PDA

View Full Version : House Hunting For S/V Black Spirit

Claudia
01-28-2008, 08:43 PM
Truth of it is we are searching for a home for BS rather than David and I. Those are easy to find.
When I am searching the first thing I look for is lot size and then go to the satellite map to make sure there aren't too many trees. Then ofcourse we have to make sure there are no deed restrictions and so on. I could have sworn she smiled at me when I looked out the window yesterday.;)
I am hoping this one works out.....
Secluded, almost 2.5 acres on a private, gated driveway. It is situated only minutes from shopping, hospital and the expressway. The house is totally remodeled with inside utility room, new glass top range, freshly painted and has an enormous beautiful sundeck in the front. Master bedroom has a walk-in closet and french doors out to the backyard. No rear neighbors, ever! The 1164 sq. Ft. Workshop is newly updated with insulation, fans, fluorescent lights, 220 v power, and a newly constructed full bathroom with a/c. Shop can fit 3 cars or RV. There is an underground hurricane shelter behind workshop. Functioning lighted kennel for 12 dogs which can possibly be used for horses instead. The property has its own well with very clean water, this is a rare find

Bob (oh, THAT Bob)
01-28-2008, 08:55 PM
You're house-hunting at the right time, as long as you don't need a jumbo mortgage and you can prove that you actually do have the appropriate income, as opposed to folks that lied on their mortgage applications. You should do well.

Of course, land and a shop is good for fixing wood boats, but the goal is to have it on the water all the time, at least if it is a big keelboat. I can't recall your boat's size or state of repair.

rbgarr
01-28-2008, 10:25 PM
Sounds perfect. Just be sure the gate to the driveway is wide enough to haul BS in on the trailer! :D

Paul Girouard
01-29-2008, 12:59 AM
Sounds perfect. Just be sure the gate to the driveway is wide enough to haul BS in on the trailer! :D

Hell , gates where made to be widen, :confused: lil D-8 work and she'll be cherry :D

Memphis Mike
01-29-2008, 01:22 AM
I hope you don't have a contingency. Because you are going to be waiting long time.

S.V. Airlie
01-29-2008, 07:49 AM
Black Spirit has to be Black Spirit.. Please not BS.. We have enough of that in the bilge..

Sounds like you may have found a spot for all three of you. Good luck and hope it works out..

Michael s/v Sannyasin
01-29-2008, 12:14 PM
You didn't mention the size of your barbeque pit... think about it... semi-annual Wooden Boat work party-BBQ

Gary E
01-29-2008, 12:30 PM
Sounds real nice....

Those must have been real big dogs....

rbgarr
01-29-2008, 02:46 PM
Truth of it is we are searching for a home for BS rather than David and I.

If Claudia is happy to call the boat 'BS' who are we to complain?