PDA

View Full Version : Nov. 5th - Save America For Only $100.

Milo Christensen
10-30-2007, 12:00 PM
Everyone is donating $100 to Ron Paul on the 5th of November. (The new slogan for that day):

Year 1605 (England)
Remember, remember the fifth of November,
Gunpowder, treason and plot,
I see no reason why gunpowder treason,
Should ever be forgot.

Year 2007 (America)
Remember, remember the fifth of November,
Ron Paul, and the money he got,
I see no reason my government’s treason,
Should ever be forgot.

Credit given:
http://ronpaulrevolution-wallace.blogspot.com/ (http://ronpaulrevolution-wallace.blogspot.com/)

Hope for America (http://www.ronpaul2008.com/). Donate on November 5th. Thank You.

P.I. Stazzer-Newt
10-30-2007, 12:25 PM
Would they not be better amused by donating $100 worth of gunpowder to the Oval Orifice.

Tylerdurden
10-30-2007, 01:33 PM
Would they not be better amused by donating $100 worth of gunpowder to the Oval Orifice.

WTF?

Joe (SoCal)
10-30-2007, 01:36 PM
http://www.philipcoppens.com/vendetta_07.jpg

Tylerdurden
10-30-2007, 02:09 PM
I think I'll save the $100 instead.... rather than throwing it away on a guy who has less than a snowball's chance in hell of winning the GOP nomination, much less the election. $100 spent on Ron Paul would do about as much good as $100 spent on Ralph Nader did, last time around... namely, no useful purpose at all.

Like I said Norman you would never understand the risk the founders took. They risked everything on that outside chance. Nobody had beaten back the British army but they took that risk all the same.
I don't have a pot to piss in but I am doing my share.
You won't give up a dinner out for the chance of real change.

Tylerdurden
10-30-2007, 02:25 PM
You're wrong, Mark. I'd jump at the chance for real change.

However, I'm also a realist, and I know:

1) he doesn't HAVE a chance... not even a slim one, and
2) even if I agree with the guy on the Iraq war issue, I'm quite certain that I disagree with him on most other issues.

Are you against him because AIPAC tells you so?

Joe (SoCal)
10-30-2007, 02:26 PM
Are you against him because AIPAC tells you so? :rolleyes:

Even I know how Norman will answer this one. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Tylerdurden
10-30-2007, 02:38 PM
:rolleyes:

Even I know how Norman will answer this one. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I know that why I said it. If you want to come on here and discourage others from trying to support the last honorable man in congress you best be ready to fight. The man has never wavered from his stance and never voted against the constitution. AIPAC has given marching orders to destroy him because of his position on foreign aid to any country so when he comes on this thread and goes all negative expect the questions to come. I have jewish ancestry so bring it on!

elf
10-30-2007, 03:52 PM
Everyone is donating $100 to Ron Paul on the 5th of November.
Everyone? Surely you jest.

Voting for a flat taxer will not save America, sorry.

Tylerdurden
10-30-2007, 03:56 PM
Everyone? Surely you jest.

Voting for a flat taxer will not save America, sorry.

Then tell us what will Obi won.....

Tylerdurden
10-30-2007, 04:13 PM
Mark, you've completely lost your sense of proportion and rationality. I've already explained why I wouldn't support or vote for Ron Paul.... do you think you can give me just enough personal respect to accept that we might differ, and that I AM capable of thinking on my own?

It's what you insist on, for yourself, isn't it?

Enough with the personal insults.

No insult, a question. You came in here and crapped on the thread.
I called you on it just like elf. Over and over again you guys talk the same crap every election cycle and nothing changes no matter what party they are from.
I wish you guys had balls enough to say "I am afraid to take risks, I am happy with the corruption and lies that surround me."

Tylerdurden
10-30-2007, 06:52 PM
As for me, I think I'm done trying to discuss, debate, or reason with you.

Thanks

Cuyahoga Chuck
10-31-2007, 12:22 PM
The Frenchies wanted change ,too, They thought it would get them bread and a better life. It got them their fill of governmental terror and executions by the bagfull. But the bread situation was not all that much better.

JBreeze
10-31-2007, 05:43 PM
You can say that Iraq is the only issue about Ron Paul that you can agree with....but I'm worried about IRAN.

Israel and the Neocons keeping harping about this. Best I can tell, all the mainstream candidates are more than willing to suck on the AIPAC cash teat, except for Paul and Kucinich (sp?).

I would think the Dems. would advocate a Ron Paul nomination, which would guarantee that he would split the Rep. vote, making it easier for their candidate to win. (Yes, I voted for Nader in 2000, and some claim that he drew support and money from the mainstream candidate of the Democrats).

In the unlikely event that Ron Paul were elected, there would be 4 years of gridlock, but at least he would be commander-in-chief. That isn't the worst scenario that I can think of.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter to me.....Rhode Island uniformly votes Democratic in the Presidential elections. So as a citizen, I guess I don't have a vote.

Bob (oh, THAT Bob)
10-31-2007, 06:22 PM
Hi Milo,

I agree with you that one should put their money where their mouth is and show real commitment to a cause, that is the only way change occurs.

Regarding Ron Paul, this is a tough one for me. I respect his consistent voting record. While I don't agree with many of his views, they are for the most part consistent and not hypocritical. Except for abortion rights. Most of the platforms described on his website are libertarian, but he does not allow that choice, which is a glaring hypocrisy, unfortunately. From his website:

" Life and Liberty - The right of an innocent, unborn child to life is at the heart of the American ideals of liberty."

Here is my own view: I would not hold a gun to anyone's head to force them to have an abortion. Oh, concerned about what others do, you say? Yeah, that's up to them. That's America.

I have other concerns about his policies, such as international isolationism, improving public education (which I consider to be critical for national economic survival) rather than touting home schooling, et al, however at least on those issues he is consistent, and I'm willing to entertain discussion of alternatives and new thinking, given the current state of our federal government.

Someone above says he is a flat-tax advocate. I don't see info about that on his website, but if true, I would disagree. I agree with tax simplification, but what is complicated about our current tax system is not that it is progressive; that only requires a few pages of tax tables. What I would do is eliminate ALL deductions.

I would not consider any other republican candidate, they are all too close to positions that got us where we are. On the democratic side, the jury is still out for me, I haven't found one close enough to all of my views to be happy (a liberal, that owns guns). I liked Howard Dean, who made the tragic mistake of outlining very specific solutions up front rather than playing it close to the vest like most of the current candidates.

Milo Christensen
10-31-2007, 06:53 PM
. . . I'm willing to entertain discussion of alternatives and new thinking, given the current state of our federal government. . . .

. . . I would not consider any other republican candidate, they are all too close to positions that got us where we are. . . .

Both of your points are why I went looking at Rep. Paul, certainly I find some elements in his thinking that bother me.

We've got a lot of problems that need fixing, but I don't think a bigger Federal government can fix them.

And we'll not be able to fix anything in this country until we get out of Iraq and Rep. Paul is the only one running I trust to get us out.

When I read that Dr. Paul will refuse his Federal pension for his 10 years in office to date, I was impressed. The guy actually practices what he preaches.

Bob (oh, THAT Bob)
10-31-2007, 07:15 PM
I hear ya. I didn't vote for Engler in MI, but became impressed when he actually did what he said he was going to do. Like I said, a tough call for me, still a lot of considering to do, but I may just fork over money for his campaign if only to improve the quality of debate.

Both of your points are why I went looking at Rep. Paul, certainly I find some elements in his thinking that bother me.

We've got a lot of problems that need fixing, but I don't think a bigger Federal government can fix them.

And we'll not be able to fix anything in this country until we get out of Iraq and Rep. Paul is the only one running I trust to get us out.

When I read that Dr. Paul will refuse his Federal pension for his 10 years in office to date, I was impressed. The guy actually practices what he preaches.

CK 17
11-01-2007, 02:18 PM
Thanks for the inspration, I just sent 100 bucks to. . . . . . . Al Frankin:D