PDA

View Full Version : Clinton or Giuliani for President?

Ross M
10-02-2007, 08:09 PM
Just curious how the Forum feels about the subject :cool:

botebum
10-02-2007, 08:16 PM
So you have eliminated the primaries? In that case, I'll say Bush will win since I believe that he may attempt to eliminate the entire election. I was the first to say it here about a year or two ago and I still think the guy's got the balls to try it.

Doug

Mrleft8
10-02-2007, 08:18 PM
Neither thank you.....I'm full.....

jack grebe
10-02-2007, 08:25 PM
I'll say Bush will win since I believe that he may attempt to eliminate the entire election.
Agreed

jack grebe
10-02-2007, 08:29 PM
Till the election gets here, we will have had 20 years as President between the Bush
and Clinton families........Do we really want 4 more years?

Figment
10-02-2007, 08:29 PM
Note to self: Invest in canadian real estate.

jack grebe
10-03-2007, 07:52 AM
Note to self: Invest in canadian real estate.
For future citrus groves:rolleyes:

Rick Starr
10-03-2007, 08:36 AM
Under no circumstances would I support either Giuliani or Romney. Don't know if I could back Hillary. I've met her and I LOATHE her. But she may well be the lesser of several evils.

BrianW
10-03-2007, 10:09 AM
Might be better just going out for a drink if those are the only choices.

Greg P H
10-03-2007, 10:44 AM
Canada sounds better and better...

Might have to sneak across the border though, 'cause last I heard, soon, you'll need to have a passport and permission to LEAVE the US at all... so far it's only on flights, I believe.

Cuyahoga Chuck
10-03-2007, 11:54 AM
Ohio put Bush over the top last time. I doubt that the Repugicans have much of a chance this time. The entire Repugican executive branch of our state government was swept out of office because of ineptitude and criminality and numbers of them won't hold state office any trime soon. Also, there is no "defence of marriage" issue on the ballot to bring out the bible thumpers.
Whoever the Dems run is going to get our electorals.
Anyone rational looking at the situation can divine that if Bush can be president your unemployed Uncle Louie could do it.

Lew Barrett
10-03-2007, 05:44 PM
Nuthin' wrong with Canada except most Amis can't afford it anymore, and you'll have to prove you didn't vote for Bush in either election if you want to eat in the better restaurants.:D

botebum
10-03-2007, 06:31 PM
Um, I pressed this point before and never got an answer. Just exactly how will Bush stay on for as long as he likes? Who will allow this?

Who was it here who was willing to bet the title to his boat that Bush would be sitting quietly while the new president is sworn in as long as someone put up something of equal value from the other side of the table?

Come on guys. Its OK to say Bush is a disaster. It really is. But dont tell me he is going to appoint himself the extend-o president and we will all sit around and accept it.

Again who will be the enabler?
In case you haven't noticed, Bush enables himself, Constitution be damned. Sit around and accept it? If he does try it there will be a race to Washington to see who gets to blow his traitorous head off. I'm about 7 hrs away. Someone will beat me to it.;)

Doug

LeeG
10-03-2007, 07:04 PM
Clinton/Webb? The Republican Party could give up as they'd been completely coopted.

http://clinton.senate.gov/news/statements/details.cfm?id=284618

Bob Adams
10-03-2007, 07:14 PM
Where is the none of the above button?

Keith Wilson
10-03-2007, 10:28 PM
Come on guys. Its OK to say Bush is a disaster. It really is. But dont tell me he is going to appoint himself the extend-o president and we will all sit around and accept it. I agree completely. I won't bet the title to my boat, but whoever did won't lose. He's bad, but not that bad. Mr. Bush will sit there quietly trying to look dignified as a Democrat takes the oath of office in January of '09. If I were a conservative I'd be even more upset about him than I am now. Through sheer drooling incompetence, he has done more harm to the idea of conservatism in the US than every Democrat since FDR.

glenallen
10-03-2007, 10:48 PM
...."your unemployed Uncle Louie could do it." CC

Only if he had Carl Rove behind the scenes!

skuthorp
10-03-2007, 10:48 PM
Originally Posted by botebum
"I'll say Bush will win since I believe that he may attempt to eliminate the entire election."
It's a definite possibility, as to how, wel it would depend on the military and maybe Blackwater. And you'd have youself a civil war if you were'nt careful. Wonder what Bush's tame court would say.

Nevertheless even an old cynic like me considers it a fairly remote possibility but other forces may be at work, like the sub-prime affair stuffing the economy, forcing the US to abandon Iraq and Afghanistan. Or a 'clean strike' on Iran may get out of hand. Watch Cheney.

Bob Adams
10-04-2007, 11:13 AM
Note to self.... Move to Mexico

No need, Mexico is moving to us!