• Tylerdurden
    Banned
    • Jul 2006

Dow 13k!

oops
  • JBreeze
    • Apr 2007

Harbinger of Doom

Well, no one wants to hear it, as any slight mention of a gov't out of control is immediately dissed, but I'll post the link anyway.....

This is an article in the Financial Times about the views of the Comptroller General of the United States:

"Drawing parallels with the end of the Roman empire, Mr Walker warned there were “striking similarities” between America’s current situation and the factors that brought down Rome, including “declining moral values and political civility at home, an over-confident and over-extended military in foreign lands and fiscal irresponsibility by the central government”.

Maybe this view is related to my interest in at least listening to Ron Paul, even if some of his positions are not at all practical. A politician who isn't owned by special interests, and a government official with a 15 year term should be able to to give some insight into the long range picture, vs. those focusing on the elections in 2008.
    Last edited by JBreeze; 08-14-2007, 05:30 PM.

Comment

• Tylerdurden
      Banned
      • Jul 2006

Published Tuesday, August 14, 2007
      Ron Paul is most faithful candidate

Carol Hagan
      Jacksonville

Dear Editor: The July 23 issue of The New American magazine has its new Congressional Scoreboard based on the U.S. Constitution. Those presidential candidates who are members of Congress voted according to the Constitution as follows: Christopher Dodd (D), 0 percent; Barack Obama (D), 0 percent; Joseph Biden (D), 10 percent; Hillary Clinton (D), 10 percent; Raul Grijalva (D), 30 percent; John McCain (R), 43 percent; Tom Tancredo (R), 67 percent; Sam Brownbeck (R), 75 percent; Ron Paul (R), 100 percent of the time.

As for the other candidates, we can only judge them by things such as past voting records, how well he’s executed his job, the organizations he’s a member of, faithfulness to his wife, his morality, etc.

As for me, I plan to vote for the man who has been faithful to his wife of 50 years and always faithful to the U.S. Constitution. That man is Ron Paul.

http://http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/article/20070814/NEWS/708140320/1010/NEWS05

There is something to be said of a man that sticks to his principles in a world were principles don't matter unless it is to boast or fabricate about them.

Comment

Working...