PDA

View Full Version : Can House D's derail lawless taps?

Ian McColgin
02-15-2008, 07:05 AM
The Administration is playing chicken with House Democrats as the Senate has already caved on extending the wiretap law that expires tomorrow. Bush is trying whip up hysteria that without this law we are defenseless.

Letting the law die is just fine. The Administration can get any legitimate taps needed by using the FISA courts. Telecommunications companies are still obliged to cooperate when there’s proper certification of the taps legitimacy. There’s even in the existing FISA provision for “fleeting targets.”

The only things this law ever did were to legalize otherwise lawless and unnecessary taps and to immunize the telecommunications companies from knowingly joining the Administration in violating federal law.

Nope, there’s two other things the temporary law does:

Provides the base for data-mining to commercial and political advantage; and

Provides so much information that’s pointless from a security perspective that it sinks intelligence in a sea of meaningless fact.

Go House Dems!

Tylerdurden
02-15-2008, 08:09 AM
Just song and dance. If anyone thinks those morons really give a crap about our rights I have a bridge to sell ya.

Lot of distraction going on this month, I feel false flag coming on?

Kaa
02-15-2008, 12:54 PM
The record of Congress Dems on civil liberties hasn't been exactly stellar recently.

Kaa

Kaa
02-15-2008, 12:58 PM
And this has WHAT to do with telecom immunity?

It has to do with the chances of the House Dems suddenly trying to construct a spine for themselves.

Kaa

Gonzalo
02-15-2008, 02:14 PM
This crop of Democratic "leaders" in Congress have folded pretty much whenever the Pres. has played the "national security" card. I expect no difference this time.