PDA

View Full Version : Bunker shoes

Henning 4148
07-08-2007, 04:42 PM
Some sales guy in a shoe shop tried to sell sport shoes to me that had "bunker" written on them in 3 inch high letters. Never heard of the brand. What does it stand for? I shied away from running around in shoes that have "bunker" written on them, don't like to make fashion statements and especially don't like to make statements I don't understand. Suddenly people you don't like become much too friendly with you or give you trouble, just because of a pair of sportshoes with "bunker" written on them.

Can anybody provide some background info? Is it a brand from golfing, "bunker" as in sand bunker, or is it a reference to shelters (called bunker at least in German)? Not that I am going to buy them, I bought something else in another shop, but I would still like to know.

Stiletto
07-08-2007, 05:08 PM
Maybe the manufacturers first name is Archie.;)

paladin
07-08-2007, 05:09 PM
Bunker is a manufacturer and a registered trademark...

Henning 4148
07-08-2007, 05:21 PM
Thanks! Seems they it's a Spanish brand. They fitted well, but I was looking for a cheap pair of fabric sport shoes, so I didn't feel like shelling out for a pair of expensive leather shoes. Still, they fitted well. On the other hand, in German "bunker" means shelter, perhaps not the best possible brand name in Germany.

Backfin
07-08-2007, 05:31 PM
http://www.docsflies.com/images/bunker380.jpg