PDA

View Full Version : Canon printer - waste ink collector full warning

Rum_Pirate
09-17-2007, 09:59 AM
I you have a Canon printer and get a warning message suggesting that the waste ink collector is nearly full, do NOT take it to your dealer.

Visit this site.

http://www.neilslade.com/Papers/inkjetstuff11.html

The warning is Canon's way of trying to build in obselence, even though it is NOT TRUE.

Peter Eikenberry
09-17-2007, 10:35 AM
That's an interesting site and gives some very good information. However, I think he is way off on his comparison of printers and print quality. Canon printers are just about indestructible, but Epson photo printers have the best print quality by far. Not according to this guy.

If you check any of the major reviewers on photographic printers Epson stays way out ahead. Unfortunately Epson printers are noisy, cantankerous and prone to leak ink.

I have used Espon, Canon, HP, Lexmark and a few other printers and the HP is the most reliable and bullet proof but goes through ink like a 4 barrel carb goes through gas. Even HP's company president said they make most of their money selling replacement ink cartridges.

Anyway. Good info but defintely biased toward Canon.

Canon sure makes a damn good camera though.

Rum_Pirate
09-17-2007, 11:39 AM
That's an interesting site and gives some very good information. However, I think he is way off on his comparison of printers and print quality. Canon printers are just about indestructible, but Epson photo printers have the best print quality by far. Not according to this guy.

If you check any of the major reviewers on photographic printers Epson stays way out ahead. Unfortunately Epson printers are noisy, cantankerous and prone to leak ink.

I have used Espon, Canon, HP, Lexmark and a few other printers and the HP is the most reliable and bullet proof but goes through ink like a 4 barrel carb goes through gas. Even HP's company president said they make most of their money selling replacement ink cartridges.

Anyway. Good info but defintely biased toward Canon.

Canon sure makes a damn good camera though. I am not concerned with the rest of the site. I was referring to the bit where you can "reset" your printer's "waste ink collector is nearly full" advice at no cost and not have to fork out for another printer or for a Dealer to 'service' it by doing the same thing .