X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joe (SoCal)
    Banned
    • Feb 2002

Old Spice™

Thats what I use. I could splash some trendy, fashionable, eau de toilette on my face. But there are three reason I just splash Old Spice ™

1) It's Old Spice it's been around forever and it has a sailboat on the bottle

2) It's cheep and you can pick up a fresh bottle at the grocery store.

but the most important reason is ....

3) It's the smell of a Dad.

• P.I. Stazzer-Newt
    obnoxiously persistent.
    • Jan 2005

Re: Old Spice™

I thought you meant this.
    I'd much rather lay in my bunk all freakin day lookin at Youtube videos .

Comment

• JimD
      Senior Mumbler
      • Feb 2002

It's cheep and you can pick up a fresh bottle at the grocery store.
      You can get it at gas stations, too. Its on the shelf with the antifreeze.
      There is no rational, logical, or physical description of how free will could exist. It therefore makes no sense to praise or condemn anyone on the grounds they are a free willed self that made one choice but could have chosen something else. There is no evidence that such a situation is possible in our Universe. Demonstrate otherwise and I will be thrilled.

Comment

• Joe (SoCal)
        Banned
        • Feb 2002

Originally posted by JimD
        You can get it at gas stations, too. Its on the shelf with the antifreeze.
        That brings up another thought of mine. I've always liked the smell of WD-40 and I admit the thought of a little spritz behind the ear has crossed my mind

Comment

• JimD
          Senior Mumbler
          • Feb 2002

Originally posted by Joe ( Cold Spring on Hudson )
          That brings up another thought of mine. I've always liked the smell of WD-40 and I admit the thought of a little spritz behind the ear has crossed my mind
          I hear the ladies in Cold Spring really go for that.
          There is no rational, logical, or physical description of how free will could exist. It therefore makes no sense to praise or condemn anyone on the grounds they are a free willed self that made one choice but could have chosen something else. There is no evidence that such a situation is possible in our Universe. Demonstrate otherwise and I will be thrilled.

Comment

• Joe (SoCal)
            Banned
            • Feb 2002

Originally posted by JimD
            I hear the ladies in Cold Spring really go for that.
            Well Old Spice™ seems to be workin

Comment

• S.V. Airlie
              Ancient Mariner
              • Dec 2006

Aftershave!!!!! Well, I think it's gonna be a while before I need it.

Comment

• Paul Pless
                pinko commie tree hugger
                • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Joe ( Cold Spring on Hudson )
                Well Old Spice™ seems to be workin
                Sometimes Joe, you shouldn't give all your secrets up.
                Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Comment

• Joe (SoCal)
                  Banned
                  • Feb 2002

Originally posted by S.V. Airlie
                  Aftershave!!!!! Well, I think it's gonna be a while before I need it.
                  Jamie I spent some time aboard with ya by the end we all could have used a ummmmm sent enhancement

Comment

• Paul Pless
                    pinko commie tree hugger
                    • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Norman Bernstein
                    Hmmmm.... my Dad wasn't big on wearing any scent.... but if I want to be transported back to my youth and recall my Dad, it would be the smell of a good cigar!

I don't think they sell that in a bottle
                    http://www.cigarcologne.com/
                    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Comment

• Wild Dingo
                      Humata, Hukhta, Huvarshta
                      • Jun 2001

Well... yer wear that nancyboy stuff do yer Joe? thats a worry young fella! Me? the missus reckons she knows when Im about by the scent of fresh deisel that wafts around me... the hoons all reckon its the line of dead birds animals and flowers that follows me as the after shock of me pharts are enough to kill a dove at 100ft

Im tryin to introduce a new scent of me to this mob by turnin a small peice of Camphor Laurel every mornin and rubbin it behind me earholes an under me armpits... gettin some serious wicked looks from all an sundry as I pass!... the sheilas go glazed eyed an swoon an even the odd passin handbag wearin treehuggin hippy yippee yaya has been known to go to their knees at my wafting CL perfume!... got a sorta anestetic scent to it has Camphor Laurel but hey thats cool its the splinters that get yer

Once many years back I used some of that shower in a can but well it sorta makes me armpit hairs stick together an pinch so buggar it! NOTHIN smells bedderah than good honest sweat!
                      .................................................. ...................
                      Nil illegitimi carborundum = Never let the bastards wear you down

Comment

• Tar Devil
                        Original Invisible Man
                        • Nov 2001

My daughter picked this for me many years ago. Used it ever since...

Happiness is worth waiting for!

Comment

• Phillip Allen
                          • May 2002

Thanks Dingo...I've found that just washing myself regular does it for me. I use my own home made lye soap!
                          The doctrine of nonresistance against arbitrary power, and oppression, is absurd, slavish, and destructive of the good and happiness of mankind.
                          Personal failures are too important to be trusted to others.

Comment

• elf
                            opinionated crone
                            • Sep 2006

No thanks. Never understood why men wanted to wear perfume. Bad enough that women wear it, and soap has it, and people actually spray it around their houses.

Yuck.
                            A society predicated on the assumption that everyone in it should want to get rich is not well situated to become either ethical or imaginative.

Photographer of sailing and sailboats
                            And other things, too.

http://www.landsedgephoto.photodeck.com

Comment

• JimD
                              Senior Mumbler
                              • Feb 2002

I once tried to market a colonge called 'Ripe' but no one would go for it.

Comment

Working...