Thought crawdadd...'s thread was about this?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • S.V. Airlie
    Ancient Mariner
    • Dec 2006

Thought crawdadd...'s thread was about this?

Last night I was chatting with Dutcha before heading back to Airlie. Obviously politics came up and as her nickname implies,she is Dutch by birth. She had also just returned from visiting relatives in Holland. I asked her if she had discussed US politics with her family. She said no but the papers were full of Obama ( mentioned specifically ) and the others I suspect.
    So, those from across the various ponds, what is your media saying about our candidates. What opinions, letters to the editor, etc. have been written?

Yes, some major papers are on line and can be googled. I'm more interested in the regional papers.

ps. I remember that the presidential race, when I was working in the UK was Reagan's first successful one. One entire week before that particular election, British TV ran alll of the chimp/Reagan movies in existence. This gave me a good understanding of what the Brits thought of Reagan.
    Last edited by S.V. Airlie; 01-09-2008, 07:07 AM.
  • Paul Pless
    pinko commie tree hugger
    • Oct 2003

Re: Thought crawdadd...'s thread was about this?

Originally posted by S.V. Airlie
    Last night I was chatting with Dutcha...
    Didja hit her up with the line, "Would you like to join me aboard my yacht for cocktails?"
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Comment

• S.V. Airlie
      Ancient Mariner
      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Paul Pless
      Didja hit her up with the line, "Would you like to join me aboard my yacht for cocktails?"
      Be nice. She owns the boatyard!

Comment

• Paul Pless
        pinko commie tree hugger
        • Oct 2003

Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Comment

Working...