick
04-07-2008, 02:35 AM
I am the same. When my kids get hurt it is their mom who is the tough one. I am just about able to be there for a little moral support but as far as actually doing anything constructive I am at a loss. It's odd, because in my work I have to make a lot of very quick decisions, sometimes in dangerous situations. It's different when it's your kids.

I guess that it works out, though. My wife and I seem to compliment each other when it comes to the girls. When one of them got hurt it was always mom who was there doing whatever needed doing. When some bad news had to be broken to them (as in the loss of their grandparents), it was always me who had to do the dirty work.

I am very happy that you came through a tough time, Cass.

Mickey Lake

Cass
04-07-2008, 02:45 AM
Read all the books on nutrition and prevention. Remember, Love and Happiness are your friends. Fear and Confusion are never to be invited in. In fact, if you don't talk to them, they will go away.

OMG, that's really a second nature in our house. Mom has a Bachelors degree in Naturopathic health. She is working on her Master of Science degree and then her PhD ans ND.

Believe me, you don't want to get sick in our house. Mom makes us take chopped up raw garlic :eek: herbs, tinctures and colostrum instead of pharmacy medicines. Prevention is really big with her as well.

Mom and Dad don't have to worry about boys for a week after I take the garlic. It must be her secret weapon. :eek::D LOL

I also know about love and happiness and feeding good, positive feelings. I don't get negative and fortunately there is nothing for me to be afraid of. Confusion is not in my vocabulary.

Seeing things for what they are (instead of what I'd like them to be) and handling things as they come, is something I have been thought to do from early on in my life.

AussieBarney
04-07-2008, 05:20 AM
It's true a fathers love knows no bounds. My Dad really loves me a lot. I'm fortunate to have such caring and cool parents. They really are my best friends. However at this instance it was my Mom who was with me. My Dad is in Alaska and Mom called him up on the telephone (GSM) every morning and evening so it was almost like having him there and I got to talk with Dad as long as I wanted to.:D

I just asked Dad if I can tell a story about what happened with him several years ago when I got hurt on an icy hillside and he told me I could.

Here it is.

I was at school (an old two room, two teacher country school) standing on top of a hill and out of the blue someone pushed me. I fell and punctured my chin on the uneven ice. I was bleeding and went to the principle who called Mom. Dad was at work.

Mom came and got me and drove the 45 kilometers as fast as possible on the narrow country road. She called Dad up on her GSM and Dad said he'll meet us at the hospital.

We were all in the room now, Dad, Mom, me and the doctor. The cut was about an inch long and went all the way trough the layer of fat. It looked really nasty as the fat was squeezing out of the cut.

I was laying down, Dad was by my side holding my hand. The doctor started to administer a Novocane needle and Dad was looking at the cut with the fat sticking out of it and the Novocane squirted out of the cut in a stream and Dad passed out.

Mom caught him in her arms but he weighed too much because he was so limp that she was not able to hold him so he slid to the floor.

Mom thought he had had a heart attack and told the doctor to check him for a heart attack. Mom was really worried. Doctor checked Dad and reassured Mom that Dad had only passed out at the sight of his "little girl's" ordeal.

When Dad came to, he had to sit this one out as Mom held my head still and the doctor stitched me up.

Dad passing out like that was strange to me as my Dad had been in the Navy and in the Libyan conflict and he is as tough as nails.
Sight of blood had never made him queasy or bothered him and he has seen his share of it.

It was the pain and the blood of his daughter that had caused the reaction.:eek::D
Cass, Im hearing ya, Be happy get well. Barney:D

boylesboats
04-07-2008, 09:52 AM
Not a shift change, just a careless nurse.:eek:

My Mom is one of those people who will see things to their end and if anyone can straighten up the hospital, she is the one to do it. (and she's good at it too:D)

She already told the surgeon about it and the Dr. was aghast. Mom is also writing it up with all the other out-points she found or experienced there. She'll submit it to the hospital "overseer(s)" and copies of it to all the appropriate people including the director of surgical department. Mom is also asking them for a written answer.
(I don't really know all the details, but you get the drift.)

In a situation like this, I'd hate to be the one questioned by her or to bear the brunt of her inquiries. :eek::rolleyes::D

Yeah baby... Get rid of that nurse... Not enough room for error in human life in hospital..

Canoez
04-07-2008, 10:07 AM
Interesting article. Medicine Mix-Ups Hurt Hospitalized Kids (http://www.comcast.net/news/articles/health/2008/04/07/Children.Drug.Errors/).

Frightening.

Paul Stohlman
04-07-2008, 12:02 PM
Welcome back Cass...Be well.

Keith Wilson
04-07-2008, 12:25 PM
Welcome back, and I'm very glad things are going well. You and your mom are delightful to have around; a welcome change from all the grouchy middle-aged bearded guys (like me).

Tealsmith
04-07-2008, 01:09 PM
Hope you recover quickly.

Bob Triggs
04-07-2008, 02:18 PM
Warm healing thoughts for you Cass. It is touching to read here of your parent's devotion to you. And inspiring.

merlinron
04-07-2008, 08:50 PM
when i had my heart surgery in '91, my sister closest in age to me came and stayed by my side for the entire time i was in the hospital. she was a head ICU nurse in a big hospital in washington state at the time and knew what to look for and what should be happening at all times...... it was comforting, to say the least!

Spin_Drift
04-10-2008, 12:00 PM
Drove to Hameenlinna today and had the stitches taken out.

There was about 300 of them:eek::eek::eek:

Cass is doing well. Has not taken any painkillers since she got home a week ago.

She has really enjoyed her time of leasure and being waited on, however she's started to get back into the game and is cooking nice dinners and even doing some dishes...:D

glenallen
04-10-2008, 01:19 PM
300 stitches! I can't imagine that.
The kid must be tougher than she looks.
Continued best wishes!

Paul Pless
04-10-2008, 01:28 PM
Has not taken any painkillers since she got home a week ago. But those are the best part.:confused:;)

seanz
04-10-2008, 05:01 PM

Cass is doing well. Has not taken any painkillers since she got home a week ago.

She has really enjoyed her time of leasure and being waited on, however she's started to get back into the game and is cooking nice dinners and even doing some dishes...:D

300!?!?!
At first I was sympathetic.........now I'm impressed.
:cool:

Good to hear Cass can do without painkillers, if you can sleep without them you get a much better quality rest.

John B
04-10-2008, 05:03 PM
Speedy recovery Cass !

boylesboats
04-10-2008, 05:33 PM

Oh my gosh, 300 stitches:eek: What did they do to her?:eek:

S/V Laura Ellen
04-10-2008, 07:54 PM

I think the question would be "what didn't they do to her?"!

I hope you're recovering quickly Cass.

boyle
04-11-2008, 10:45 AM
;)Hi Cass I dont know you but get well soon and hi spin drift u are a good mother;)

Katherine
04-11-2008, 07:41 PM
Glad to hear she's doing well.:)

George Ray
04-11-2008, 10:06 PM
Best wishes!

Cass
04-12-2008, 10:33 AM
Thanks very much for all your nice wishes and positive thoughts.:)

Mom and I took our first semi-long walk today.:):D

The day was beautiful, sun shining, a bit of green showing on our timothy hay fields. Birds were singing and swooping by.:p

Perfect day, except the cold, biting wind when we walked by the hay field.

Aah, how beautiful life is.:p:D

Phillip Allen
04-12-2008, 10:38 AM

replaced all her bones

boylesboats
04-13-2008, 12:51 AM
Thanks very much for all your nice wishes and positive thoughts.:)

Mom and I took our first semi-long walk today.:):D

The day was beautiful, sun shining, a bit of green showing on our timothy hay fields. Birds were singing and swooping by.:p

Perfect day, except the cold, biting wind when we walked by the hay field.

Aah, how beautiful life is.:p:D

You deserves this treat Cass... Enjoy the moment.. Spring is here, life just re-born around you.. Fresh spring air is good for your soul..

boylesboats
04-13-2008, 12:52 AM
replaced all her bones

They'd what?:eek:

Syed
04-14-2008, 10:00 AM
Get well completely, well before May 30 :)

J. Dillon
04-14-2008, 07:02 PM
Cass, you have a good attitude and will survive this crisis fine. You have many fine years ahead.

JD

Cass
04-18-2008, 10:01 AM
Get well completely, well before May 30 :)

You bet I will, have to be feeling up to par on my birthday.:D

S.V. Airlie
04-18-2008, 10:07 AM
Good morning Cass.. Glad you're feeling better!

Please note, I have decided to stick with English!!!;)