PDA

View Full Version : Bush Blames Congress for Everything

Ian McColgin
12-04-2007, 10:02 AM
Quelle surprise.

Just heard his prepared and he's now explaining why Iran is really doing what it's not doing because the pressure which is not nearly enough was effective but not working. . .

Guy's worse when we hear him than just reading it after.

Doom on us.

TimH
12-04-2007, 10:05 AM
Bush needs to go......now

Tom Montgomery
12-04-2007, 10:14 AM
The President of the United States of America has lost all credibility.

I take no pleasure in noting that fact. We are all in the same boat. A very dangerous circumstance.

Figment
12-04-2007, 11:39 AM
I'm convinced that he's intentionally trying to sound more and more like a jackass to make it easier for the field of republican candidates to "distance themselves from the administration".

LeeG
12-04-2007, 02:29 PM
it's to save the Republican candidates in '08. Distance responsibility for the war from the President and his party to Congress critters.

"where was the Congress, why didn't they stop me?"

The idea keeps poppping up from apologists for George "it wasn't just the president you know, the democrats had the same intel"

"it wasn't just the president you know, the press didn't ask the hard questions"

It's Rove working the back story,,push the blame onto Congress. Then work hard to protect each individual candidate. Voters still vote their favorite candidate but by associating the Republicans in Congress with the Democrats as having equal culpability it seperates the Republican Congressman from the president. As George leaves the country with a big stinking bucket it can be Congress's bucket, not the Republican parties bucket.

Lew Barrett
12-04-2007, 02:46 PM
He is revolting. I won't use the pun I had intended to employ following my opening gambit. It was almost impossible to stomach his stuttering, illogical responses today. I think you are correct in your assessments regarding how he is shifting blame.

BETTY-B
12-04-2007, 03:48 PM
Whatever the blather that comes out of his mouth has pretty much been laughed at for years now(or yelled at in my case). Yet he is still there. Someone was talking about the country being in the denial stage the other day on another thread. I think the denial stage was seven years ago. Now it is too late. The only chance is a miracle from within. Before he pulls the NSPD 51 option.......
DAN

skuthorp
12-04-2007, 03:58 PM
Um, you don't think it's the 'last days' scenario here do you? Thinks he's the 'chosen one' to precipitate armageddon? Or is that just another smokescreen for the ambitions of the Cheney camp?

Osborne Russell
12-04-2007, 04:01 PM
The Chimp who can paint has painted himself into a corner.

If Congress is to blame, then Congress must have a role. They can't be blamed for not exercising the powers the Chimp has usurped.

BETTY-B
12-04-2007, 05:40 PM
Um, you don't think it's the 'last days' scenario here do you? Thinks he's the 'chosen one' to precipitate armageddon? Or is that just another smokescreen for the ambitions of the Cheney camp?
Not at all. I'm saying the power of the people was gone at least seven years ago. Or it's beginings anyway. Are you saying he himself actually might think that(chosen one blah blah)? That's impossible. He isnt religious. Unless he really believes that 600,000 Iraqis are not human beings. And that American stem cells are....

Bush jr. will have one hell of a inheritence. I bet he gets it in Euros too.... Thanks dad. Thanks son....

Here's the democratic response to the noises that were coming out the side of his neck. Scroll down to video/audio:
http://www.c-span.org/
It's so different to hear someone smart talk in clear, logical, well thought out words.

DAN