View Full Version : Wedding speech help needed

Wild Dingo
11-28-2007, 08:16 AM
Ive posted this upstairs here (http://www.woodenboatvb.com/vbulletin/upload/showthread.php?t=72492) as well as down here so I get the best range of possible help

PLEASE offer up your suggestions tootsweet!! Im in dire straits here :o

11-28-2007, 08:17 AM
No worries mate! No one will understand a word you say in any case.....Just string a few dozen random words together, and at the end raise a glass and say ..."To the happy couple!" Everyone will cheer and clap.

Domesticated_Mr. Know It All
11-28-2007, 09:20 PM
Just drink enough and speak from the heart like this fella Shane.

11-28-2007, 09:44 PM
Traditionally, at least among those I know, you have to make it half "roast" and half sincere tribute to the power of love and the magic of love and how its brought together not just this bride and groom but all these people here who love them. And so as this Bride and groom begin their life together as one we salute them and wish them long life and happiness and take inspiration at this show of the beauty and magic of love and how it enriches all our lives and leave reminded of our love for them and our spouses and its all wonderful beautiful and lovey.

But thats the end of the toast, the beginning has to be some funny and mildly embarrassing anecdote about the groom and something dumb he did and how noone ever expected such a dummy could score such a good sweet beautiful wife to share his life with.

Thats what a best man does, if he's the one giving the toast, because he's usually a friend of the groom, I don't know your position in this one because your traditions might be different.

11-28-2007, 09:47 PM
YOU are asking for help in a SPEECH Shane? ........Stewth!!
Any way, just write out the formal bits and memorise the salient points, then take a sip and let'er rip.

11-28-2007, 09:52 PM
I see, Shane, are you the father of the bride? Then the roast part is off. Instead you start with a story aboout your daughter and the love you had for this little girl in curls and how you always wanted her happiness and now you see her glowing with happiness at being united in holy marimony with this fine fellow. Then go into the beauty and power of love, etc. And you can throw in a joke about how much pain you will inlfict on the groom if he doesn't make your precious happy, if appropriate.

Just say what you feel. Love, brings people together, makes the world go round, we all love the couple, they love each other, it brought them together and us together, and it inspires us, grandchildren, all are things to think about.

Vince Brennan
11-28-2007, 10:01 PM
Good 'un, Pat.