PDA

View Full Version : Devastating news re KATE - Woe is me

Rum_Pirate
03-06-2008, 11:42 PM
“KATE” is definitely for sale.

http://www.1906-twelvemetre.com/#12Metre

“KATE” is For Sale

“Kate” is a First Rule (1907) International Twelve Metre.

LOA 23.75 metres (tip of bowsprit to boom end).
LOD 18.40 metres.
LWL 12.00 metres.
Beam 3.45 metres.
Draft 2.30 metres.
Displacement 20 tonnes.
Sail area 250 square metres

Frames are laminated mahogany as is the centerline structure. Planking, screwed and glued to the frames is 35 mm Oregon pine, a 2mm veneer of Okoume covers the interior planking. Deck beams are laminated Oregon pine. Decks are two layers of 10mm Bruynzeel ply with a laid deck of Oregon pine of 4mm glued over. The spars are Sitka spruce, made hollow. Sails are cream Dacron by Gowen of West Mersea. The keel of 11.5 tonnes is lead with 18 bronze keel bolts. Rigging is by Spencer of Cowes using Sta-Lok terminals and rigging screws. Ten bronze, Meissner, self tailing winches handle halyards, runners and sheets. Bronze and steel hardware is by Classic Marine in Woodbridge.

There is no engine, no tanks and apart from a masthead tricolour, no electrics. Handheld GPS and VHF are on board. The boat is a symphony in simplicity.

Accommodation is traditional with two quarter berths aft, chart table on starboard, galley top on port, settee berths and pilot berths port and starboard in the saloon, marine head on starboard and vanity opposite on port by the mast with a double cabin forward. The anchor locker and stowage is forward of a watertight bulkhead. A small lazarette is between two watertight bulkheads aft of the tiller.

Oh dear what will I do?

Actually Kate was always for sale, this is merely a formal notification.

PS If there are any parties on this forum that are interested in purchasing Kate please contact me.

PPS anyone got a few hundred thou (US$) that they could donate this way?

elf
03-06-2008, 11:44 PM
She's supposed to go to Kieler Woche. Does this mean she might not?

Rum_Pirate
03-06-2008, 11:49 PM
Where did you get that news?

elf
03-07-2008, 12:05 AM
From The Daily Sail, no from BYM.

http://www.bymnews.com/news/newsDetails.php?id=23499