PDA

View Full Version : Faster and the Power of UTube

Lew Barrett
02-15-2008, 10:38 AM
Back in August of '06 I put up a video that a friend sent me. I did it expressly for the benefit of this board since there are a number of motorcycle enthusiasts here. Yesterday I got an email from UTube saying another comment had been logged under the clip. I went over to see it and to my great surprise noticed that the clip had generated 13000 hits, been "favorited" 17 times and had a string of comments, all pleasant enough. This thing is pirated from somewhere; I take no credit for it.
Whatever. Here again for the edification of the speed freaks on the board is Faster, one of the great motorcycle shorts of all time. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmkffAx62ZE

Michael s/v Sannyasin
02-15-2008, 11:04 AM
very good Lew, thanks! Gotta love those fender cams.

Lew Barrett
02-15-2008, 11:19 AM
Irony. I'm delivering my Aprilia to it's new home tomorrow. I haven't been riding it. I'm too old for this stuff! I'll miss it, but more the idea of it than the fact of it. Too much for me. I can't begin to imagine riding the "even-faster" stuff on the road anymore.

LeeG
02-15-2008, 11:25 AM
insane,,,there's a turn on highway 1 south of Elk that I took leaned over like that on a bicycle.

I can't watch that stuff. Honestly it's scares the crap out of me.

capt jake
02-15-2008, 11:25 AM
It just generated another hit. :) I also sent it to a friend of mine into motorcycles. :)

mmd
02-15-2008, 11:37 AM
Thanks for the video link - love that kind of stuff. I like driving motorcycles fast, but have never had the courage and/or skill to be able to slide a bike through a corner. My reflexes and balance aren't now, nor ever were, good enough to play that close to the edge of disaster. But it is fun to watch others who can do it, do it.