Paul Pless
09-13-2007, 12:37 PM
That certainly casts an interesting light on things.:eek::eek::eek:

BrianW
09-13-2007, 12:39 PM
Maybe Scott can get him back. :D

Paul Pless
09-13-2007, 12:40 PM
oh, and a 100M$ fine !!!Wonder if their insured for that?

P.I. Stazzer-Newt
09-13-2007, 12:43 PM
You can't insure against fines from a court of law - but that's not a court of law....

I wonder what the impact on the team is intended to be.

Wild Wassa
09-13-2007, 12:54 PM
Some guy McClaren has been banned ... from the Wooden Boat Forum?

And fined 100m$? That is heavy, Wooden Boat Forum's administrators are getting really tuff ... 100m$?

Did it happen on a religious thread. It was always going to happen with the religious zealots getting out of control, it was only a matter of time ... but I don't get the bit about the manufacturer. Was it Kirby's or West Systems or who?

Warren.

Paul Pless
09-13-2007, 12:55 PM
I wonder what the impact on the team is intended to be.To put it into context, that's 25% of McClaren's annual F1 budget, or put another way, the 100 million is more than the four most frugal F1 teams each spend in a year.

That expense, coupled with the almost assured loss of sponsorship committment could very well drive McClaren away from F1 for some time...

Paul Pless
09-13-2007, 01:09 PM
Actually on second thought, the effect will probably be that McClaren will do a better job in the future of not getting caught.

Wild Wassa
09-13-2007, 01:09 PM
McClaren will get over it.

They were probably lucky that this is the only time they have been caught ... if McClaren want a real insight into Ferrari they should now buy Scudaria Toro Rossa and have their own Ferraris. BMW bought Sauber and lost the Ferraris. Maybe McClaren buying STR, might have more luck.

Warren.

John Meachen
09-13-2007, 05:17 PM
Having spent a couple of hours reading a number of reports of the saga,it would seem that McLaren did not seek an insight into Ferrari.They were given some elements of a package of information that came into the posession of one of their senior designers.They have insisted that their car contains no intellectual property of any other team throughout the affair.They also are leading the championship quite comfortably.
There are also personality conflicts between the top men at the FIA and McLaren.My prediction for whatever it may be worth is that the fine will be considerably reduced,I would guess to $25 million and that Ferrari will be awarded the constructors championship.A rather tarnished championship.

The Bigfella
09-13-2007, 05:42 PM
Ferrari, or more specifically a former Ferrari driver, have managed to tarnish F1 before today too. Remember the deliberate punting off the track of a title contender? I stopped going to F1 races when the level of sportsmanship stooped to that level.

Still, I wouldn't mind a drive of one. Any around that can take a 6' 6" driver?