PDA

View Full Version : men...

Bernadette
09-05-2007, 09:57 PM
i think the wooden boat forum people should put up another topic heading something akin to a lonely hearts dating site!!! seriously, how else is a good looking intelligent sporty woman like myself supposed to meet a good looking intelligent (wealthy!!!) sporty man who either has a boat or is seriously into boats?!!! i dont frequent night clubs and bars*and the men's profiles on the local RSVP dating site are just so damn dreary and well, plain boring. so what's a girl to do!!!??? :D
bernadette

* ive been aground once or twice but does that count?!!!!

pipefitter
09-05-2007, 10:06 PM
There's good looking men in Australia?You might be awhile. :)

The Bigfella
09-05-2007, 10:09 PM

Bernadette
09-05-2007, 10:11 PM
looks like some australian men have tabs on themselves...i dont like those types...
geez ian you leave yourself wide open there...i did say good looking...

The Bigfella
09-05-2007, 10:31 PM

skuthorp
09-05-2007, 10:34 PM
"a good looking intelligent (wealthy!!!) sporty man"
Probably because they're happy as they are, it's an increasing trend.
The demographics and income level stats narrow your choice anyhow and it's good for a man to be content with his own company.

Bernadette
09-05-2007, 10:47 PM
crickeys skuthorpe, i hope you dont work in the 'relationships' industry...so much gloom and doom...heck! who cares about numbers and the such like, and if a guy is happy by himself, well he can stick by himself...i dont date hermits anyway...but he would have a lot more fun sailing with me im sure!!!

The Bigfella
09-05-2007, 11:00 PM

Bernadette
09-05-2007, 11:03 PM
ian you really know how to hijack and ruin a perfectly innocent but fun post dont you?

The Bigfella
09-05-2007, 11:06 PM

Bernadette
09-05-2007, 11:09 PM
joe, yes i see what you mean. you are good looking for sure and you are on a boat!!! i dont know your history, but did you really put your photo on the forum for that purpose? i take it that it worked too????

The Bigfella
09-05-2007, 11:12 PM

skuthorp
09-05-2007, 11:18 PM
Maybe my trouble is there's only really room for one on a Mac?
'Course a lot of the 'good lookin' men' have gone the other way, so to speak........

Bernadette
09-05-2007, 11:28 PM
ian (bigfella) if you dont have anything constructive to say then i suggest you leave this post well enough alone...you are behaving stupidly and foolishly and embrassing yourself big time.

i have a 'keen' sense of humour but i dont appreciate your earlier sexist undertones nor you trying to act funny.

i was going to delete the entire post because of your comments but then decided that you should delete yourself from it instead. so im going to ask you now, to not post anymore comments.

while my original post may seem a trite flippant, there is as other single people will attest to, difficulty at times of meeting like minded individuals: hence, my reason for writing here.

The Bigfella
09-05-2007, 11:32 PM
Well Bernadette, I have to say, I don't see what you see there - but, happy to oblige mate

Bob Cleek
09-05-2007, 11:37 PM
Was that "sporty woman" or "sporting woman?"

Join a yacht club. There's always plenty of "boat widdowers" around. Consider it a target rich environment. Besides, if you are a bit reserved at first, you'll learn the ins and outs of who's worth investigating and who's a hopeless drunk!

PS: Joe, you shameless whore!

Bernadette
09-05-2007, 11:42 PM
bob, you make them sound like they would be so very old....!!! sorry, but im not into yacht clubs...ive got better things to do than sit around...like sailing!

boatbear
09-06-2007, 01:19 AM
There are times when a cat just isn't quite enough company. Good luck with your search.
Charlie

Wild Dingo
09-06-2007, 02:22 AM
Bernadette... maybe up in the more sane area of People and Places would get someone to respond a bit more serious? Actually come to think on it I dont know if there are many single wealthy people here :confused: most seem old pharts who are content with themselves their lives and well their missus's!! :D

No seriously... up in People and Places with you my dear this down here is inviting flippant irreverant posts... while up there you may actually get a nibble or two ;) specially if you post a pic or two of yourself AND Decature!! :cool:

Anyway good luck with it and stay happy
Cheers
Shane

Funny bunch down here eh? ol Joes a pic whore Ians a bitch Skuthorpes a joker ol Bobs still mopin about that Marther Stewart sheila who dropped him so she could have a stay in one of their gaols poor buggars never gotten over bein stood up like that... but see at least one of us has the good sence to be helpful and give direction eh? :D

The Bigfella
09-06-2007, 02:51 AM
Bitch eh? Hmmm!

OK - a serious answer.

Relationships are no different to anything else we do - lets use business as an example. I don't care what business it is, you have people, a product/service and a marketplace. If the product/service isn't exposed to the people in the marketplace it doesn't sell. How well it sells depends on how well it is exposed. (no - I'm not being funny).

I think a bit of prioritisation is in order.

There will be foundation attributes and leverage attributes. Foundation attributes are those things that are essential to you, eg:

Male
Single
Interested in sailing

(make your own list - I'm just giving some examples)

Leverage attributes are the "nice to have"s, eg"

Good looking
Healthy
Honest
Wealthy
Intelligent
Loyal

Prioritise your two lists - and then figure out where that sort of person spends time. Then get there. If it means signing on as race crew on a plastic boat at Hamilton Island race week - so be it (don't forget to take photos of Decatur). Plastic boat sailors can always be taught the meaning of life.

Does that make sense - albeit somewhat simplified? As you know, I've been out of the dating game for over 30 years - but I'm well in the marketing game and the basics are the same. Companies that over-promise and under-deliver fail - so do those in the dating game who do the same.

doorstop
09-06-2007, 03:19 AM
Oh dear.... about the only criteria I meet is that I'm single....
I've never been broker, I'm as ugly as a hat fulla bums, I live some thousands of K's away, my dishes are unwashed and i'm depressingly dreary to boot.... oh dear, oh me, oh my.... ;)

boatbear
09-06-2007, 03:55 AM
Quote from Bigfella -
"Leverage attributes are the "nice to have"s, eg"

Good looking
Healthy
Honest
Wealthy
Intelligent
Loyal ..."

If you add 'fastidious about cleanliness', you are back to ....
...the cat.

Maybe you should add some other pertinent attributes; narrow down the search. Grin.
Charlie

skuthorp
09-06-2007, 04:09 AM
Fellas! Me a joker? Doorstop ugly? Gaaarrnn!!

(Can I help being cheeky when I've got a fortnight off?)

and, seriously, the advice men get from women when they make the same complaint - join something. I'm not a joiner either but then I like solitude. Not lonlieness, solitude. Yacht clubs can be stuffy but maybe take up skiff sailing, you know, the wet stuff. You meet a different sort of person there. Good luck
Jeff

Paul Fitzgerald
09-06-2007, 04:29 AM
http://www.latsandatts.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=7&sid=6a250e257aad9a0fe5ad131647413715

Good luck, just stay away from the pictures section.

paladin
09-06-2007, 05:03 AM
Welll....there are a few, a very few, of us handsome guys left, so you ugly old pharts speak for yourselves......:D

Bernadette
09-06-2007, 05:39 AM
ian you are excused for your earlier shabby behaviour with your last posting.
i already have a list tucked away inside my head which gets flexed in times of spotting potential targets!!!
i will not be 'joining' any clubs as im too undisciplined for the confines of such gatherings. and i doubt i would find any comfort crewing or mingling or whatever else plastic racing boat crews do during hamilton race week as i find those 'types' rather uppity, snobbish, and about as 'plasticy' as the boats they sail. and besides, im just not that desperate.
men with boats smaller than DECATUR often get a sudden inferiority complex or they try their best to impress me with grandiose schemes of sailing off into the sunset...either way, far too extreme to be taken seriously.
so its back to bananas in the shopping trolley for me i think!!!!
here's my list by the way: this should amuse some im sure....
tall: over 6'
good looking/ruggedly handsome
no beer belly
wears aftershave
snappy dresser
no beard
no earrings
no tatoos
no swearing and frequent bodily expulsions
no pink shirts or lemon shorts
not interested in football, cricket, golf or other women!
fantastic sense of humour
has written 10 books on gaff sailing
was born on a gaff schooner
can speak french and spanish
can row a dinghy
can splice
horatio hornblower is his hero
loves his mum
blah blah blah....

doorstop
09-06-2007, 05:47 AM
[QUOTE=Bernadette;1649046]men with boats smaller than DECATUR often get a sudden inferiority complex or they try their best to impress me with grandiose schemes of sailing off into the sunset...either way, far too extreme to be taken seriously.
[QUOTE]

Of course Bernadette you could always head the lovely Decatur south and collect me.... my boat is about long enough to be your tender behind.... ;)

P.I. Stazzer-Newt
09-06-2007, 06:03 AM
: this should amuse some im sure....
no beer belly
wears aftershave
snappy dresser
no beard
no earrings
no tatoos
can row a dinghy
can splice
loves his mum
blah blah blah....

Ya daft bint - you're in the wrong part of the world a'thegither.
Try Troon or Wick.

doorstop
09-06-2007, 06:03 AM
tall: over 6'-- I just sneak in here!
good looking/ruggedly handsome-- well, I'm rugged anyway!
no beer belly-- whatabout a wee Scotch tummy?
wears aftershave-- yep, unleaded usually.
snappy dresser-- oh! bugger! the 'lastic in me jocks has snapped!
no beard--Hey! I qualify for that one too... WOOHOO!
no earrings-- and this one! D)
no tatoos-- noone's stickin' no yucky needle under my skin!
no swearing and frequent bodily expulsions-- SH...oops! Heck no!
no pink shirts or lemon shorts-- not on this Aussie bloke, me stubbies will have ter do yer!
not interested in football, cricket, golf or other women! Footy's for dills, Crickets for intelligent dills and golf? I've never been able to work out why anyone would like golf!
fantastic sense of humour-- must have one, I'm in the bilge!
has written 10 books on gaff sailing-- I've gaffed a few fish, does that count?
was born on a gaff schooner-- Was born to drink the odd schooner.
can speak french and spanish-- It's all Greek to me.
can row a dinghy-- can actually do that.
can splice-- the mainbrace?
horatio hornblower is his hero-- was when I was a kid and he's still pretty good
loves his mum-- and me Dad too!
blah blah blah....

;) ;) ;)

Hwyl
09-06-2007, 06:18 AM

Ah curses, I don't stand a chance.

Flatulence is a capital expression, you are missing out on both.

Wild Dingo
09-06-2007, 06:27 AM
There yer go Chris!!! Fits yer like to a T!!! :cool:

Man this forum REALLY is somethin else eh? First we set that young bikini clad one up with the young fella from way the buggary across the USA THEN if thats not enough we convince em they should get together you know as a couple BUT!! not satisfied with that we gets em hitched!! Yep even havin one of our own forumites presiding over the nuptials... and now...

Would yer lookit that? I mean theres Bernadette lookin for a man with a list as long as a horses leg (typical sheilas eh? no compromise ;) Its gotta be this this this have this not this etc etc etc :rolleyes:) and now we have not 1 but 2 contenders!!!

oops Gareth drops his name into the hat... thats 3 contenders! ;)

Theres young Chuckster up there in the states has his own boat a bit of a ticky with the meds and has a beard but hey hes a goer for sure... dont worry I reckon he would shave it off for you Bernadette as long as you give up the idea of selling Decature... then theres young Chris a bit closer to home hasnt got a hair on his head so fits almost all of the criteria... and not only that hes younger!!! than Chuck that is... oh and he could be younger than you... but I dont know how old you are... mmm nor him for that matter but hey hes over there sayin in the same manner as old John Inman used to say "Im free!" :D no no gawd I didnt mean that Chris shyte! nah hes straighter than a rabbits burrow is Chris... bit ever so slightly tapped upstairs but hey you cant have everything now can you?

Wedding in 8 months! :D :D

ahem... okay Shane enough of that!! Bernadette has her criteria just cause there isnt a man alive single or married that can meet them all doesnt mean she cant aim higher than man is capable of attaining... sheilas rights an all that! ;)

Is old Dennis Connor single? what about... mmmm nope cant think of any single blokes that meet even half that criteria list...

All the best Bernadette!! :cool:

Joe (SoCal)
09-06-2007, 06:32 AM
tall: over 6' ........ Nope got me on the first question :( (5-10)
good looking/ruggedly handsome ...... Well not as handsome as Dingo, But ;)
no beer belly ........ Beer yes , beer belly no
wears aftershave ..... Yes
snappy dresser ... Been known to wear a dress, Oh dresser yea I have some nice clothes.
no beard....... Goatee ?
no earrings .... Nope I'm a real man ;)
no tatoos ...... Ahh I have MOM in a heart on my right bicept
no swearing and frequent bodily expulsions ...... I'm from New Yawk so F$%#kingforgetaboutit
no pink shirts or lemon shorts..... See above
not interested in football, cricket, golf or other women!.... Football whats a football
fantastic sense of humour ..... Thats a given ;)
has written 10 books on gaff sailing .... Nope but I sail a gaffer
was born on a gaff schooner ...... Nope but have been Born Again on a gaff rigged Catboat
can speak french and spanish .... I can speak waiter or pillow talk in a few languages ;)
can row a dinghy ....... OH that I can, just ask Jamie
can splice ..... Not as good as I would like to
horatio hornblower is his hero ..... United Flight 93 is my hero
loves his mum...... See my tattoo ;)
blah blah blah... Lots of bla bla bla

Paul Pless
09-06-2007, 06:34 AM
I dare not reply....:eek:

but ooooh its so hard not to, that Malabar is gourgeous.:D

Tylerdurden
09-06-2007, 06:35 AM
Wealthy? In what way?

Seems like you just need a bank account and you can rent to your needs.

When I carried on with big money and had it to throw around all the women I met were just receptacles. Since I gave up chasing the dollar I have found a few real women. The ones looking for money are not worth a damn, Take it from a man who married a gold digger.

rufustr
09-06-2007, 06:38 AM
Bernadette, neither I nor any of my grumpy old fart mates are in any way suitable candidates for a relationship, but we will help you sail Decatur occasionally if you like.:)
We will even cater the occasion if invited.:cool:

LeeG
09-06-2007, 06:41 AM
if you're over 30 and have to ask I'm afraid you should just get a dog.

Honda_Shadow
09-06-2007, 07:10 AM
Maybe it's because I've been out of the dating scene for so long now, but honestly, if you think that having money is one of the attributes of a "good man" then if I were single, I wouldn't give you a second look.

Change your priorities around; you looking for a man based on his bank account is like a guy looking for a woman based on her bra size. It's all superficial and it's a sure bet for disaster.

LeeG
09-06-2007, 07:15 AM
Not necessarily Honda, big boobs or a big bank account might be all it takes for some folks, and they have a preference for disasters.

Paul Pless
09-06-2007, 07:15 AM
Hmmm!

OK - a serious answer.

Relationships are no different to anything else we do - lets use business as an example. I don't care what business it is, you have people, a product/service and a marketplace. If the product/service isn't exposed to the people in the marketplace it doesn't sell. How well it sells depends on how well it is exposed. (no - I'm not being funny).

I think a bit of prioritisation is in order.

There will be foundation attributes and leverage attributes. Foundation attributes are those things that are essential to you, eg:

Typical BMW driver!!!:p
So there are still some yuppies in this world, eh.:D:D

Popeye
09-06-2007, 07:17 AM
i have a small car

Joe (SoCal)
09-06-2007, 07:24 AM
Maybe it's because I've been out of the dating scene for so long now, but honestly, if you think that having money is one of the attributes of a "good man" then if I were single, I wouldn't give you a second look.

Change your priorities around; you looking for a man based on his bank account is like a guy looking for a woman based on her bra size. It's all superficial and it's a sure bet for disaster.

Unless I misread something I did not see Bernadette looking for a man based on his bank account. As a matter of fact just the opposite.

i will not be 'joining' any clubs as im too undisciplined for the confines of such gatherings. and i doubt i would find any comfort crewing or mingling or whatever else plastic racing boat crews do during hamilton race week as i find those 'types' rather uppity, snobbish, and about as 'plasticy' as the boats they sail.

That said I think wanting a mate that is of their own means is a good idea . Who wants to date a bum ? People always get so upset when people are looking for a mate and they think financial concerns should not be important, but when the #1 problem for most marriages is financial trouble. It seems sharing the same fiscal interests should be entwined with the same social & romantic interests. Gold Digger is not the same as being financially responsible.

LeeG
09-06-2007, 07:24 AM
I have three bicycles

Honda_Shadow
09-06-2007, 07:36 AM
Joe:
I was just basing my response off of the original post where "wealthy" was listed as a desired trait.

A friend of mine is in the process of amputating his significant other of about 4 years and she's all pissy because aparently, she hasn't spent one day by herself in her entire life. Her whole existence since birth has been dependant on either the financial or emotional moorings of others. It's disgusting, she has no concept of what "solitude" is or even HOW to live on her own.

LeeG
09-06-2007, 07:52 AM
I'm getting my callouses back, I've been meaning to ask the other WBFer how his post vasectomy recovery has been. My balls aren't finding a comfortable spot like they used to, having to wear bike shorts more often.
Oh,,come on, like this wasn't a thread about important stuff.

Tom Hunter
09-06-2007, 08:30 AM
So my plan is:

Grow 5" or maybe 6", why not have one to spare?

Change my place of birth

Change my last name to Leather-Worth-Cunliffe-Chapelle and lie about the books I have written.

Learn Spanish

Learn to splice (or just keep practicing)

Written in the spirit of Bernadette's original post, most of you guys are way to serious.

Phillip Allen
09-06-2007, 09:39 AM

5-10 or 5-11 depending on whether or not my brain is full at the moment

a subjective question asking for an objective answer

no beer belly

got the belly but no beer was involved

wears aftershave

I DO NOT wear perfume…I wash regular instead

snappy dresser

I wear clean clothes mostly but do not dress for other people’s approval

no beard

I don’t like beards but I also don’t like shaving…mostly I shave

no earrings

again…I don’t dress so as to seek the approval of strangers

no tattoos

again…I don’t dress according to the whims of fashion

These two don’t belong together; I once was young and a sailor (USN), that can’t change. The second depends on a myriad of circumstances.

this one’s easy

I don’t watch ball sports much but I do notice women…from a safe distance

this is a trick question…right?

an incipient writer who never gets past the second page of the first draft

the boat of my dreams is a top’sl gaff schooner…two masts and under 60 feet length (I'll do good to even get near a 40 footer)

can speak French and Spanish

I can function in other countries and have done so but know very little Spanish, Portuguese, French, German, and I know only two words in Swahili: todo and hodi

can row a dinghy

it’s been a while…is that like riding a bicycle?

can splice

I’d have to break out the book again but I have done so and it held on our anchor

sorry…my father was my hero (but I've read every seagoing book I could find)

loves his mum

yes, I did and she loved me

blah blah blah....

yes, I have those days sometimes…

paladin
09-06-2007, 09:43 AM
over 6 feet.....o.k. 6'3"
handsome
have beard (can't shave beard and go sailing, blades scrape face and makes for wicked sunburn
wealthy? naw...former wife cured me of that
handsome
written several books on Soviet miltary systems and spread spectrum and the only gaffs involved were done during lectures..
can splice, but not the mainbrace, don't imbibe alcohol at all, nor tobacco....
can't speak french or spanish but can stagger through several languages.....
No fancy shirts, shorts, not interested in football...although I am interested in wimmins....
handsome
no earings or tattoos (a few scars)
did I mention handsome?

Phillip Allen
09-06-2007, 09:47 AM
Hey Chuck...I thought you were going to pass through this area...did we miss?

Tylerdurden
09-06-2007, 09:50 AM
Unless I misread something I did not see Bernadette looking for a man based on his bank account. As a matter of fact just the opposite.

That said I think wanting a mate that is of their own means is a good idea . Who wants to date a bum ? People always get so upset when people are looking for a mate and they think financial concerns should not be important, but when the #1 problem for most marriages is financial trouble. It seems sharing the same fiscal interests should be entwined with the same social & romantic interests. Gold Digger is not the same as being financially responsible.

I know what you mean Joe but too many people measure their lives by the contents of their wallets. The strongest relationships I see are based on love and mutual respect. Sure money causes the majority of breakups but that shows how shallow the relationship was to begin with.
Being a Frenchman I have found the best relationships are based on sex and passion with a large dose of intellectual and spiritual compatibility.
If your missing any of those three your screwed and should head for the hills.
I also don't think one should go looking for a partner, just live your life and be happy with and by yourself.
I never had a decent relationship looking for it, it always just happened. Serendipity....

Phillip Allen
09-06-2007, 10:00 AM
Joe, you surly don't mean to imply that everyone who earns less than you do is a bum?

paladin
09-06-2007, 10:12 AM
Phillip...dunno wanna snitch Bernadettes thread....I ain't made it outta town yet...still pretty much locked up until the arm heals although I think it will itch off before it stops hurting.....

Phillip Allen
09-06-2007, 11:02 AM
thanks...nuff said and now back to "Men"

PatCox
09-06-2007, 11:11 AM
Just hang around here, thats all you need to do. The last single gal who showed up recently married a forumite. There are so few girls hereabouts that the men get like fifth-graders when one is around, puffing out their chests, sucking in their stomachs, and flirting something god-awful.

PatCox
09-06-2007, 11:18 AM
Big boobs, by the way, are not an "attribute" of a woman such that "shallow men will judge a woman by her boobs." Not so. Boobs are a primary interest in and of themselves; the attached woman is actually an attribute of the boobs. I personally like my boobs with a woman attached who is smart and funny and all the other good things.

Joe (SoCal)
Joe, you surly don't mean to imply that everyone who earns less than you do is a bum?

OY :rolleyes: No what Im saying is people should consider MUTUAL financial compatibility as much as every other compatibility. It only makes sense, people tend to be somewhat shallow when it comes to affairs of the heart but if you gave as much consideration to how you both will LIVE than how she / he looks in a pair of jeans you might just have a relationship last a little better.

It has nothing to do with me or you it has to do with mutual compatibility in all regards including monetarily.

Wild Dingo
Being a Frenchman I have found the best relationships are based on sex and passion with a large dose of intellectual and spiritual compatibility.
If your missing any of those three your screwed and should head for the hills.

mmmmm well... sex and passion... a large dose of intellectual and spiritual cpmpatability... thats 4 not three Tyler ;)

Okay the first two Im not touchin... but the intellectual and spiritual compatability one I will... Possumpoop is the intellectual here very learned having a physicist for a father and an academic for a mother didnt help... a long line of smartasses she comes from... whereas I come from the direct opposite of the spectrum and its been BLOODY hard work getting to a point after nearly 25 years that we can have an intellectual conversation without me feelin like a mental midget :rolleyes: and I still feel that way when talking about anything of sygnificance with her family... as for spiritual she doesnt have a spiritual bone in her body! to damned grounded in the here and now and doesnt understand in the slightest nor wants to understand anything about spiritualism or beliefs that are not grounded in the here and now

Direct opposites

Yet we have been happily together for over 25 years now (one must include the 6 months we lived together before we married)

I also don't think one should go looking for a partner, just live your life and be happy with and by yourself.
I never had a decent relationship looking for it, it always just happened. Serendipity....

Now this is so on the money!! Exactly so... every woman Ive met and loved has been found by me simply living my life without expectation on finding a partner... if it happened it happened if it didnt well say la gare (sp?) but most people go looking searching for love partners whatever instead of living their lives to the full

Not talking about you Bernadette!! Im sure given Decature that you go about your life to the max.

I think though for the most part most people crave COMPANY more than anything else... and the company of the gender they are attracted to physically... we can go some time without the company of others but there will come a time when we need it.

Be patient be kind to yourself like yourself enjoy life and dont push your need for a partner and they will be there... trouble is most dont realize that the partner is right there already most think they have to look further afield than they do

All the best again Bernadette
Shane

Phillip Allen
09-06-2007, 11:29 AM
OY :rolleyes: No what Im saying is people should consider MUTUAL financial compatibility as much as every other compatibility. It only makes sense, people tend to be somewhat shallow when it comes to affairs of the heart but if you gave as much consideration to how you both will LIVE than how she / he looks in a pair of jeans you might just have a relationship last a little better.

It has nothing to do with me or you it has to do with mutual compatibility in all regards including monetarily.

If we follow that out a bit, A man should seek marriage only with a woman who earns the same as he does...sounds vaguely like doweries

Kaa
09-06-2007, 11:37 AM
no beer belly
wears aftershave
snappy dresser
no beard
no earrings
no tatoos
can row a dinghy
can splice
loves his mum
blah blah blah....

Well, in the spirit of gender equality I feel we must have a similar list for women.

Big boobs: size C or bigger
pretty/beautiful
no slabs of fat hanging off various body parts
wears tasteful perfume
snappy dresser
no leg hair
no piercings
no tattoos
no babbling and untoward smells
no unisex clothes
not interested in shopping, TV dramas, chic flicks, or other men
fantastic sense of humor
has had a relationship with ten gaff schooner owners
had lost her virginity on a gaff schooner
can speak French and Spanish
can sit in a dinghy with a parasol and look pretty
can do interesting things with ropes
swooning ladies in historical romans are her heros
lover her dad
...and NO blah blah blah

:D

Kaa

LeeG
09-06-2007, 11:50 AM
Big boobs, by the way, are not an "attribute" of a woman such that "shallow men will judge a woman by her boobs." Not so. Boobs are a primary interest in and of themselves; the attached woman is actually an attribute of the boobs. I personally like my boobs with a woman attached who is smart and funny and all the other good things.

show off

PatCox
09-06-2007, 12:00 PM
They give you something to look at while the woman is talking, too.

Kaa
09-06-2007, 12:47 PM
They give you something to look at while the woman is talking, too.

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/yhst-13441480970127_1963_326042

:D

Kaa

George Jung
09-06-2007, 01:00 PM
PatCox at his best!

PatCox
09-06-2007, 01:12 PM
Anyone else ever had a woman stare fixedly at your crotch while she talks talking to you? With a scary, mesmerized stare, parted lips, and tongue almost sticking out of her mouth?

Its scary.

They made a joke about it in some movie with Mel Gibson, I think, where he can hear people's thoughts, and some woman is thinking to herself "ohmygod, I looked at his crotch again."

johnw
09-06-2007, 02:08 PM
No beard? Snappy dresser? Have you ever seen the people who own wooden boats?

David Tabor (sailordave)
09-06-2007, 03:15 PM

Well 6' even

Hmmm. sorta.

no beer belly
CHECK!

wears aftershave
If you want me to. Don't usually b/c I spend a lot of time outside.

snappy dresser
Uh-oh. I'm into boats for crying out loud!

no beard
CHECK

no earrings
CHECK!

no tatoos
CHECK!!!
Hey, things are looking GOOD!!!:D

Damn. Occasional epithets, but nothing worse.

Not normally. (lemon shorts??? WTH?):confused:

Football (soccer)some, not much anymore. GOLF??? ugh. cricket??:confused:
Women... well, convince me you're worth it and I'll consider giving up.

I'm answering this aren't I???

Read 10 books on gaff sailing!

Oh sure, why not?

Je parle francais un peu. Espanol, non.

can row a dinghy
CHECK! Hey, I'm back on track here! What's my score guys? Am I winning?

can splice
Hmmmm. sorta. Not double braid though.

I tend more to Slocum,

loves his mum
Well of course!:cool:

Seems to me the only thing wrong here is YOU'RE upside down. But I could be mistaken; it happened once before way back in the 1990's. Jeez that's the last millenium!

Okay, to clinch the deal I can give you references. NOT the XW of course, but a lady since then...:D:eek::D Still on good terms!

http://www.myboatyard.homestead.com/files/davidhelm.jpg

Oh, since I've built/restored boats and designed and built my own house I guess you could say I know a thing or three about tools!;)

Big Hugs, Your future ex-husband, Dave

John B
09-06-2007, 03:41 PM
To heck with all that Dave, whats the boat?
( sorry for the hijack B)

David Tabor (sailordave)
09-06-2007, 04:24 PM
To heck with all that Dave, whats the boat?
( sorry for the hijack B)

Swan 48 1974 vintage. somewhere south of Bermuda, Nov/2000.

Actually it's in OZ right now. Last I heard the owner was contemplating Sydney-Hobart this year.

Katherine
09-06-2007, 04:38 PM

It has nothing to do with me or you it has to do with mutual compatibility in all regards including monetarily.How about when the woman earns more?

Bernadette,

Be careful what you wish for. Some guy asked me to dinner once and let's just say, the ride had been interesting.:rolleyes::D Nothing like being called Bob in the middle of the night . . .

johnw
09-06-2007, 05:42 PM
Um, yeah, I can introduce you to some fellows who are not interested in other women. Other men, however....

J. Dillon
09-06-2007, 05:45 PM
You guys make me laugh.

A new woman posts on the Forum and some of you go ga ga.:D;)

JD

Phillip Allen
09-06-2007, 05:51 PM
I guess you lose out in the sense of humor dept

Bernadette
09-06-2007, 06:30 PM
heck! i didnt or rather couldnt eat my breakfast because i was laughing soooooo much to all the responses here!!!

you guys (and katherine) crack me up big time!!!! bravo! what fun!!!

all points, comments, proposals, lists, hidden agendas, hopefuls, desperates, non contenders, dead beats, crusty old men, and well wishes taken with absolute glee!!!!

for the record though, i am not actively searching but i do crave companionship and im not out for a guy who is "wealthy". please dont take me or my list too seriously!!!!
bernadette

David Tabor (sailordave)
09-06-2007, 06:44 PM
You guys make me laugh.

A new woman posts on the Forum and some of you go ga ga.:D;)

JD

Bernadette (http://www.woodenboatvb.com/vbulletin/upload/member.php?u=113) http://www.woodenboatvb.com/vbulletin/upload/images/statusicon/user_online.gif vbmenu_register("postmenu_1649539", true);
& bosun too! (the cat)
http://www.woodenboatvb.com/vbulletin/upload/images/misc/im_msn.gif (http://www.woodenboatvb.com/vbulletin/upload/showthread.php?p=1649475#)

Gee, Bernadette has been around here longer than most of us.:p
I think it's great she has a sense of humor about this whole thing.

And while I personally don't mind a little distance.... 10,000 miles +/- is not my idea of a good time!
Sorry B! But I AM glad you found some good cheer in this thread!:)

LeeG
09-06-2007, 06:46 PM
Bernadette, I wish you well. You know guys, if you find one you like just wink and it all starts all over again. If you aren't where there are men then get a dog. They're always good company.

johnw
09-06-2007, 06:46 PM
A continent of one's own...

Katherine
09-06-2007, 07:01 PM
Um, yeah, I can introduce you to some fellows who are not interested in other women. Other men, however....Bob is his dog.:rolleyes:

The Bigfella
09-06-2007, 08:21 PM
Swan 48 1974 vintage. somewhere south of Bermuda, Nov/2000.

Actually it's in OZ right now. Last I heard the owner was contemplating Sydney-Hobart this year.

Does he need any crew?