PDA

View Full Version : Question for computer & 35MM scanner owners

J. Dillon
10-29-2007, 06:48 PM
I got a problem. Just got a new computer loaded with Windows XP . My HP scanjet 4070 Photosmart Scanner is not fully functional with my new unit. :( It works Ok with straight scanning, but not the 35MM film strip capacity. Both worked fine on the old computer with the same program.

Therefore at present I cannot convert 35mm slides to images here, unless some one here can steer me on how to get this function working again.:confused:

Do I need a driver or what? I do not have the software to re load so that option is out. I tried connecting with HP trouble shooting and down loaded stuff but the 35 MM slide feature eludes me.

Any ideas, Thanks

JD

Bruce Hooke
10-29-2007, 06:57 PM
I have a slide scanner hooked up to my computer (running Windows XP), however I have never had this problem. It does sound to me like a software problem. I'd guess that you are going to have to get your hands on a copy of the software. It may well be available for download on the HP website at no charge. Edited to add -- this page looks like it probably has what you need: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=228&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=391314&lang=en#

There is specialized substitute software out there that can be used for dedicated slide scanners, but I don't know if it would work with a combo machine and even if it did the price would not be worth it.

J. Dillon
10-30-2007, 04:24 PM
Thanks Bruce for the info. Still checking with others to see if that is the solution to the problem.

JD

Michael s/v Sannyasin
10-30-2007, 04:39 PM
Yea, the way to go would be to install the software for the scanner. I had a scanner and when I upgraded to Windows NT from Windows 95, the scanner software wouldn't allow me to install it, as it wasn't compatible with Windows NT. I checked with the manufacturer and they said they had no intention of producing a driver for anything other than Windows 95, so, basically, unless I wanted to go back to using Windows 95, I had to go get another scanner.