PDA

View Full Version : Was Forum down again today?

Lew Barrett
02-05-2008, 04:41 PM
This is getting painful!

Kaa
02-05-2008, 04:43 PM
I think we need another website -- Woodenboatforumites Anonymous. I heard that the 12-step recovery programs ain't that bad :D

Kaa

capt jake
02-05-2008, 04:48 PM
I had the database error all day Sunday. I return today and the sever is invalid! Then, all of the sudden, poof, it's working again.

P.L.Lenihan
02-05-2008, 04:53 PM
Spent the day working on my boat and was thus saved from the turmoil that has been the case over the past several days. This thing is addictive and I'm just a pup compared to many on here. Spent years lurking,fighting the good fight and staying clean, but was caught during a weak moment,signed up and it has been down hill ever since. It also took a turn for the worse not too long ago when Dr.JimD.(yes THE JimD.) tricked me by walking me throught the photo posting process. The innocence I cherished is now forever lost :)
My sincere empathies,Mr.Barrett !

Peter

capt jake
02-05-2008, 05:00 PM
database error again....wait a while and it is back... for now. ;)

skuthorp
02-05-2008, 05:03 PM
Missing for about 10 mins here, database error. Scot has his work cut out it seems, maybe we should all send him sympathetic emails?

Gary E
02-05-2008, 05:04 PM
It was out a few mins ago...

Buddy Tabor
02-05-2008, 05:08 PM
this place sucks!

I want my money back!

John of Phoenix
02-05-2008, 05:42 PM
If anyone comes up with a gum or a patch or something like that...

JimJ
02-05-2008, 06:08 PM
I believe we get this gratis so I can put up with the downtime.

JimJ

Phillip Allen
02-05-2008, 06:11 PM
Hey! It's me! (did anyone miss me?)

htom
02-05-2008, 06:20 PM
Normally, there's a steady wind from the north-east, but it fails at times. Sometimes, too, there's a circular wind that seems to pick up a stink from somewhere, but it eventually blows away.

(I am sure that they are doing the best that they can, and that Scot and the others would rather be varnishing or planking or ... or sailing, rather than mending a database. Thanks, WoodenBoat, you are appreciated!)

Domesticated_Mr. Know It All
02-05-2008, 06:26 PM
The tide comes in and the tide goes out.
Go with the flow.

Concordia...41
02-05-2008, 08:03 PM
Save this link and when you get the "Database Error" message you can sing ... ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeo0_3gN190

That is soooooo what I was thinking Sunday :eek::eek::(:D

Seriously, in addition to the obvious point, it mentions the reverend, rapture, and several other current topics. ;)

capt jake
02-05-2008, 08:06 PM
:) :)

captainahab
02-05-2008, 08:26 PM
Hello -

This is Captain Ahab:o - I maintain the server with Scot. Yes, we had a problem on Sunday with the Forum's database exceeding something called "session limtis". We fixed that problem, and this afternoon tried another fix to improve performance. This meant that the system was again down for a few minutes. But we hope that the change we made will improve performance overall.

We appreciate your patience as we try to improve things in general.

-Captain Ahab - Little Deer Isle, ME.

capt jake
02-05-2008, 08:34 PM
Hello -

This is Captain Ahab:o - I maintain the server with Scot. Yes, we had a problem on Sunday with the Forum's database exceeding something called "session limtis". We fixed that problem, and this afternoon tried another fix to improve performance. This meant that the system was again down for a few minutes. But we hope that the change we made will improve performance overall.

Thanks for all of your assistance. :) We all appreciate it. :)

Concordia...41
02-05-2008, 08:57 PM
Hello -

Well Cool ;)

Captain Ahab can tell us who's Dutch :D

And/or the conspiracy theory folks can run amok :p

Steve Paskey
02-07-2008, 12:06 AM
You know, with a name like that I'd be worried. I can see the story line now:

"Captain Ahab, the tyrannical captain of the Phorum, is driven by a monomaniacal desire to kill Moby-Dutch, the great white phorumite who maimed Ahab during his last visit to the bilge. Ahab's obsession with Moby-Dutch ultimately dooms the crew of the Phorum, with the exception of Ishmael. During the final chase, Ahab hurls his last barbed post while yelling the now-famous revenge line:
From Little Deer Isle I stab at thee
The post becomes lodged in Moby-Dutch's hard drive and Ahab, caught in his own thread and unable to free himself, is dragged into the cold oblivion of the net, but not before Moby-Dutch destroys the server and sinks the Phorum."

elf
02-07-2008, 12:12 AM
Whoever these folks are down there in Brooklin and Deer Isle, amazing places too, they're too good to us.

How can we ever repay them!

Buddy Tabor
02-07-2008, 01:03 AM
You know, with a name like that I'd be worried. I can see the story line now:

"Captain Ahab, the tyrannical captain of the Phorum, is driven by a monomaniacal desire to kill Moby-Dutch, the great white phorumite who maimed Ahab during his last visit to the bilge. Ahab's obsession with Moby-Dutch ultimately dooms the crew of the Phorum, with the exception of Ishmael. During the final chase, Ahab hurls his last barbed post while yelling the now-famous revenge line:
From Little Deer Isle I stab at thee
The post becomes lodged in Moby-Dutch's hard drive and Ahab, caught in his own thread and unable to free himself, is dragged into the cold oblivion of the net, but not before Moby-Dutch destroys the server and sinks the Phorum."

why do I like this story so much?

Concordia...41
02-07-2008, 05:47 AM
I think the story deserves its own thread :D