PDA

View Full Version : Is Hillary making a mistake?

S.V. Airlie
01-28-2008, 07:21 AM
Again..
It appears that Hillary is going to Florida to campaign for the primary AFTER, promising with the other dems not to do so because Florida changed its primary date.No delegates will be chosen.
So, here she is promising something and then going back on her word. I sense, although obviously don't know for sure, that FL. voters are not going to look kindly on a candidate who makes a promise one minute and then turns around and breaks it the next. I think it will backfire on her big time.

Phillip Allen
01-28-2008, 07:25 AM
I feel spin approaching

Hwyl
01-28-2008, 07:47 AM
She seems to be doing little to garner the votes of the elderly privileged live aboard demographic. What a fool, to miss such a robust constituency.

cs
01-28-2008, 07:49 AM
I think they said on the news this morning that Clinton and Edwards were going to be in town today.

Chad

S.V. Airlie
01-28-2008, 07:51 AM
Which Clinton Chad?:rolleyes:

And the news this morning stated that H. Clinton was going to Fl. later today. Umm, maybe TN. is kinda on her way south...;)

cs
01-28-2008, 07:52 AM
Let me double check here, but they did talk about Hillary coming to town, just need to check the date.

Chad

cs
01-28-2008, 07:55 AM
Okay I was mistaken. Happens when you are trying to hurry up and get the kid on her way to school.

Edwards will be in Chattanooga today and Hillary will visit Nashville on Saturday.

Chad

Nicholas Scheuer
01-28-2008, 08:39 AM
Hillary's campaigning in Florida is just the sort of double- dealing that we DON'T NEED in washington.

On Meet The Press yesterday Obama reminded us that ALL Dem candidates had AGREED not to campaing in Florida. Hillary now had Michigan to her credit, and is trying for Florida.

And people actually think she should be President? People actually think Himbo will share the Oval Office with her?

Moby Nick

S.V. Airlie
01-28-2008, 08:50 AM
I am a bit confused.. Not specifically about Hillary campaigning.. That is straight forward.

I do hear that Obama is putting ads on Cable TV. in Fl. I'm not sure if that is the same.. i.e.,campaigning but not physically campaigning ( as Hillary is doing ) if you get my drift.
I suspect Hillary will use these ads as justification for her campaigning there. Will wait to see what the spin is on this.

LeeG
01-28-2008, 08:51 AM
I still don't get what she did to folks to get such a visceral reaction.

S.V. Airlie
01-28-2008, 08:54 AM
LeeG.. Nothing really specific.. Okay, I'm gonna get shot down by you know who but I'm just gonna call a gut mistrust.
If she really does go to FL. to campaign, after agreeing with the other Dem candidates not to, well, my negative gut reactions are reinforced.

S.V. Airlie
LeeG.. Nothing really specific.. Okay, I'm gonna get shot down by you know who but I'm just gonna call a gut mistrust.
If she really does go to FL. to campaign, after agreeing with the other Dem candidates not to, well, my negative gut reactions are reinforced.

S.V. Airlie

Milo Christensen
01-28-2008, 09:04 AM
. . . Hillary now had Michigan to her credit. . .

She beat "Uncommited" and will get zero Michigan "elected" delegates.

Vince Brennan
01-28-2008, 09:06 AM
Whoops! Forum has the hiccoughs again!

ljb5
01-28-2008, 10:12 AM
Technically, of course, she is not campaigning in Florida, but is appearing at a party for invited guests.

Not only that, but it doesn't really matter because Florida doesn't get any delegates in the national convention.... so who cares if she wins the state?

Frankly, I could go either way on this one. Florida is an important state and I think the people there deserve to have their voices heard both in the primaries and in the national election....

On the other hand, the Florida delegates should respect the rules and procedures of the national party....

I think the bottom line is: "No harm, no foul." It's not campaigining, and it's not worth any delegates, so who cares?

S.V. Airlie
01-28-2008, 10:14 AM
Beautiful Spin ljb5.. Just BEAUTIFUL....

Robmill0605
01-28-2008, 10:26 AM
I live in Ft Myers Fl., and I'm seeing Obama commercials.

My take on Hillary is that she stayed on the ballot in Michigan knowing that the delegates would not count. Now she is doing so again in Fl with the same knowledge that she will be un-apposed.
I think that she will then argue at the convention, and to the DNC, that those delgates should count, because otherwise "we" will be denying those states their vote.
Just another stragedy to hedge her bets withif it's close.
In other words, just more of the Clinton war room at work....

By the way, Dick Morris responded to Hillary yapping about her having 8 years of "expierence" in the White House.

His reply?

" So does the pastry chef"

Priceless.

S.V. Airlie
01-28-2008, 10:49 AM
But the pastry chef was good at his job...;);)

Robmill0605
01-28-2008, 11:06 AM
This from todays Drudge report:

"I will try to persuade my delegates to seat the delegates from Michigan and Florida," said Clinton. "Democrats have to win Michigan and have to try to win Florida and I intend to do that. The people of Florida deserve to be represented in the process of picking a candidate for president of the United States." Michigan also violated party rules by moving its primary to Jan. 15, and party leaders voted to strip the state of its 156 delegates as punishment.

Just like I thought......

CGrant
01-28-2008, 08:46 PM
Again..
It appears that Hillary is going to Florida to campaign for the primary AFTER, promising with the other dems not to do so because Florida changed its primary date.No delegates will be chosen.
So, here she is promising something and then going back on her word. I sense, although obviously don't know for sure, that FL. voters are not going to look kindly on a candidate who makes a promise one minute and then turns around and breaks it the next. I think it will backfire on her big time.

No, whatever gave you that idea? Hillary, not being "true" to her "word?" My goodness, who'd have thought it? Sheesh!

Bob (oh, THAT Bob)
01-28-2008, 09:00 PM
She seems to be doing little to garner the votes of the elderly privileged live aboard demographic. What a fool, to miss such a robust constituency.

LMAO!:D

Tough demographic; the rugged individualist, who is also retired and wants free health care.

Bob Smalser
01-28-2008, 09:03 PM
Beautiful Spin ljb5.. Just BEAUTIFUL....

Another 15 bucks from the DNC. ;) Or is it 20 now?

S.V. Airlie
01-29-2008, 07:04 AM
LMAO!:D

Tough demographic; the rugged individualist, who is also retired and wants free health care.

I pay my own health insurance. Don't expect everyone else to.