PDA

View Full Version : I'm bummed

Bill R
09-28-2007, 05:27 PM
:(

Cleaning out my truck today after working for a few days at our Vermont stations I realized my favorite hammer did not make it back with me. Leather handled steel 16oz Estwing that I have had for over around 20 years...

I'm bummed.

oakman
09-28-2007, 05:56 PM
Incredible, just yesterday I heard a guy on the jobsite cliaming he could not find that hammer and his was held togethor with duct tape. I told him I could find it, went to my secret store today and will deliver on Monday.

I can get em if you need one.

Of course I know the sentiment attatched to a loved tool so sorry bout that.

Oakman

boatbear
09-28-2007, 06:22 PM
Sincere condolences, Bill. I hope it turns up.

My beautiful old Estwing is sitting safely on the coffee table, just over there. The leather needs a bit of neatsfoot oil to plump it up for the summer. I wonder how many millions of nails we've hit.

The bright side is that the shiny ones in the shops seem to be made with the same quality, and the 20 years to make it really comfortable will fly by.
Charlie

Domesticated_Mr. Know It All
09-28-2007, 07:23 PM
If it dosen't turn up, you might check out the local flea market or e-bay for a decent replacement.

About half my #2 toolbox "disappeared" on my first(and last) day on the job recently and those weren't my good tools or I'd still be in jail.