PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl 42 ... good one.

Wild Wassa
02-04-2008, 03:32 AM
Could you imagine how insufferable it would have been if the Patriots had gone 19-0? It was excellent seeing the Patriots get smacked. Isn’t sport great?

NY Jets fans should have enjoyed the fitting justice that was finally dealt. The Jets were the first of this past season victims of the cheating Patriots. The cheating Patriots didn’t deserve the perfect season.

The only thing that was missing from the Super Bowl was Tom Petty not having a wardrobe malfunction otherwise the game would have had it all.

Two other critical happenings that didn’t come out of the game, were two missing vital stats. I still don’t know what Tom Brady’s favourite colour is so that I can avoid selecting it when I'm painting and was that really the 32nd warmest air temperature in Super Bowl history?

It was a fantastic Super Bowl Monday morning’s viewing here in Oz ... so was the 3/1 on offer for the Giants winning head to head on Sportsbet.

Warren.

Spin_Drift
02-04-2008, 04:24 AM
Could you imagine how insufferable it would have been if the Patriots had gone 19-0? It was excellent seeing the Patriots get smacked. Isnít sport great?

NY Jets fans should have enjoyed the fitting justice that was finally dealt. The Jets were the first of this past season victims of the cheating Patriots. The cheating Patriots didnít deserve the perfect season.

The only thing that was missing from the Super Bowl was Tom Petty not having a wardrobe malfunction otherwise the game would have had it all.

Two other critical happenings that didnít come out of the game, were two missing vital stats. I still donít know what Tom Bradyís favourite colour is so that I can avoid selecting it when I'm painting and was that really the 32nd warmest air temperature in Super Bowl history?

It was a fantastic Super Bowl Monday morningís viewing here in Oz ... so was the 3/1 on offer for the Giants winning head to head on Sportsbet.

Warren.

The Super Bowl was televised from about 01:am to about 05:30am, so I recorded it during the night :Dand Cass and I are going to watch it today. :D

We even got the traditionals like icy beer, chips :eek:etc :rolleyes: :cool:

Can hardly wait to see the game...:D

P.L.Lenihan
02-04-2008, 04:27 AM
The other side won........go easy on the chips:)

Peter

Tar Devil
02-04-2008, 05:36 AM
I had no favorites in this game. Sorta would like to have seen history made if the Pats had won, but I think much more history occured with New York's win.

Very, very happy for Eli Manning. Back to back wins for Archie's boys.

They deserved the win. Congrats to the Giants!

Edited to add: Joes' gonna be a bit hard to live with today, though! :D:D

bamamick
02-04-2008, 06:01 AM
Defense wins championships. They can give the MVP to Eli all they want but the defensive line of the Giants won that game.

NEVER let anyone tell you it can't be done. It can always be done. You just have to want it more and be willing to work harder to get it. The Giants deserved this win. They were the better team.

Mickey Lake

Vince Brennan
02-04-2008, 06:35 AM
I just tossed the sunglasses I got from my last eyedoctor appointment, else I'd have come in this AM imitating Brady trying to find room to pass AND the endzone.

Seriously, even tho' a low-scoring one, a good game and a nail-biter right down to the end.

Archie should be proud as hell, he raised two outstanding football players. In years to come, we can have one on Fox Sports, one on NBC Sports and Brady can be on HBO with the Dwarf and his cronies.

Ah, how the dynasties continue...

bamamick
02-04-2008, 06:53 AM
One thing about Eli: he was damned good at Ole Miss. For my money he was better, or maybe I should say that he was a much bigger difference maker at Ole Miss than Peyton was at Tennessee. Obviously his career probably won't be as 'big' as Peyton's even with this win in his fourth NFL season, but in college he was a more productive and important player.

Most people don't realise that Tennessee won their last national championship with Tee Martin (from my home town) playing quarterback, not Peyton. Ole Miss, on the other hand, won ten games and went to the Cotton Bowl in Eli's senior season. I think that since then the most games they have won in a year has been three.

Mickey Lake

Paul Pless
02-04-2008, 07:13 AM
Could you imagine how insufferable it would have been if the Patriots had gone 19-0? Of course to make up for it, we still have the insufferable '72 Miami Dolphins...

Very good superbowl, most enjoyable!

Ian McColgin
02-04-2008, 07:22 AM
Brilliant game by both teams, even though our guys lost.

cs
02-04-2008, 08:11 AM
Most people don't realise that Tennessee won their last national championship with Tee Martin (from my home town) playing quarterback, not Peyton.

Mickey Lake

I knew that.

Also Michael Strahan was my choice for MVP.

Chad

bamamick
02-04-2008, 08:20 AM
Well, of course YOU knew it. You're one of those misguided folks who believe that orange is actually a color that you can wear out in public. Geez.

Mickey Lake

TimH
02-04-2008, 10:55 AM
Fantastic game! I love it when the underdog comes out ahead.

The only thing missing from this years Superbowl was this:

http://ww1.prweb.com/prfiles/2006/10/04/446657/SeahawksLogoSmall.jpg

Oh well, maybe next year :-)

JBreeze
02-04-2008, 11:25 AM
Great Game!

As a NE fan, I'm disappointed in the outcome, but the Giants defense was clearly superior, and the offense got a break in the last two minutes.

That's why they play the game on the field, and not on the sports radio talk shows.:)