PDA

View Full Version : Just in......breaking news.....

paladin
12-04-2007, 02:44 PM
Schedule of 2008 Democratic National Convention Events:

7:00 pm ~ OPENING FLAG BURNING.
7:15 pm ~PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE U. N.
7:20 pm ~TED KENNEDY PROPOSES A TOAST.
7:25 pm ~ NONRELIGIOUS PRAYER AND WORSHIP - Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton
7:45 pm ~ CEREMONIAL TREE HUGGING - Darryl Hannah
7:55 pm ~ TED KENNEDY PROPOSES A TOAST.
8:00 pm ~ HOW I INVENTED THE INTERNET - Al Gore
8:15 pm ~ GAY WEDDING PLANNING - Rosie O'Donnell
8:35 pm ~ TED KENNEDY PROPOSES A TOAST.
8:40 pm ~ OUR TROOPS ARE WAR CRIMINALS - John Kerry
9.00 pm ~ MEMORIAL SERVICE FOR SADDAM AND HIS SONS-Cindy Sheehan and Susan Sarandon
10:00 pm ~ 'ANSWERING MACHINE ETIQUETTE' - Alec Baldwin
11:00 pm ~ TED KENNEDY PROPOSES A TOAST.
11:05 pm ~ COLLECTION FOR THE OSAMA BIN LADEN KIDNEY TRANSPLANT FUND - Barbara Streisand
11:15 pm ~ FREE THE FREEDOM FIGHTERS FROM GUANTANAMO BAY - Sean Penn
11:30 pm ~ OVAL OFFICE AFFAIRS - William Jefferson Clinton
11:45 pm ~ TED KENNEDY PROPOSES A TOAST.
11:50 pm ~ HOW GEORGE BUSH BROUGHT DOWN THE WORLDTRADE TOWERS - Howard Dean
12:15 am ~ 'TRUTH IN BROADCASTING AWARD' - Presented to Dan Rather by Michael Moore
12:25 am ~TED KENNEDY PROPOSES A TOAST
12:30 am ~ SATELLITE ADDRESS - Mahmoud Ahmadinejad
12:45 am ~ NOMINATION OF HILLARY RODHAM CLINTON -Nancy Pelosi
1:00 am ~ TED KENNEDY PROPOSES A TOAST.
1:05 am ~ CORONATION OF HILLARY RODHAM CLINTON.
1:30 am ~ TED KENNEDY PROPOSES A TOAST.
1:35 am ~ BILL CLINTON ASKS TED KENNEDY TO DRIVEHILLARY HOME. :-)

Steve Paskey
12-04-2007, 03:00 PM
Reminds me of my dearly-departed dad's recipe for "Wine-Basted Turkey (and Cook)." Every third step requires the cook to drink another glass.

CK 17
12-04-2007, 03:28 PM
Yes, it tis the (election) season. :rolleyes: I think this country is in for a very big correction politically--maybe even an over correction. And who's fault will that be. . . . .

paladin
12-04-2007, 03:41 PM
Sorry Norman.....not many new jokes left.....and it's bad news around here.....took dawg for her walk, sat on the deck, and some funny white stuff floated outta the sky.....I made a decorative "EEyore" needlework patch to put on my ditty bag, hands were so cold I couldn't feel and ran the DA$% needle into my hand, daughter is mad at me because I wouldn't give her a down payment for the Porsche that she wants, oldest son is mad because I won't "volunteer" money so that he can take his lady friend to the "Bahamas, Bermuda, somewhere in the Caribbean" for Christmas so I'm getting in a "Bah, Humbug" mode......that's O.K., my dawg loves me....at least as long as I feed her.......:D

Gonzalo
12-04-2007, 03:43 PM
A very big correction is far from assured. The weakness of the Democratic candidates is frightening. The front runner is a polarizing figure with higher negatives that G.W. Bush, and the second, for all his virtues, has less experience than G.W. Bush did.

ljb5
12-04-2007, 04:02 PM
Haven't you heard, Chuck? 9/11 changed everything.

It's a new world now. All this stuff doesn't matter anymore.

We're a united country now. You're either with us or against us.

Your partisan hate-mongering only drive us apart and emboldens the enemy.

Osborne Russell
12-04-2007, 04:08 PM
Indeed, don't hold your breath waiting for a Democrat who will take on the opposition on principle. Why haven't they done it already? They don't want to replace the Chimp Squad, they want to be the Chimp Squad.

A Democrat President will wield the powers the Bush League usurped into the executive branch, and the Republicans will whine about the separation of powers, checks and balance, etc. They are without shame.

Vince Brennan
12-04-2007, 04:13 PM
As I've said (and have many others) previously, they're ALL a bunch of "Gimme, Gimme" crooks. Dem crooks, Rep crooks, it mattereth not whatsoever, they'll find a way to royally screw things up and blame it all "on the other guys" as per usual. They'll do whatever puts the most buckaroos in the pockets of their supporters and make sure that they have a nice feathery nest for themselves when they leave office, and screw everyone else.

But.... that plaint has been heard since long before the days of Nebuchadnezzar, I'm sure. Nothing changes.

Milo Christensen
12-04-2007, 07:47 PM
Ron Paul will change things.

Peter Malcolm Jardine
12-04-2007, 08:00 PM
Well it snowed here sunday and monday then turned to ice pellets and then back to snow. This week is supposed to go down to -17 for a day or so..:(

Mad Scientist
12-04-2007, 08:56 PM
My (adoptive) mother was born in Belomnt, MA, in 1924, so I guess I get to make a comment:
My fearless prediction is Hillary & Obama on the Dem ticket.
No guess for the GOP, except Dick Cheney probably won`t be up for election.