PDA

View Full Version : Jim Cantore's in the area.

Milo Christensen
12-15-2007, 09:35 PM
:eek: Ya'll know what that means. Southern Michigan is gonna get totally screwed up by heavy snow. I know a lot of other folks are having serious problems from bad weather, but we haven't had a storm dump a foot of snow around here for 33 years.

Note to Paul Pless: Cantore's broadcasting live on the Weather Channel from Big Beaver Road. :p

Paul Pless
12-16-2007, 07:34 AM
Note to Paul Pless: Cantore's broadcasting live on the Weather Channel from Big Beaver Road. :pwhere else???

btw, I'm coming up next week and I'll be expecting the snow and cold to be gone by then, okay???

Canoez
12-16-2007, 10:29 AM
Milo - what have ya got for snow finally? (Or is it still coming down?) Don't know when it started here, but we were woken by the sound of sleet like shot being thrown at the windows.

Maybe about 5-6 inches here and a steady, but fine snow falling.

Milo Christensen
12-16-2007, 12:11 PM
. . . what have ya got for snow finally? . . .

Do you know my wife? She wanted to know so I walked out to a flat spot and poked a ruler in. There's 8" on the ground. It's still snowing, but now there's more of a blowing snow element.

I just finished shoveling the drive and there's another inch where I started, but I'm going to wait for the fine blowing snow to settle down later today before I go out. Besides that, my back and one knee are hurting some.

Time to slice off a slab of fresh baked light whole wheat bread and slather on some spread and hunker down.

Wonder if the city will plow/slat our street this year? There was a half inch of ice on the shady spots up and down the road, now buried by the snow.

Canoez
12-16-2007, 12:42 PM
My SWMBO is the same. How much?:rolleyes:

8" is a pretty decent accumulation. It's been windy here too. I'm in the kitchen working up a pot of French Onion soup and the birds on the feeders that I can see out the window are having a bit of a time hanging on.

We're going to hunker down and wait for evening to clear the snow. I'm always worried when they predict sleet and freezing rain that I'll clear the snow too early and then get a nice glaze right on the ground. Much easier to get rid of if you let it fall on TOP of the snow.

Haven't seen the plows yet. Should soon, tho.