PDA

View Full Version : Mister Moon / Bell Witch?

cs
10-03-2007, 08:32 PM
According to the legend, the first manifestation of the haunting occurred in 1817 when John Bell encountered a strange animal in a cornfield on his property. The animal, described as having had the body of a dog and the head of a rabbit, vanished when Bell shot at it. This incident was quickly followed by a series of strange beating and gnawing noises manifesting around, and eventually inside, the Bell residence. After these occurrences, the Bell children said their bedclothes were being regularly pulled off and tossed onto the floor by an invisible force.

Anything you need to tell us John?

Chad

Concordia...41
10-03-2007, 08:59 PM
Maybe it's an Alabama (or southern) thing, but I remember stories of the Bell Witch. :eek::eek::eek:

Very scary stuff...

I'll be leaving some lights on tonight...

Thanks. :(

cs
10-03-2007, 09:00 PM
No problem Margo. I'm sitting here watching Ghost Hunters on SCFI and reading about the bell witch on the internet.

Chad

BTW I saw an episode of Ghost Hunters where they visited your lighthouse. Appearantly they really believe it is haunted. I saw the videos of the apperiations

cs
10-12-2007, 01:39 PM
Hey John since you are once again around, what about this?

Chad

John Bell
10-12-2007, 01:55 PM
Hey John since you are once again around, what about this?

Chad

After these occurrences, the Bell children said their bedclothes were being regularly pulled off and tossed onto the floor by an invisible force.

And subsequent investigation revealed that they Bell children themselves were throwing their bedclothes on the floor and that they were telling a big whoppin' fib about why their beds are never made...
;)

Seriously, no relation.

Concordia...41
10-12-2007, 06:13 PM
No problem Margo. I'm sitting here watching Ghost Hunters on SCFI and reading about the bell witch on the Internet.

Chad

BTW I saw an episode of Ghost Hunters where they visited your lighthouse. Apparently they really believe it is haunted. I saw the videos of the apparitions

The Ghost Hunters episode was the first I'd heard of our lighthouse being haunted.

The fort has to be haunted - and is especially creepy at night. It's fairly popular for weddings, because of the beautiful grounds, but the place gives me the creeps. It's not like thousands of people died in battles, but hundreds succumbed to disease and starvation during the times they used it to house prisoners.

Also ghoulish here is the Episcopal church where Henry Flagler's daughter is buried. Back in the 80's I was with a friend from Orlando who was working on a photography project on the paranormal. We'd been all around the fort with her taking pictures using different filters and what not. She had her camera on a tripod on the sidewalk by the church and as we walked back to the car for something, a big tree limb came crashing down on the tripod.

Granted, the wind was blowing, but that was the end of our ghost hunting. :eek:

BTW wasn't the Bell Witch's name Julia? And she married a Swan (man named Swan, not the bird)? Don't know why that just popped in my head, but Julia Bell Swan or Swain comes to mind?