PDA

View Full Version : Snow Move

Joe (SoCal)
01-17-2008, 08:32 PM
Helped a buddy move. Had to come up with an inventive way to move the heavy sleeper sofa :D

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m320/fosterhere/photo-67.jpg

Bob (oh, THAT Bob)
01-17-2008, 08:37 PM
Wow, snow. Almost forgotten what it looks like, at least a dense covering and not just a sprinkling that soon melts. I miss the sound of walking in it, *scronch-scronch-scronch-scronch*. And how road noise disappears when you drive from pavement onto snow.

*scronch is an onomatopoeia, a word that imitates the sound it is describing. It pays to increase your word power. :D

ishmael
01-17-2008, 09:05 PM
Tryin' to come to terms with snow this winter. We had a pretty good melt a week ago, but it came right back. The plow guy is scratching his head over where to put it.

The sofa pic reminds me of ingenuity. I lived in off campus housing my senior year. I had a housemate who'd found this house, and we signed a lease for the school term. He'd also found a couch for the living room. Ya know, thirty bucks at a yard sale. but nice enough.

It was a two bedroom up, with a narrow staircase and landing at the top of the stairs. Moving day we had enough muscle, got that couch up to the landing, but could not make it go through the door into the living room. We tried everything, you know how moving furniture can be. It was not going through that doorway. So, we're standing around breathing hard, scratching our asses, when one of the guys we knew downstairs said, "Hey, I'll be right back." He came back with a chain saw and after brief consultation fired it up. Once the couch had a hinge it went through the doorway just fine. Not much functional damage, a couple cinder blocks were needed.

Ah college.

Michael s/v Sannyasin
01-18-2008, 11:27 AM
That lead sled should be pulled by Lucky Dog... what were you thinkin'?

Paul Pless
01-18-2008, 11:39 AM
I find snow, and by extension, ice to be an overrated commodity.