PDA

View Full Version : When you think TN you need to think Basketball

cs
02-27-2008, 09:43 PM
and it doesn't just mean Pat Summit anymore.

Although next week it will change, this week you have 3 teams from TN in the top 20.

#1 TN Vols
#2 Memphis
#18 Vandy

Even though Vandy beat TN last night, we have some good men's basketball here in TN.

Also note that the Lady Vols are #3.

Chad

Paul Pless
02-27-2008, 09:46 PM
I agree Chad...

but in the SEC, there ain't really nothing worse than being called a basketball school.:p

Beowolf
02-27-2008, 09:50 PM
Indeed that is the case. Unfortunately, my beloved green and white took their typical midseason stumble that will most likely cost them a #2 or perhaps even a #3 seed in the brackets.

Although they appear to have put that behind them with consecutive wins that included a total of only 12 turnovers for the two of them. And let's face it, no one's a better coach in March than Tom Izzo.

And once again I find a great deal of promise in the freshman and sophomores on the squad. They will be an even better team next year.

Jeff

JBreeze
02-27-2008, 09:52 PM
Is Austin Peay going to make it to the dance as well?

cs
02-27-2008, 09:53 PM
Jeff didn't you say that last year? ;)

And Paul this is indeed an alarming trend. First we had those hated Gators takeing the National Championship 2 years running and now it appears that as far as TN is concerned they are swapping places with Kentucky in basketball. What is the world coming too? :D

March madness just around the corner.

Chad

hokiefan
02-27-2008, 09:55 PM
Its been a surprising year for my Hokies. Picked at the bottom of the ACC due to three key senior starters graduating, plus some other contributors, they now find themselves alone in 4th place. Not bad for a team that gets ~60% of their minutes from freshman. We lose two seniors this year, one a starter, the other a walk-on. Bodes well for the future. Not bad for a football school.

Cheers,

Bobby

Beowolf
02-27-2008, 09:55 PM
Yes I did. (And yes, we are...See you in the Final Four!)

:D:D:D:D:D

I love it. Even the smiley's are green! :D

cs
02-27-2008, 09:57 PM
Make a deal with you. During the "madness" I will wear your Mich State Jersey with my TN hat, just so long as you return the favor. Of course if we meet somewhere in there I can't do that.

Chad

Beowolf
02-27-2008, 10:03 PM
Boy oh boy, you sound like you're running for office or something! (I'll do such-n-such, unless of course...)

Besides, I thought that Fred commandeered the MSU jersey!

I have a feeling that one of us could be buying a hat before this is done.

I doubt there's enough people still on the Forum who remember the "reverse gambling" arrangements

cs
02-27-2008, 10:08 PM
Now that she is a teenage who has in high school and can drive a car, she doesn't wear my T shirts as PJ's anymore. She has move up to the more girly type stuff.

I was just sitting here thinking that while you have a TN Hat and a Falcons Jersey and I've got a Mich State hat and Jersey that you don't have a Vol Jersey nor do I have a Lions jersey.

Chad

bamamick
02-27-2008, 11:14 PM
I can only think of one more color combination that would be more nauseating than Tinnersee orange and Sparty green, and that would be anyone trying to wear that glorious shade of crimson that I love so well with anything orange. Egad!

As far as the Vols go, I knew that Memorial Gym would get them. It gets everyone. I am pretty sure that the Tide has won maybe once in my lifetime in Nashville. I HATE that place. It was almost preordained. I had friends saying the second that Tennessee beat Memphis that they would lose it in Nashville. But you are right, Chad. It has been one heck of a year for basketball in your state.

Mickey Lake

cs
02-28-2008, 07:41 AM
Our next game is Sunday, High Noon in Knoxville, when the Wildcats come to town. Maybe we can redeem ourselves after an earlier lose to Kentucky.

Chad