X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cs
    Elite Invisible Member
    • Feb 2001

Is this cool?

Say you are looking for a paticular item on E-bay and you see this one guy (auction house) is selling the item you want. He seems to be selling multiples of the same item using the same photo and the same description. His feedback rating may be high, but yet there are some negatives near the top. Negatives like "never shipped the item" "Shipped wrong item" "don't answer e-mails" etc. Overall his average may be 99.2% with over 30,000 feedbacks.

And say you watched an auction and didn't bid on it but somebody else won that auction and it is for the same item you are looking at.

I guess my question is, is it cool to contact the winner of the other aution and ask them if they are satisfied with the item and the seller?

If the feedback leaves a bad taste in your mouth, shouldn't you be able to investigate a little further?

Chad
    There are three ways to do things: The right way, the wrong way and my way.

Three Little Birds
    Love is My Religion
  • S.V. Airlie
    Ancient Mariner
    • Dec 2006

Re: Is this cool?

Hey Chad!
    I see nothing wrong with that.
    Think of this as an analogy.. When ya rent a place, the owner asks for references which he/she can contact. When you a apply for a job, the applicant gives references.

Bottom line, when you are gonna have to ay for something, may as well be assured that you will get what you want etc...

Comment

• rbgarr
      43.50.918 N, 69.38.583 W
      • Apr 1999

I've never had a problem contacting buyers of other items. They don't always answer however.
      For the most part experience is making the same mistakes over and over again, only with greater confidence.

Comment

• cs
        Elite Invisible Member
        • Feb 2001

Thanks. I thought it was cool but wasn't sure.

Chad

Three Little Birds
        Love is My Religion

Comment

• cs
          Elite Invisible Member
          • Feb 2001

I'm glad I checked with the other buyer. Last night I got an e-mail back from him and said that it had been 10 days and 3 e-mails and he still didn't have the pack or an answer to his e-mails. I bought my pack from another seller because I didn't want the headache.

I would say that if you ever have a seller's feedback leave you uncomfortable go ahead and contact a previous buyer.

Chad

Three Little Birds
          Love is My Religion

Comment

• ewan
            • Jun 2006

i have contacted purchasers of an item i wanted in order to see if the quality upon delivery matched the advert. they all were happy to respond, happy with the product making me happy to buy.

i think in this age of instant communication through texts and mobiles etc the boundaries of how, when and in what manner you can contact people have been extremely unformalized. i've concluded that the only disappointment stems from not getting an answer. so i inquire away

Comment

Working...