PDA

View Full Version : Amazing what a little lick of paint can do eh!

Wild Dingo
03-09-2008, 11:20 AM
Spent the last few days preping the living room dining room combo and also the kitchen computer room combos and we arced up and painted them yesty... FRIGGIN AMAZING!!! man once the second coat of paint hit the ceiling the change was downright bloody stunning!! then we got REALLY energetic and painted the walls... once dry Tiff just "HAD TO" hang the new curtains she had sewn up... when done we all sat down in utter stunned silence!! TOTALLY DIFFERENT HOUSE!!! :eek:

A nice "regatta blue" for the living dining area and a nice "mellow yellow" for the kitchen computer area... lovely... the yellow was initially way WAY to bright!!! near burnt yer eyesockets out it was soooooo YELLOW!! then we made up a batch adding some more white and she toned down beautifully.

We spent most of today cleaning the timber floors before I get stuck in and sand them back in prep for the new skirting boards and goop... and tonight I took my time and hung the pics... man ohhhhh man do these areas look bloody fanfriggintastic!! :cool:

The dining area (front entrance) Ive hung most of the good boat stuff Vicks painting of Fritha in full flight hanging her in this area has really drawn out the colors Vick used and I also hung her other one that she gave to mum before she died and I snuffled without even a slight tinge of guilt (heck Im the only buggar interested in boats in this family so I "inherited" it get over it!) this has quite a bit of green in the water which wasnt really noticable without the blue background that it now has... a pic I picked up at a second hand shop of a setting sun over water with a couple of "interesting" boats in the forground quite a yellow toned pic actually and the half models I made of Fame and the Dark Harbor

The living room area which is now divided from the dining area by using an old OLD wooden framed thing (the japanese things with material inserts?) anyway this thing was about to be tossed on the tip by Jos dad and I snuffled it threw some paint on it hung some new material (same as the new window curtains) so now it stands deliniating the dining from living areas... anyway this area has the family photos around the walls and looks great

The kitchen computer area has more ahem boats... the veneer marquetry one I made and the brass model and marquetry one I did awhile ago on one wall and a couple of bush homestead ones Ive had laying around for some time one done with a branding iron and the other hand painted... all up its now clean crisp and airy while the living area is cosy warm and family and the dining is nautical... as I said this simple painting thing has changed this part of the house something increadible and along with the new furniture Ive had to get its bloody amazing :cool:

Been avoiding it like the plague for some time now but by gawd I aint avoiding painting this place now... fanfriggintastic result!!

On to the kids bedrooms this coming week!! :cool:

ps... no pics camera went woop woop with her highness and is presently in Singa... nope its 1.18am here now so its back in Perth but way up the the other side of the sticks from me and anyways she claimed it sooooooo I gots to get meself a newy I guess... no wukkers!! :cool:

Get to paintin Gareth... believe me the results will stun and amaze you me ol gnome like mate! ;)

Spin_Drift
03-09-2008, 11:24 AM
Hi Dingo, SOOOoooo nice to see you on board again.:D:D:D

Would love to see pictures. Yeah, a camera is a must as I'm sure there are many things to take pix of...

Hugs :p:) from Spinner and Cass...

John Turpin
03-09-2008, 01:47 PM
I got to have some home improvement fun this weekend as well. This morning, I was standing on a 6 ft step ladder trying remove wall paper at the top of the 10' walls around the big tub. I had the ladder leaning against the wall, I was right up by the ceiling and was reaching over messing with the wallpaper. Well, I guess the ladder slipped and suddenly I was headed straight down. I grabbed for anything and pulled the shower rod off the wall on my trip down. I landed right on my side on the edge of the tub. My right hip landed square on the edge of the tub. Luckily, the wife grabbed the ladder before it landed on top of me. I hurt so much, I thought I'd broken something, but I guess not. I spent about 10 minutes lying on the floor and eventually got to my feet. I'll have a huge bruise on my hip tomorrow, but I dodged a big one. I didn't even crack the fiberglass tub.

The bad news is, I've got to climb back up there and get that wallpaper off. I'm not looking forward to that again. Ah, the joys of home ownership.

S/V Laura Ellen
03-09-2008, 01:52 PM
... I'll have a huge bruise on my hip tomorrow, but I dodged a big one. I didn't even crack the fiberglass tub.

Still limping after 11+ months.
It pays to be careful (and then some).

boylesboats
03-09-2008, 11:15 PM
It soooo good to hear from ya mate....
I am glad to hear that you are up and at it... without cuttng any of yer limb off..
Sound great re-freshing walls with coats of new color... It's good for you, so now you'll feel that you got new home..

paladin
03-09-2008, 11:22 PM
I cheated...I called Home Despot yesterday about completely redoing one bathroom...got to make the place look purty...then to Annapolis to look at some places there.....but I do make the move, I'm getting the place fixed the way I want before moving in....

Nanoose
03-10-2008, 12:24 AM
That's the way, Shane! Excellent! A little dab a color to help pick things up....

...any word back on the roses?

The bad news is, I've got to climb back up there and get that wallpaper off. I'm not looking forward to that again. Ah, the joys of home ownership.

Does it work to put the ladder IN the tub - to help brace it and keep it from falling?

Wild Dingo
03-10-2008, 03:11 AM
That's the way, Shane! Excellent! A little dab a color to help pick things up....

...any word back on the roses?

Nan the color is what I needed some brightness some energetic workouts and I almost feel a new man... goin in to the local Subaru dealership on Wednesday to pick up my "new to me" 2002 70K on the clock gt turbo Forester :cool:

THEN I will feel good!! ;)

The roses... yep she got them sent a text message saying "roses arrived theyre BEAUTIFULL" and have waited till about half an hour ago to see her again... man shes stunning! every damned time she buggars of she comes back healthier and fitter... had a short chat as she picked up the nippers and have set a date for a chat and lunch tomorrow... hopefully I can then tell her that I finally KNOW why she did what she did and since she still has another 5 and a half months of her lease to run we will use that time to sort the ourselves out... who knows?!! not setting meself up for a fall but if we talk over the next week or so theres a chance for a second chance then by crikey Im taking that chance!

At least today she aknowledged that it was both of us and not just me... and I showed her a couple of text messages Jac had sent me that turned me into a right royal raving lunatic and she aknowledged that shes been getting messages like that for a long time and knows she has to stop it happening... so seems were both FINALLY working in the same direction without really knowing it :cool: But we will talk tomorrow and see whats what.

Roses are amazing flowers arent they?... a dozen long stemmed roses sent directly to her in another country and then another in her home when she got back along with a vase of lilliums and several others I have no idea what theyre called but they sure looked great... and scents!!! WHOOOOOOOOOEEEE!! :D I also made a basket of things she likes lavender bath gear chocolates and crystal figurines then in her bedroom on her bed a new sarong in her favorite blue and a couple of nice collared t shirts and a new pink hat for gardening... a nice wee statuette of a couple of lovebird elephants and of course more flowers... and a "pamper tin" a money box that I intend regarless of anything to make sure I tip a 50 in every week and when she feels the need for a spa or a special treat just for herself she can just take whats in there and goes and does it... oh and I did her shopping for her fridge was chockers!! ;)

she reckoned I didnt have to do all that I did... but well... I did... I couldnt tell her anything for the last 8 days so I told her in the only way possible a few nice surprises on her arrival "home"... made her day I think although she was a bit tuckered out from the trip and the long drive home... tomorrows a new day! :cool: Thanks for asking!!

Shane

Katherine
03-10-2008, 11:36 AM
Paul and I looked at a house this weekend. We were discussing things to do to it. I told him he could state his opinion on decorating the home, but that it would be quickly over ridden.:D

Wild Dingo
03-11-2008, 11:22 AM
Paul and I looked at a house this weekend. We were discussing things to do to it. I told him he could state his opinion on decorating the home, but that it would be quickly over ridden.:D

At least you showed some interest Kat... Jo took one look huffed and said "you havent done the floors" Tiff asked what she thought of the paint curtains and look of it with the finishing touches "yeah whatever" was her response... somehow I think shes not interested eh? :rolleyes:

BUT!! no wukkers at the end of the day I should have a bloody nice house to live in :cool: ... either that or the sale price will get a boost :rolleyes:

Katherine
03-11-2008, 11:25 AM
Showed some interest? You should have seen Paul's face when I pointed out which one of the spare bedrooms would do for the baby's room.:eek::D (and no, I'm not pregnant, just thinking ahead.;))

Canoez
03-11-2008, 11:53 AM
How long did it take Paul to remember to breathe?