PDA

View Full Version : Ya might want to rethink those crocs...

Kim Whitmyre
07-04-2007, 10:42 AM
http://blogs.courant.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/07/02/bushcrocs_2.jpg

"The pardon is the one monarchical power that the framers of the Constitution assigned the presidency. But they placed one restriction, that it could not be exercised for impeachment. In other words, the president could not use his power to pardon himself. Bush is entirely within his narrow right to use the pardon power in the Libby case. But it violates the spirit, if not the letter, of the law governing that power because it is a consummate gesture of self-exoneration, at least if the vice president is an "entity within the executive branch." Bush rewards Libby's cover-up, thwarting the investigation into Cheney's and perhaps his culpability. Bush's commutation is the successful culmination of the obstruction of justice.

Since 1776, on every July Fourth, the Declaration of Independence has been posted in public places, published in newspapers and read aloud. Its bill of particulars contains these two passages defining royal tyranny and justifying revolution:

He has obstructed the Administration of Justice by refusing his Assent to Laws for establishing Judiciary Powers. ... For taking away our Charters, abolishing our most valuable Laws and altering fundamentally the Forms of our Governments.

Happy Fourth. "

Sidney Blumenthal http://www.salon.com/opinion/blumenthal/2007/07/03/libby/

P.I. Stazzer-Newt
07-04-2007, 10:48 AM
He's been taking lessons from Tony.

Socks.

Nanoose
07-04-2007, 11:03 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:( :( :(

...even my color! :mad: :mad:

Milo Christensen
07-04-2007, 11:05 AM
. . . Socks.

But do they have the Seal of the President of the United States embroidered on them?

How cool is that?

P.I. Stazzer-Newt
07-04-2007, 11:12 AM

How cool is that?

Seriously Un.

Nanoose
07-04-2007, 11:15 AM
I wonder if presidents get sent copious amounts of consumer crap from companies just hoping for something like this?

ccmanuals
07-04-2007, 11:15 AM
is that the seal on the socks?

P.I. Stazzer-Newt
07-04-2007, 11:18 AM
I wonder if presidents get sent copious amounts of consumer crap from companies just hoping for something like this?

Nike, one presumes.

bamamick
07-04-2007, 11:22 AM
Is that a Scottie on his hat? And it DOES look like the Presidential seal on his bloody socks. Don't we, the taxpayers, employ hundreds of people to make sure something like this never happens? What's next, a mullet? What happened to Mrs. Bush, did she sleep in that morning? Oh, the horror.

Mickey Lake

Nanoose
07-04-2007, 11:25 AM
She must've been sleeping. No other explanation for the wardrobing failure we see in that photo! :eek:

rbgarr
07-04-2007, 11:25 AM
Reminds me of Nixon walking a California beach in black socks and business shoes.

Kim Whitmyre
07-04-2007, 11:27 AM
http://badattitudes.com/MT/crocs2.jpg

:p

Paul Fitzgerald
07-04-2007, 05:35 PM
I wonder if they have Wooden Boat socks so we can wear them with our crocks when we retire.
Seriously though, I always thought he had Alzheimers.

WX
07-04-2007, 06:43 PM
If I wore those my partner would walk on the other side of the road....as for the socks, well it figures. It's what I would expect from a man with the IQ of a fencepost.

Rum_Pirate
07-04-2007, 07:20 PM
Is it the done, or in, thing (fashion wise) to wear socks with crocs?

A bit like wearing socks with dock shoes. Tsk Tsk.

skuthorp
07-04-2007, 07:43 PM
Wrong sort of crocs for a man like that. You should fit him with a couple of salties, like these
http://www.epa.qld.gov.au/nature_conservation/wildlife/native_animals/living_with_wildlife/crocodiles/
Tell him Steve Irwin liked 'em.

Nicholas Carey
07-05-2007, 08:33 PM
But do they have the Seal of the President of the United States embroidered on them?

How cool is that?Naff (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naff).

elf
07-05-2007, 11:25 PM
Well, at least he learned one thing from his daddy correctly - how to wave like royalty.

JimD
07-06-2007, 04:27 AM
KAOS is in Iraq, too? Yes Mr President. I'll tell the Chief.

http://www.tvacres.com/images/phone_smart4.jpg

Joe (SoCal)
07-06-2007, 06:52 AM
WITH BLACK SOCKS ?????? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

NOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!

huisjen
07-06-2007, 07:17 AM
I'd been wearing them without socks for a month or two. I developed large callouses on the backs of my heals which have now cracked all the way in to the live tissue. I'm done going sockless in them for a while, and I'm mostly going to be sticking to real shoes until my heels heal up. Yesterday I took the belt sander to the excess callous and then gooped the effected area with Bag Balm before putting on clean socks.

Dan

Keith Wilson
07-06-2007, 08:33 AM
Yesterday I took the belt sander to the excess callous and then gooped the affected area with Bag Balm before putting on clean socks.
Good God, I thought I was the only one who did that! I've never been brave enough to try the belt sander, though, only the RO. I discovered Bag Balm in the general store in Brooklin, Maine, BTW. You can buy it in farm supply stores around here. Great stuff.

Bush looks like an idiot. Those socks are so bad it's barely believable OTOH, there are a lot of times I sure as hell wouldn't want people taking pictures of me, either.

P.I. Stazzer-Newt
07-06-2007, 08:40 AM
Somewhere there ought to be a "Powertools And Personal Grooming" thread.

Did you ever;
Polish you nails with a five horse spindle?
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL12/1104763/17020258/263581264.jpg

Keith Wilson
07-06-2007, 08:45 AM
I've never polished my nails at all! Not intentionally, anyway.

brad9798
07-06-2007, 09:34 AM
My lime green ones are way cooler!! ;)

Nanoose
07-06-2007, 10:30 AM
Somewhere there ought to be a "Powertools And Personal Grooming" thread.

hehehehehehehe :D :D :D

Wild Dingo
07-06-2007, 11:09 AM
If I wore those my partner would walk on the other side of the road....

I got sick of that... so Ive gotten rid of the sodding things :rolleyes: I LIKE company on my walks!! :cool:

as for the socks, well it figures. It's what I would expect from a man with the IQ of a fencepost.

I LOVE IT!!! Dead smack on the money there... damned blokes dopier than a wombat roadkill :rolleyes:

Oh happy birfdy by the way ol son! hope it was a bottler :cool:

Wild Dingo
07-06-2007, 11:13 AM
I'd been wearing them without socks for a month or two. I developed large callouses on the backs of my heals which have now cracked all the way in to the live tissue. I'm done going sockless in them for a while, and I'm mostly going to be sticking to real shoes until my heels heal up. Yesterday I took the belt sander to the excess callous and then gooped the effected area with Bag Balm before putting on clean socks.

Dan

sookylala! :D the cracks only last a little while then it hardens up... man yous fellas are bloody wooses! Bare feet is the ONLY way to go your feets are tuffer than a horses hoof if you leave em for a few months... must admit the only "grooming" issue I ever have is finding a pair of toenail clippers strong enough to hack the nails off with... missus once suggested I use tin snips so I had to slightly modify some but they work brilliantly!! :cool: Tuffen up boys tuffen up :rolleyes:

dmede
07-06-2007, 12:01 PM
Ok, if you had to see a pic of the pres in Crocs to realize how ridiculous they are... well, sucks to be you. :p

I seriously hate these things and could probably have predicted they would end up on the feet of a man as silly and inept as GW had I felt that thinking about something like that wouldn't have made me retarded.

PS:http://www.bloggingstocks.com/2007/06/14/george-bush-cozy-with-crocs-ceo-an-ugly-tide-that-raises-two-bo?icid=mf_portal_marketmod_link1

Wild Dingo
07-06-2007, 12:24 PM
:D :D And you wear shoes too!! :D

Well tin snips are great as long as theyre sharp and you get two burly young fellas swinging on the handles... only way to go!! Been a right buggar for my FSIL young Ben since me and the other FSIL had a dust up he hasnt been back to help with me toenails since and young Aaron is out in Kal till tomorrow poor ol Ben has had to swing em on his lonesome :(

But since my feet rarely ever see the insides of any footwear they dont smell... so he doesnt have the added handicap of havin to hold his nose with one hand while tryin to get enough torque on the handles to cut the things! :D

Mind you he was leerin at me tootsies the other day while holding the chainsaw :eek: But sanity prevailed and I still have me toes connected all the way to me noggin :cool: mind you I thought he was gonna hoist me up onto the bandysaw the other week reckoned "this will sort em dad no sweat" :eek:

Cheeky buggar only way to settle him down after that bit of excitement was with a couple of coldies! cant drink a good beer AND hoist yer squirmin fightin spittin hissin and punchin FFIL onto a bandysaw then! Fixed his wagon :cool:

huisjen
07-06-2007, 03:50 PM
Random Orbit!!? Are you Mad?! I didn't want to shake them off, I wanted to gently sand them away. The fine grit belt on the belt sander, and a light touch, took off the excess material without yanking every which way, as a RO would.

Keith Wilson
07-06-2007, 03:54 PM
Oh, but those vibrations give you such a lovely tingle! :D

God help me I probably won't be able to sleep tonight thinking of young Ben trying to trim Dingo's toenails on the band saw. It's like one of those tests of love in the old stories - fighting the basilisk or climbing the glass mountain or whatever; gotta prove yourself before running off with the princess. Before you marry her you have to trim Dad's toenails! Don't want grandchildren very badly, eh?

huisjen
04-16-2008, 11:56 AM
Looks like the flash in the pan is over.

Crocs stock seems to be taking a tumble.

http://ichart.finance.yahoo.com/w?s=CROX

Lost nearly half it's value between Monday afternoon and Tuesday morning.

brad9798
04-16-2008, 10:35 PM
Heck, I am getting the kids together in the morning to go get this year's batch!

THEN, we will head to the Cardinals' game!!