PDA

View Full Version : Photo Hosting ... which one ???

George Ray
11-13-2007, 08:06 PM
It's about time to move from Sony Image Station.

Shutterfly is out: Can't link into it. Can't easily search peoples public images etc etc

Photo bucket: Has a lot of nice features but I am very unimpressed with the way photos are presented in albums. I really liked the imagestation model.

Flickr: Looks good ?

Comments ???????????

botebum
11-13-2007, 08:32 PM
I like photobucket. It's stupid proof:o Seriously- simple to use, sort and access. If you need more than that and are more capable or are willing to spend- go for it. I primarily use it to access photos for posting on forums or use in email and am very happy with it.

Doug

Ross M
11-13-2007, 08:41 PM
I really liked Photobucket - but now it won't let me imbed photos on the forum here.

Is this function available with the $25/yr upgrade?

Ross

The Bigfella
11-13-2007, 08:44 PM
I really liked Photobucket - but now it won't let me imbed photos on the forum here

It lets me do it - as recently as yesterday

botebum
11-13-2007, 08:49 PM
I really liked Photobucket - but now it won't let me imbed photos on the forum here.

Ross

Never had a problem with it.

Doug

Peter Eikenberry
11-13-2007, 08:51 PM
I also use Photobucket and have never had any problem with it.

However, I have a number of photography friends that use Flickr and speak highly of it.

There are a lot of web site that do this. Do a Google search on Photo Hosting.

BrianW
11-13-2007, 08:52 PM

Ross

I would post a picture here to see if your right, but I do have the $25 account already, so it wouldn't be a fair test. Somebody else might try.

Ross M
11-13-2007, 08:52 PM
huh. I find the picture I want, right click and select properties, copy the url to the clipboard, and paste into the forum Picture dialog.

It shows the picture in the preview, but when I post all that shows is the address.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Ross

Vince Brennan
11-13-2007, 08:55 PM

Ross

Which of the four options are you choosing in Photobucket? You should be using the "Direct Link" code, which - when you select it - automatically copies itself to your clipboard.... go to the message where you want to insert the piccy, select the "insert picture" icon and hit CRTL - V to paste in in the highlight section.

That should bring up a picture, like this:

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa295/frayedknots/OldMusicProject/7ab4.jpg

BrianW
11-13-2007, 08:57 PM
Just 'cut & paste' the "img" text as highlited here...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v136/BrianW/stuff/photobucketpage.jpg

Don't use the forum software button to bring up the 'pop-up' screen as all that does is add the [img] codes.

Just C&P

Bruce Taylor
11-13-2007, 08:57 PM
huh. I find the picture I want, right click and select properties, copy the url to the clipboard, and paste into the forum Picture dialog.

It shows the picture in the preview, but when I post all that shows is the address.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Ross

Works for me. I don't right click. I simply click on the image, to bring it up to near-full size, then click on the "Image Code - Forums and Bulletin Boards" line, and paste to the forum (the IMG tags are inserted automatically).

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa291/BDSTaylor/French%20Polishing%20and%20Setup/label.jpg

Ross M
11-13-2007, 09:00 PM
Thanks!

Ross