PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Doin's 11/24

Spin_Drift
11-24-2007, 03:54 PM
It's always interesting to read what everyone is in up to on the weekend.

Last night snowed about three inches. It was so beautiful with sun shining on the snow laden branches. Quite a contrast to the last month when we had seen a glimpse of sun only for one or two brief moments. Took a long walk on our little country road.

Packed some more. Seems like a never ending story...:(

Tomorrow morning we are getting on a horse no one has sat on since last spring. Hopefully it will NOT turn into a rodeo...:eek:

Another horse, my favorite, is leaving for a new home tomorrow afternoon. It's going to be a tear-jerking moment to me but this is the way it is when you move from one country to another...
(All the cats and dogs come with us though :))

Wild Wassa
11-24-2007, 05:11 PM
I'm really enjoying the Fascist's loss in the Australian Fereral elections last night and really not enjoying our, my Skipper Lee Nielsen's and my losses in our Territory's Open Keelboat Titles ... but one out of two is more than adequate.

Today Sunday, is a new day for racing ... we have three races today, so finishing on a good note could be on the cards to help make this weekend even better. It is time to go and wash and polish the hull and rig the boat for today's racing.

C'ya.

Warren.

S/V Laura Ellen
11-24-2007, 06:20 PM
What bunch of idiots did they hire to design the light fixture I just installed. Dissimilar metals used in the fixture had some threaded connections seized tight on a brand new fixture, parts that were supposed to come apart didn't. I ended up having to take one piece of the fixture down to the workshop to drill out a piece of threaded tubing so that I could assemble the fixture.:eek:

Total time spent on project 2 hours.
Time to fix the fixture 1.5 hours.
Time to remove the old fixture 5 minutes.
Time to install the new fixture 5 minutes.
Time spent deciding if I should return the fixture 20 minutes.

It would be so much nicer if the stuff in our stores wasn't crap masquerading as high priced merchandise.:mad:

Rant Over!