Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Phillip Allen
    • May 2002

change of seasons comin

the daytime high has dropped by 20 degrees and the night time lows are to be in the 40's (they've been in the mid 60's to mid 70's)

I feel a batch of chili comin on...
    The doctrine of nonresistance against arbitrary power, and oppression, is absurd, slavish, and destructive of the good and happiness of mankind.
    Personal failures are too important to be trusted to others.
  • Wild Wassa
    • Jan 2002

Where I am at the northern end of the Australian Alps, the wattle flowering is the best indicator that Spring has come to my neck of the woods. It has been a bit late blooming this year.

Warren.

Comment

• Phillip Allen
      • May 2002

Don't know what I'd do without seasonal change...it always pleases me to see the changes but often there is also apprehension...life is renewed and therein is the hope of our world. I often wonder how seasonal change manifests itself in tropical zones...perhaps more subtle...?
      The doctrine of nonresistance against arbitrary power, and oppression, is absurd, slavish, and destructive of the good and happiness of mankind.
      Personal failures are too important to be trusted to others.

Comment

• Wild Wassa
        • Jan 2002

Spring an autumn here generally have good daytime temperatures. They are the most productive times of the year for painting boats, where I am.

I know what you mean Phillip, about needing seasonal changes. Winter this year has been so cold for so long, I've not known a winter as cold as this last winter. Even yesterday was freezing with a good late frost to wake up to.

It has been so unlike a normal winter here, I've hardly worked. All I've done for months is prep jobs waiting for the day temps to get above 12C.

Today is forecast to be 13C ... sub tropical.
        Warren.

Comment

Working...