PDA

View Full Version : Ester's Fund....

paladin
12-21-2007, 03:30 PM
Some time ago I mentioned the formation of Ester's fund. It is now, thanks to another forumite, a legitemate 501(C)3 corporation for educational purposes.
It was initiated to provide educational benefits to a young lady, an orphan, in Uganda. If we can keep the operation going it is intended to benefit others as well.
Several folks expressed an interest in donating to the cause. Those desiring to do so will receive a certificate for tax purposes for their donation.
Donations (and we need a lot of small ones, or a few really big ones) may be sent directly to Gareth Hughes (HWYL) and I hope he pops in and posts the proper mailing address.....or sent in care of me, and I will package them up and make the notes and forward to Gareth.....Alternately, send to care of Amanda Harrow, and she will post them to the bank and make sure that Gareth has the info for the tax certificate....
Sometime after the first of the year I will be posting an ad in WB Magazine for the sale of cookbooks, tentatively titled "Cap'n Chucks Grub and Grog", about 300 favored recipes from all over, 3 ring binder format so that it will open flat approximately 7 inches x 9 1/4 inches with other stuff in it. One hundred percent of the proceeds will go to Ester's fund. I envision a donation of $65 to include shipping to anywhere in the U.S., pays for the printing/publication except for all the setup etc charges which I will pay. Anyone wanting to donate and receive a cookbook can send the check wth full name an address to any of the aforementioned persons. Book will be shipped as soon as it comes off the press, estimated by the printer to be in 12-16 weeks....the proofing and other necessities are almost complete.....
This is an all volunteer effort and no one makes a nickle...except the recipient.....and the school year is about to start.....
Your assistance is appreciated......

Bruce Hooke
12-21-2007, 05:42 PM
Well done to all involved!

paladin
12-21-2007, 07:21 PM
Nope...T'ain't no joke.......

PeterSibley
12-21-2007, 09:39 PM
Sounds good Chuck..........

JTA
01-11-2008, 11:07 AM
Somehow missed this one. Chuck, would you consider setting up a paypal account to receive donations?

jack

paladin
01-11-2008, 11:19 AM
If I can figger all that stuff out....I need to speak to the other participants...I try to let the money handling be done elsewhere...

John of Phoenix
01-11-2008, 11:24 AM
Hmmm 12/21, no wonder I missed this. I take it you're still accepting donations?

JTA
01-11-2008, 11:25 AM
No big deal, I can do a check. Have someone PM me the details

Jack

Hwyl
01-11-2008, 11:35 AM
Make checks payable to Friends International and sent to me

Gareth Hughes
33 Preble Street
Wells
Maine

Make sure you include an address that I can send a tax receipt to.
Friends international passes a 100% of the funds back to Esters fund.

paladin
01-11-2008, 12:30 PM
Thank you, Gareth.....

John of Phoenix
04-01-2008, 11:38 AM
Bump. For anyone else who's been looking for this thread.

You're still accepting donations I assume.

paladin
04-01-2008, 07:42 PM
yup...always.....and some young lady or young gentleman somewhere will thank you.....to find the current recipient check with Amanda Harrow or Gareth, they're the keeper of the keys.....

Hwyl
07-12-2008, 05:46 PM
Bump