PDA

View Full Version : The plame affair rears it's head

skuthorp
11-21-2007, 03:05 PM
again I note.

Ex-White House spokesman faults Bush in CIA leak scandal
2 hours ago
WASHINGTON (AFP) A former White House press secretary has accused President George W. Bush of misleading the public over a CIA leak which blew the cover of one of their spies and rocked the US administration.
Scott McClellan, who was Bush's chief spokesman between 2003-2006, says in an excerpt from his upcoming book that he unknowingly gave wrong information about the outing of CIA agent Valerie Plame in 2003.
http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5iT4LNzpzMx738seNpI7DYVQnxE3g

Rats deserting the ship or aparatchics covering their a**es?
Seems to me that your exec, Russia's, Pakistan's, and ours are a bunch of liars if not crooks all scrambling to hang on to power at all costs. What company eh? Russia, Pakistan, and we're telling others how they should run their govt's?
At least I think our courts are not completely complicit, the Pakistani judges tried and got arrested, yours refuse to hear cases on 'national security' grounds and are political appointments. A very sad state of affairs and a threat to democracy if it's not already hoplessly compromised.

LeeG
11-21-2007, 03:19 PM
"unknowingly gave misleading information",,,

isn't that the best of all worlds?

Plausible deniability, unknown unknowns, mispeaking, etc. I can't fault him for doing his job but why didn't they hire Tony or Dana earlier. Scott had an even flatter voice than Ari Fleischer.

Paul Pless
11-21-2007, 03:22 PM
Rats deserting the ship or aparatchics covering their a**es?or somebody trying to sell a book...

LeeG
11-21-2007, 03:32 PM
Paul, a book has to have some material in it in order to be sold and read. He couldn't exactly write a story about My Little Pony and expect that to have relevance to his job as press secretary.
I wonder if there's anything about Jeff Gannon,,or if that was pre-Scot,,so many details.

skuthorp
11-21-2007, 03:39 PM
Yes, I should have included the book sales thing too Paul, it is relevant. Has he broken any law? (though the courts might refuse this one too) And if so are there laws relating to profit from crime in the US?

John of Phoenix
11-21-2007, 04:00 PM
"Mr. mcclellan, is there any reason you waited until now to reveal this rather damning information about the bush administration?"

What an ass.

troutman
11-21-2007, 11:09 PM
I think if we were all high schoolers it might be instructional to point out that someone who wants to sell books does put in provocative stuff but is that really necessary here. Anyone just fall off the turnip truck. And really, he's a reep and they's all sell their souls for a dime. Outing a CIA agent and housing the wounded in squalor...is this a country you'd die for?