PDA

View Full Version : Why did I spent 85k to suport Ron Paul?

Tylerdurden
12-23-2007, 09:51 AM
http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/LLLetterNYT.pdf

S.V. Airlie
12-23-2007, 09:55 AM
I have no idea who the author of this letter is..Never heard of him.
I would think Ron Paul would have been happier with a monetary contribution other than a full page ad though.
Gotta keep that chartered Jet flying.:eek::rolleyes::rolleyes:

puffin3
12-23-2007, 10:06 AM
The explaination to why anyone would support Paul is simple: Paul is a closet neo Nazi/racist. His supporters will vote for him because they believe in the same things. Goggle up 'Stormfront' and scroll to the bottom of their web page. They have a banner saying "Support Ron Paul". That is all the explanation anyone needs.

S.V. Airlie
12-23-2007, 10:08 AM
I read in the article that he has delivered 4,000 babies.
I wonder if they are old enough to vote and make up that 3% who support him?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Wild Wassa
12-23-2007, 10:08 AM
"Nevertheless, the America that
I grew up in did not believe in
an eye for an eye, or retribution."

The whole US psyche is based on retribution. That is what the US is all about ... retribution.

Unless he means "America," like being down in Patagonia or somewhere.

Warren.

Hot Air
12-23-2007, 10:25 AM
What keeps Wassa on an even keel? The chip he wears on both shoulders.

Larry P.
12-23-2007, 12:20 PM
He really is a nasty little piss-ant isn't he.

Greg P H
12-23-2007, 12:53 PM
The US Is about retribution. The predominant controlling culture is an insecure, fearful one of greed, victims and blame, which denies responsibility for it's actions at every turn like a spoiled 13 year old boy. And Bush is a perfect reflection of it...

But there is always hope......

Ron Paul aint it though

LeeG
12-23-2007, 02:19 PM
beauty and the beast. The news is about princesses on tv and terrorists out there.

If Ron Paul can tap into the beauty and the beast business he'll get more votes.

elf
12-23-2007, 02:49 PM
Interesting ad that. All about the waste that the warmongering is.

Nothing about all his other ideas.

Doesn't seem quite honest, somehow.

BETTY-B
12-23-2007, 04:44 PM
The US Is about retribution. The predominant controlling culture is an insecure, fearful one of greed, victims and blame, which denies responsibility for it's actions at every turn like a spoiled 13 year old boy. And Bush is a perfect reflection of it...

But there is always hope......

Unfortunatly, we(United States of Americans) all are guilty of being in that mirror.

I'm about out of hope. The 2004 Elections proved it. It will not, it can not, change the way it is. Not with corporate dough so far into both party's pockets. Do I believe that most Democratic politicians get into politics to do good? Sure. But getting elected president without smoking EXXON's pole aint gonna happen in this day and age.

Until people realize that full tilt, no restriction capitalism destroys a true democracy as well as other nations and cultures, we are going to lose more and more rights as well as memories of having them. I mean defense contractors share the same parent companies as national news networks! Why would a business shoot it's own foot off?

Excess money and power breeds more excess money and power. There is no way to get more money and power unless you take it from someone else. National and international.

Wow. What a rant. Sorry about the thread drift. No, I wont be giving dough to Ron. I cant barly bring myself to vote for a contemporary Democrat let alone anyone claiming to be from the GOP. Whatever their message is, if they dont want to accept where their party has gone, they are incompetent. There is no bringing back that party. GOPF. Grand ol' Party of Fascisimo

KUCINICH '08

PeterSibley
12-23-2007, 04:46 PM
We will get you for that Warren ...

;)
:D:D

Tylerdurden
12-23-2007, 05:16 PM
The explaination to why anyone would support Paul is simple: Paul is a closet neo Nazi/racist. His supporters will vote for him because they believe in the same things. Goggle up 'Stormfront' and scroll to the bottom of their web page. They have a banner saying "Support Ron Paul". That is all the explanation anyone needs.

You didn't have anything to say when I posted the Video of militant jews calling for his and his supporters assassination?
"All Ron Paul supporters should be taken out and shot"
He said it several times, over and over. That was ok though?
Not one thing to say?
Paul has disavowed any connection to the man and the website, in fact he said he will keep their money because it is lees for them to spread hate.

Such a tool.

Tylerdurden
12-23-2007, 05:20 PM
I read in the article that he has delivered 4,000 babies.
I wonder if they are old enough to vote and make up that 3% who support him?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Jamie, what are you stressing? Is the boat to cramped and your afraid your investments will lose money?
Dude for those less fortunate he offers hope.
I can see some here posting that drivel because its in their interest for things to stay the same. Are you with the vampires?

Vince Brennan
12-23-2007, 05:27 PM
I made it a point to watch Ron Paul on Russert's show this AM and I gotta tell ya... I wasn't real impressed.

I'd hoped to find that Mark's "Knight in Shining Armor" was a real thing... but all I head was the same slip-slidey skirting of the questions that you can get from any of them.

Big on philosophy ("I'm running as a Republican 'cause I'm representative of Republicans as they used to be..." Yeah, when? Grant's Republicans?), very short on concrete proposals.

Don't think yer boy really lit anyone up today.

Tylerdurden
12-23-2007, 05:40 PM
Vince, having met the man I can tell you he is not an orator like Regan.
His thing is the document and sticking to it. I think he did Ok at the start with the IRS and foreign aid. He got a lot of sliders from that point on and not much room to elaborate.
I never said he is the savior, just the only one with the message.
He did trip up Rusert on the Amendments though. Only problem is most people haven't a clue what he is talking about.
Thats why I support Ron Paul, so maybe people will not be such stupid slaves in the future. Its good when someone points out that once upon a time we really had rights.

BETTY-B
12-23-2007, 06:08 PM
From Ron Pauls website:
"While serving in Congress during the late 1970s and early 1980s, Dr. Paul’s limited-government ideals were not popular in Washington. In 1976, he was one of only four Republican congressmen to endorse Ronald Reagan for president. "
Ronald Reagan was fully in the pocket of the World Bank and IMF as well as the rest of the major corporatoracy out there. To support that is to support poverty and overall human deprivation worldwide. Greed is indeed a killer of the supposed "freedom" in which Ron Paul wants so much for everyone to understand.

DAN

Tylerdurden
12-23-2007, 06:28 PM
From Ron Pauls website:
"While serving in Congress during the late 1970s and early 1980s, Dr. Paulís limited-government ideals were not popular in Washington. In 1976, he was one of only four Republican congressmen to endorse Ronald Reagan for president. "
Ronald Reagan was fully in the pocket of the World Bank and IMF as well as the rest of the major corporatoracy out there. To support that is to support poverty and overall human deprivation worldwide. Greed is indeed a killer of the supposed "freedom" in which Ron Paul wants so much for everyone to understand.

DAN

You are correct on part one, he did endorse Regan In 76, but afterwards changed his views. He broke with Reagan on foreign entanglements and Regan deciding to only curb spending by rate of increase. Need to do a little more research on that yours is only half the story.

BETTY-B
12-23-2007, 08:26 PM
You are correct on part one, he did endorse Regan In 76, but afterwards changed his views. He broke with Reagan on foreign entanglements and Regan deciding to only curb spending by rate of increase. Need to do a little more research on that yours is only half the story.

Fair enough. Will do.
I appreciate the fact that you do your research as well. It is obvious that you go way beyond the front page. Too bad the rest of the sheep dont dig even just a little.
But as for Ron Paul, there is no way I can ever even consider voting for anyone from that party ever again. Especially one who uses Reagan as a reason for my vote to be his. He is simply confused if he thinks the party will come to his way of thinking. If it is actually different than the rest of the entire GOP. Of F...

Kucinich is the real deal.
http://www.dennis4president.com/

DAN

Tylerdurden
12-24-2007, 06:36 AM
Thanks Dan, I have articulated my reasons for supporting Ron Paul and they are not the reasons others would attribute to me.
I always said choice two is Kucinich.
I believe the IRS and the Privatively owned Federal Reserve need to go to break the cycle of corporate fascism and return the power of the markets back to the people.
I believe we need all of out troops home and stop being the corporate police in the world.
I believe we need to restore the constitution and hold lawmakers to that construct.
Beyond that I would like to see no one go without health care.
The elderly ,infirm and those unable to care for themselves should be able to live comfortably without fear of being put on the streets.
Education should be free or so affordable a kid can work part time and still go to university.
I think our official secrets act should be repealed and citizens commissions should declassify everything that can be. You want to stop conspiracy theory's? Lets have transparency.
And last but not least, Municipal Moorings in every port, http://www.woodenboatvb.com/vbulletin/upload/images/icons/icon10.gif

See I am not the bad guy, I just think Pauls support raises issues that need to be discussed. Even if elected we would not see a return to Dickens , but major thinking in the way we do business would change and I see no harm in that.
I am just another one who wants to flip our system on its arse and see what falls out.

Tylerdurden
12-24-2007, 07:08 AM

puffin3 (http://www.woodenboatvb.com/vbulletin/upload/member.php?u=15813) http://www.woodenboatvb.com/vbulletin/upload/images/statusicon/user_offline.gif vbmenu_register("postmenu_1722049", true);

http://www.woodenboatvb.com/vbulletin/upload/images/icons/icon1.gif Cynthias Back
That's right Cynthia McKinney has announced she's running for President for the Green Party. Maybe she'll pull a Nadar and calf off just enough votes to lose the LIBs another election. If that happens I suggest she hires herself a 'food-taster' for the rest of her life and moves to N'Djamena. Then again the election could come down to just her and Paul.

Tylerdurden
12-24-2007, 07:09 AM
I am starting to wonder if the racists here are worse?
At least you know what you are getting when you go to stormfront.

S.V. Airlie
12-24-2007, 07:23 AM
Jamie, what are you stressing? Is the boat to cramped and your afraid your investments will lose money?
Dude for those less fortunate he offers hope.
I can see some here posting that drivel because its in their interest for things to stay the same. Are you with the vampires?

No Tyler. I just can't see anything about him to be excited about. Also true for the others running.
Anyone I would like to see running is too smart to do so.

Tylerdurden
12-24-2007, 07:27 AM
No Tyler. I just can't see anything about himto be excited about. Also true for the others running.
Anyone I would like to see running is too smart to do so.

I can respect that.

High C
12-24-2007, 09:04 AM
I am starting to wonder if the racists here are worse?....

Racists? So a black female is beyond criticism because she's a black female? She' exempt? You sound like one of those transparent poverty pimps who takes advantage of minorities for personal gain, like Sharpton, Jackson, et al. In fact, McKinney IS one of those poverty pimps, a certifiable nut who has made a career out of fomenting discord between the races.

Posting pics of a black woman who is running for President is racist? Tossing around false claims of racism is one of the lowest, slimiest things anyone can do. Go back to your trough.