Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CEF
    • Apr 2007

What is your pet peeve?

Today I was cut off in traffic by someone that crossed 4 lanes of traffic and then slowed to 20 miles per hour in a 45 zone. I saw him crossing the lanes and did not believe that he would pull into the same lane that I was in as there was not much room between me and the car in front of me. I am don't think I was the only person on the road that was unhappy with the jerk.
    OKAY, the rules will be short.
    1) This is not for name calling around the forum, it is to share pet peeves of other boaters, drivers, or rude people in general that we all deal with on a daily basis in our REAL life.
  • Milo Christensen
    Banned
    • May 2006

Re: What is your pet peeve?
    1. Pet peeve: People who won't leave enough space between them and the car in front of them to let me move over 4 lanes when I gotta exit and find a bathroom, right now!
    2. Pet peeve: People who use a numbered list for one item.
    3. Pet peeve: People who start threads on pet peeves.

Comment

• Bill R
      Where's the KABOOM?!
      • Feb 2005

CELL PHONES!

and the obnoxious a-holes who use them in public with no regard for the people around them.
      Bill R

There was supposed to be an earth shattering KABOOM!

Comment

• Honda_Shadow
        • Apr 2006

1) Smoking. OK, if you want to kill yourself, get a gun. It's faster, less painfull, and you're a lot less likely to hurt me if you do it that way. I never understood smoking; it's like carrying around a salt lick laced with a tiny bit of cyanide. If someone asks me, "Mind if I smoke?" I say "Mind if I fart?"

2) Cell phones. I know that 10 years ago we all got along fine by leaving the phone at home and using a telephone booth when we were out, we conversed well with the folks we were with and had a great time; but now no one can possibly live without yapping on a phone until they're breathless while completely ignoring the people they're with. And what's with putting a song as your ringer? Have we gotten so "cool" nowadays that we can't have a normal ring? I can't count the times I've been sitting in a restaurant for a quiet evening with my wife and someone's phone goes off playing the chicken dance. As a raspberry to all of those geeks, I have recorded a fart as my ring. When my phone goes off (rarely) people look around with a "whodunnit" look on their face as I grin from ear to ear and say "that's me!" (Most fun in public places, although my wife tries to pretend she doesn't know me)
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep in order to gain what he cannot lose..."
        -Jim Elliot

Comment

• Joe (SoCal)
          Banned
          • Feb 2002

Soccer moms who use NEXTEL's . As far as I'm concerned NEXTEL walky talky feature should only be used by construction workers on a job site not on line at the local deli.

People buying 500 lottery tickets and cashing in a pile of scratch offs . They act like the clerk is their personal croupier while I'm just trying to pay for some gas.

Comment

• Phillip Allen
            • May 2002

Gad Joe, I'd hate to witness a purchace of that many loto tickets from any distance...I'm sorry I saw it here!
            The doctrine of nonresistance against arbitrary power, and oppression, is absurd, slavish, and destructive of the good and happiness of mankind.
            Personal failures are too important to be trusted to others.

Comment

• ishmael
              Banned
              • Jun 2000

Do we only get one? Hm. I guess I'll ignore the syntax.

Pens that don't write when someone is telling you something important over the phone.

Aggressive drivers(living near Boston for a long time, a lot of experience with that.)

Mice in my silverware drawer(cute little boogers, they'd be welcome to nibble a bit, if they'd only learn some toilet manners.)

Tool steel that isn't properly hardened, yet you need it anyway.

People who are two faced, say one thing and do another. I've had some work done around here lately, and also sold a truck that had been sitting for almost a year. If you aren't going to be there tomorrow at noon, don't say you will be. Both good and bad experiences with that over the last few weeks.

Computers that don't speak English.

My own failings.

How's that for a list?

Comment

• ljb5
                • Jan 2004

People who use an apostrophe to indicate a plural.
                ”If you look at it from a contextual standpoint, I think it's accurate. If you contextualize in concrete numbers fashion, it's not accurate."

Comment

• Joe (SoCal)
                  Banned
                  • Feb 2002

Originally posted by ljb5
                  People who use an apostrophe to indicate a plural.
                  NEXTEL's
                  NEXTEL's
                  NEXTEL's
                  NEXTEL's

Comment

• Tar Devil
                    Original Invisible Man
                    • Nov 2001

• North Carolina drivers (all of 'em... they're a nasty breed!)
                    • Being interrupted
                    • Especially, being interrupted by a third person while I'm having a conversation with someone.
                    Happiness is worth waiting for!

Comment

• Andrew
                      • Apr 1999

Originally posted by Milo Christensen
                      1. Pet peeve: People who use a numbered list for one item.
                      There's three kinds of people in this world. Those that are good at math and those that aren't.

Comment

• JBreeze
                        • Apr 2007

People that sniffle endlessly at concerts, recitations, speeches, meetings, movies etc. where the audience is trying to listen.

Hasn't everyone heard of Kleenex?

Oh, ya, and then there are the baritones that seem to snort it up from their left knee. Gross!

Comment

• P.I. Stazzer-Newt
                          obnoxiously persistent.
                          • Jan 2005

When my pet gets peeved it tries to kick me out of bed.
                          I'd much rather lay in my bunk all freakin day lookin at Youtube videos .

Comment

• LeeG
                            • May 2002

Entering traffic with cell phone to ear.

Cars communicating with cyclists by yelling.

Comment

• Paul Pless
                              pinko commie tree hugger
                              • Oct 2003

Originally posted by RichKrough
                              Cars parked in spaces designated for boat trailers .
                              Oooh lots of boat ramp pet peeves...
                              the big for me is guys who work on their outboards at the bottom of the boat ramp.

There's also a boat ramp down the road from my house that is admittedly seldom used, except by kayakers that park their cars on the ramp (blocking the ramp) and then catch a ride up river so that they can paddle down to their cars. I've called and had many of those bastard's cars towed.
                              Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Comment

Working...