PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas to all.

Stiletto
12-22-2007, 05:46 PM
http://www.lynnesart.co.nz/images/pohutukawa_walkway.jpg

George Jung
12-22-2007, 06:42 PM
Thanks; and Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Three panel card? That a painting of yours? Nice.

Wild Wassa
12-22-2007, 08:02 PM
Merry Christmas to you Stiletto.

... and we need the drum on your painting, you Colourist.

Warren.

glenallen
12-22-2007, 11:44 PM
Merry Christmas to you!
Thanks for the colors and the water and no damn wind.
I know, I know sailors Need wind, but we measly paddlers Do Not Need Wind.
If you could show me a dark-skinned woman lying in a hammock strung up between two of those colorful shrubs and sipping a Margarita I'd be right there by morning. My best wishes to you!

Stiletto
12-23-2007, 03:32 PM
I lifted it from here: www.lynnesart.co.nz/recent.html (http://www.lynnesart.co.nz/recent.html)

Lynne Sinclair Taylor is the artist.

I chose it because it really evokes the feeling of summer in NZ, and the red flowers are Pohutukawas in bloom, Pohutukawas are also known as the NZ Christmas tree because that is when they bloom.
The largest in NZ has a spread of 38.4 metres.

J. Dillon
12-23-2007, 03:41 PM
Same to you Grant. Would you be any where near Pahia ?

Got a yarn coming up next year and the R Tucker Thompson.

JD

John B
12-23-2007, 04:06 PM
merry Christmas Grant.
are the pohutukawas out up North? They're a mixed batch down here but there's some good ones this year. Ours was just starting a couple of days ago when I headed here to Nelson.

Thanks for the pm JD, (your inbox was full and my reply was stopped.) I'll be at Pahia at some stage through the next month.;)

Hughman
12-23-2007, 05:09 PM
Merry Christmas to you too. Freezing rain, here, and you standing around in shorts! Wheesht! You'll catch cold! :D

Stiletto
12-23-2007, 05:53 PM
John, The pohutukawas are out, although as usual they all seem to have slightly different times for max blooming, even two trees beside each other seem to have different timing. I wonder what the trigger is.

JD, I am about an hour and a half by road away from Paihia.

Hughman, In honour of the temperatures you are having, I will drink an ice cold toast to you when I open the first beer of the day.:D

Duncan Gibbs
12-23-2007, 06:13 PM
Merry Merry! Happy Happy! Joy'n'no-well, that sorta stuff to all you on the other side of the ditch. Hope that those in Gisborne are gunna have a good one too! And no more shakey shakes either!! If all else fails just keep drinkin!! :D:D

Merry Christmas to all you sheepchuckers!! Happy holiday sailing!!

paladin
12-23-2007, 08:12 PM
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all you nice folks in Oz and NZ......some of my happiest times were there.....Nice places...Melbourne, Tasmania, Brown's Bay.......

PeterSibley
12-24-2007, 04:05 AM
Pohutukawas !! That's cruel ,talk about reminding a bloke of his childhood ! I was kidnapped to Oz at age 12 ...not fair ! There used to be a huge pohutukawa outside my uncle's house at Takapuna ,fond memories .

Merry Christmas to all the Kiwis .....have a great Christmas ...enjoy !:):)

The Bigfella
12-24-2007, 06:23 AM
Yep - I remember the Pohutakawas. There was a nice hotel in Wellington with some out the front and we had some nice ones down the beach at Mellons Bay when we lived there for a couple of years/

...... and its already Christmas Day in N Zeddie.

MERRY CHRISTMAS