PDA

View Full Version : Fact or fiction?

cs
11-25-2007, 08:00 PM
Is it true that America spent millions to make a pen that would write in zero gravity and that the Russians just used a pencil?

Chad

Nanoose
11-25-2007, 08:01 PM
yup

skuthorp
11-25-2007, 08:09 PM
Lot's of good tax dollars recycled as party donations there I reckon. Just like the $25,000 coffe machines for B52's. Buy a commercial product, cook the books, split the profits, easy, been going on for years, everybody.

cs
11-25-2007, 09:05 PM
Thanks. I wasn't sure if it was fact or fiction (hence the question mark) and thought it would be a good question here.

Chad

cs
11-25-2007, 09:34 PM
But what is more fun? Going to Snopes and debunking a myth, or posting it here for open discussion?

Chad

cs
11-25-2007, 09:45 PM
Yeah but I hate talking politics or religion. I would much rather talk football.

Chad

cs
11-25-2007, 09:56 PM
Gotta be on the other side of the this. I would like to see the Eagles beat NE, if not for the simple fact that I would like to see the Dolphins remain as the only perfect season. And yes I'm sitting here with the game on and surfing the net reading bowl predictions.

Chad

cs
11-25-2007, 10:04 PM
They just took the lead and the PTA is good. Plenty of time left though.

Chad

cs
11-25-2007, 10:21 PM
Even bigger was the third down conversion.

Chad

cs
11-25-2007, 10:26 PM
Looks like that did it. NE wins yet another.

Chad

Vince Brennan
11-25-2007, 10:49 PM
Rats. I had hopes that we'd do the Pats for a change, but at least the Sparrows showed they had a bit of fight in them after all... We DID try.

Pats with Brady and the crew are just scary to watch. Unbeaten is not at all out of the realm of possibility. They deserve it.

But there just isn't anyone like Westbrook... that man is uncanny.

rbgarr
11-25-2007, 11:45 PM
Humble pie will be served to the Pats during practice this week. The coaches have work to do also.

bamamick
11-26-2007, 12:11 AM
Coach Bellichik chews their butts out after they win 50-3, so yeah, I would imagine that they are in for it. But that's what comes from demanding perfection. Thing about this game, the Eagles had four turnovers and the Pats? Zero. Almost like every other game. They couldn't run the ball worth a darn so Brady just did what he had to do to get them a 'W'.

They may very well slip up and lose one. They almost lost this one. Even if they do it looks like the AFC will go through Massachusetts in January and that's not a pleasant thought for the Chargers or the Colts. But the Steelers? Hmm. The Steelers may just be up to the challenge.

As far as the NFC goes, I am a Saints fan, but I am rooting for my homeboy Bret Favre. You just know that the balloon is going to come crashing down sooner or later, but I hope that it hangs in there awhile longer.

Mickey Lake

George Roberts
11-26-2007, 12:12 AM
"Is it true that America spent millions to make a pen that would write in zero gravity and that the Russians just used a pencil?"

Repeating a false statement even when a proof of falseness is easy to show still serves the purpose of those who repeat the statement.

erster
11-26-2007, 01:24 PM
Chad don't fall for what these guys say. Indeed you are correct. One who dies with the most boats in their yard wins, just like the one that scores the most points at the end of their game. :p

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v356/Bateau1/DSC03609.jpg

cs
11-26-2007, 01:42 PM
Well I'm on the way to even more boats in the backyard. Sunday afternoon was spent laying out the stations for the 10' Pack Canoe.

Chad