PDA

View Full Version : Flamin Mongrel Mouse!!

Wild Dingo
10-21-2007, 10:15 AM
The mouse on my computer has decided that its got a mind of its own and to hell with what I want its going to do zig zags all over the screen rather than go where I point the thing!! :mad:

Anyone have a clue why the damned things gone demented on me all of a sudden?? :confused:

Paul Girouard
10-21-2007, 10:22 AM
You need to clean his balls:eek: :D

Well "the ball" , tip it over there should be a little hatch that opens , the ball will fall out , clean it with rubbing alcohol and the little roller guides up inside where the ball fits also , clue tip and more rubbing alcohol. Re -insert ball and it should track fine.

Boy is this post rip for off colour comments eh:D

Wild Dingo
10-21-2007, 10:29 AM
eeeeerrrrrrrrr ummmm this poor wee mousey is a gelding ol son... no balls!!! its one of them ones with the light under its bum damned if I know what theyre called... but no balls whatever... it does have 4 wee pad things which I guess could be mistaken by a blonde or a blind fella as balls... hang on a tick and I'll check that... nope just the blonde! :D

Ive cleaned the 4 pads but shes still demented!! :mad:

paladin
10-21-2007, 10:40 AM
It could be the pad that you are using. If I pass mine over a book or printed page it gets squirrely, or over the rubberized carbon mat on the dest......when I use it off to the side on the wood top it works fine.

S/V Laura Ellen
10-21-2007, 10:46 AM
Don't clean the mouse ball, get an optical mouse, no cleaning involved.

Wild Dingo
10-21-2007, 10:53 AM
Optical thats the buggar!! its still connected by the line but its got the red light thing under its bum...

And I have taken the sodding thing off the mat cause its TOTALLY and UTTERLY uncontrollable on that thing... on the desk its mmmm kinda a little bit controllable as long as you dont mind spending more time chasing the flamin mongrel around the screen trying to get it to go where you want it to that is :rolleyes:

oh and it gets the sudden jerks too... you can be typing away and watching it out of the corner of your eye and suddenly it will tear of across the screen... or slowly sidle its way up the screen toward the top... then zzzzzzzzap its down the bottom... and heven help you if youve got your finger on it!! blam suddenly youve opened up the file menu or the start menu and youve not touched the thing!!...damned demented I tell yer...

its either that or

its... possessed!! :eek:

Paul Girouard
10-21-2007, 10:54 AM
Don't clean the mouse ball, get an optical mouse, no cleaning involved.

Sounds like that's what Dingo has , so I guess a good ball cleaning is not going to work , but yanno a guy does always feel better if his balls are clean:D Mice's mileage may vary :D

I got nuttin for ya on optical mice:o New glass's maybe :D

Nanoose
10-21-2007, 12:05 PM
1. find trash can

2. deep six mouse

3. drive to local mouse supply store (here, Staples or Office Depot)

4. find new mouse

5. open wallet

6. pay $9.00

7. drive home

8. install new mouse

9. smile

glenallen
10-21-2007, 12:19 PM
What Nanoose said, except #1 shoud read, "find sledge hammer".

Nanoose
10-21-2007, 05:31 PM
Then again, it could simply be the kind of mouse you've got, i.e. the "flamin mongrel" type. :eek: :D :D

Paul Pless
10-21-2007, 05:38 PM
Just put up with it Dingo, hell there's only a few days left before you quit the computer entirely anyway.:p

Nanoose
10-21-2007, 06:40 PM
I've got it now!! :D

It's the fact that it's 'flamin'!! Just douse it with some water to put the fire out, Dingo, and it should recover just fine.

hehehehehehehe :D :D :D

Vince Brennan
10-21-2007, 08:26 PM
Forget the mouse....get one of "Man's Best Friends"....

Paris Hilt.... I mean, a trackball.

Flamin' BEAUTIES they are... easy to clean, no stupid pad to worry about, easy on the hand and very accurate.

Paul Girouard
10-21-2007, 08:54 PM
Forget the mouse....get one of "Man's Best Friends"....

Paris Hilt.... I mean, a trackball.

Now Vincent. :D

SaltyD from BC
10-21-2007, 09:22 PM
OMG - no sign of Dingo for a while. I hope the demonic mouse didn't chew him up! :eek:

Er maybe he's just sleeping. What the hell time is it down there anyways...:confused:

Or maybe he's actually quit the intra web :p

Wild Dingo
10-22-2007, 02:43 AM
Bloody hell... a fellas allowed a few short hours of kip surely?? :eek: gotta get me beauty sleep you know!!! ;)

But well the days near done again 3.20pm now on Mondy arvo... been full on around here pelted down to Busso this am to take the missus to the tooth murderer to get a bunch of meanassed toofs slaughtered and man is she a sore bunny now poor wee thing :D :D well hell I gotta laugh the damned sheila NEVER gets crook as tuff as an old mallee bull is me wee possumpoop... so a bit of pain today an its all good I KNOW shes still human! ;)

And now this arvo Im about to head to the shed for an hour or twos therapy :cool: