PDA

View Full Version : California wildfires terroism?

Stinkbug
10-24-2007, 01:11 PM
my original thread disappeared due to some bad eggs getting out of hand trying to punch holes inn my idea- I guess outr moderator didnt like what they were saying about me ;)

then I found this nugget :)

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2003-07-11-alqaeda-fire_x.htm

TimH
10-24-2007, 01:16 PM
Thats from 4 years ago.

LeeG
10-24-2007, 01:18 PM
Colorado landslides insurgency

Stinkbug
10-24-2007, 01:19 PM
my original thread had a link from today- I cant seem to locate it now, since our host removed the post

I wonder if the beltway hot head has calmed himself yet?

Me thinkum hed better or he may be next to disappear

LeeG
10-24-2007, 01:40 PM
Pennsylvania floods insurrection

PatCox
10-24-2007, 02:13 PM
Recycled story. Its all from one original story in the Arizona Republic newspaper. This is just another newspaper reporting that same story, quoting it.

Stinkbug
10-24-2007, 02:34 PM
heres a new one

Fire officials are now stating that the Orange County Santiago fire was purposely set and there is speculation that other fires may have also been deliberate. See Interactive Map (http://www.fire.lacounty.gov/)
Fire officials found three separate “points of origin,” all near the intersection of Silverado Canyon Road and Santiago Canyon Road. Two were on one side of the road, and the third was on the other. “Whoever did this knew what they were doing,” said Kris Concepcion, a fire authority battalion chief. Also, the fire traveled 3 miles in its first 20 minutes when it was ignited about 6 p.m. Sunday, he said.

http://www.nationalterroralert.com/updates/2007/10/22/california-fire-battallion-chief-whoever-did-this-knew-what-they-were-doing/

PatCox
10-24-2007, 03:08 PM
So who should we be looking for? Idaho white supremacists? Michigan militiamen? Or old fashioned klansmen?

Vince Brennan
10-24-2007, 03:14 PM
Kahns with Swanns?

Pests with Vestas?

LeeG
10-24-2007, 03:42 PM
Florida hurricanes transvestites!

Phillip Allen
10-24-2007, 03:47 PM
Oh stop it Lee...the Japanese DID set fires in the western US during the last war with them...OTOH there are plenty of nuts in southern calif too

ishmael
10-24-2007, 04:00 PM
My initial response has been swallowed.

Could these fires be terrorism? Putting myself in their mind, the terrorist mind, it sounds possible and reasonable. More likely is that the cards came together in an unfortunate way.

Don't know. I hope people cope with this well. I've never, knock wood, been in the middle of fire out of control. Not a pleasant prospect.

PatCox
10-24-2007, 04:00 PM
Iranians! They set the Gulf of Tonkin fires!

Memphis Mike
10-24-2007, 04:03 PM
So who should we be looking for? Idaho white supremacists? Michigan militiamen? Or old fashioned klansmen?

Given the way she's been acting, it's probably Britney Spears.

Stinkbug
10-24-2007, 06:19 PM
heres more'

"Australian security authorities are aware of reports that al-Qaida has considered starting brushfires in the U.S. as a form of terrorist attack," said a spokeswoman Australian Attorney General Daryl Williams. "Arson attacks are just one of a wide range of scenarios which have been considered as part of our investigations into al-Qaida's ability to conduct attacks in Australia."
In fact, Arab terrorists in Israel have started dozens of major forest fires over the years. As far back as 1988, Israeli police caught more than a dozen Palestinian adults in the act of setting fires, while other Arabs confessed to arson after arrest. Some fires followed specific calls by underground Arab terrorists. A leaflet issued by the Palestinian uprising's underground leadership called for ''the destruction and burning of the enemy's properties, industry and agriculture.''

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=35346

Milo Christensen
10-24-2007, 06:34 PM
So who should we be looking for? . . . Michigan militiamen? . . .

Nahh, their unemployment ran out and they can't afford the gas to leave the state.

Milo Christensen
10-24-2007, 06:39 PM
Oh stop it Lee...the Japanese DID set fires in the western US during the last war with them...OTOH there are plenty of nuts in southern calif too

Not only set fires, but the only Mainland casualties during WWII were from Japanese balloon bombs. I had forgotten about them. One balloon bomb even made it all the way to Michigan.

LeeG
10-24-2007, 07:04 PM
Could these fires be terrorism? .

Have you made the effort to find out what caused them?

Maybe they could be caused by an alien with a very big magnifying glass?

donald branscom
10-24-2007, 07:42 PM
Every year there have been more and more fires.
Now it is even called "fire season" but the danger of fires has always been there. I wonder if the announcement of fire season was delayed if the starting of the fires would be delayed.
I hear young men in coffee shops telling how they hope to make a lot of money on the next fire season. Some live entirely on fire season income.

It is good for business and that is what worries me.
New homes have to be built,moving and storage companies benefit, rental and purchace of equipment, you get the idea.

When 15 seperate fires all start at about the same time it does seem suspious.

The Bigfella
10-24-2007, 07:56 PM
Australian Attorney General Daryl Williams

Wrong ........

Former Australian Attorney General methinks - he left that post in about 2003.

Damn Dutch - can't get anything right

JimJ
10-24-2007, 07:58 PM
When 15 seperate fires all start at about the same time it does seem suspious.
2 or 3 in the same area at the same time would be "suspicious" But 15 separate fires all starting at the same time is more than "suspicious"

I remember spotting fires back in the 70s. One day we saw small columns of smoke along a road through a State forest. Some smart a*** was throwing matches as he drove along the road.

More than one fire at the same time in the same area is not from natural causes unless from cinders blown downwind from an existing fire.

Martin Pflanz
10-24-2007, 10:20 PM
Seems to me that our hairy friend Bin Laden was talking about setting fires in this country a few years ago. Does anyone remember this?

Martin

Stinkbug
10-24-2007, 10:31 PM
they dont want to remember Martin.

Its more mentaly settling to believe it as a random act of mother nature gone awry- probably a latent effect of the republicans causing global warming.

WX
10-24-2007, 10:38 PM
They are firebugs or arsonists not terrorists. There is a difference.

The Bigfella
10-24-2007, 10:44 PM
More than one fire at the same time in the same area is not from natural causes unless from cinders blown downwind from an existing fire.

Unless of course you have overhead power lines and very strong winds - and even more so if the weather is hot and the lines are a bit droopy. Winds cause the lines to clash - sparks to fly and Bob's yer uncle. Lotsa fires at the same time.