PDA

View Full Version : One of those days

cs
07-02-2007, 10:03 AM
Just one of those days where I can’t find my happy place.

Here I sit at work, arrived an hour later than I’m used to, but still beat the majority of the office workers in by at least an hour and half. The lady that ratted me out with malicious intent just got back in. She has been on vacation and this is the first time I’ve seen here since the incident. I don’t really care about even saying good morning to her.

BTW this lady and myself have a history between us. I don’t really like her hypocritical attitude and she just don’t like me.

I recall one time when we had to shut the office down for a few hours because of bug extermination and we were locking up the office to take a long lunch. There was three of us outside. She turned to the other person and said “We should have asked John to go to lunch with us.” And than those two went and got in their car and went to lunch. Never once did they ever ask me if I wanted to go to lunch with them.

So I really don’t care to say anything to her. Besides she would probably just gossip about somebody’s wife or something like that and I really don’t care.

I really do work for a great company. You couldn’t ask for a better boss. I like what I do and the guys that work in the field are great. A few bad apples here in the office pretty much ruin my day and I don’t know how to fix it.

Now I’m not such a serious bloke, but rather I love to have fun but I do take work serious. If I have a job to do I do it.

This weekend got much of nothing done. Tried to cut the grass and it took me all weekend. Just as soon as I would get started it would rain and I would have to quit. I finally got it done though. Painting the Balboa, the final coat, didn’t happen. Worried about the rain. Didn’t get to work on repairing the soffit and fascia on the shop because of the weather. Did get to hang a new light in the shop. Oh and I ruined the blade on my electric planer when I hit a piece of metal while making my shop doors fit better.

The wife and I did go out Saturday evening which was good. So there is a bright spot.

You know sometimes I feel like I’m turning bitter as I get older. The things that I like to do just seem to escape me. I like building boats but I’m not really that good at it. I like sailing, but than again I’m not that good at it and summer is here so there is not much wind. I like playing guitar and I think most of you know I can’t do that too well either.

So maybe I’m just having a bad day or maybe a bad week. But than it could just be the nicotine withdrawals.

Chad

Leon m
07-02-2007, 10:08 AM
It's Monday...it'll get better :)

MarkC
07-02-2007, 10:31 AM
I really do work for a great company. You couldn’t ask for a better boss. I like what I do and the guys that work in the field are great. A few bad apples here in the office pretty much ruin my day and I don’t know how to fix it.

I think this is a given fact for all reasonable people who work - there is always a few bad apples that are there to make life difficult.

geeman
07-02-2007, 11:57 AM
YA Chad, there are people at work like that I have to deal with on a daily basis too.
They are quick to slam projects that I dream up for the Mall, but when confronted with the fact that THEY DIDNT OFFER ANY SUGGESTIONS they shut up.
What I've been concentrating on this year is designing displays that we can set up in the MALL to interest the tourists.My idea is the longer we can keep the tourists in the building , the better chance we have of selling them something.
I've been trying to get this whole project up and running for 10 years now, and just recently was able to "sell" it to the boss and get him on board.Now the crew is putting my designs and ideas a reality,and I have a couple of people that make quiet comments about it all being a waste of time.
Trying to explain to these folks that the tourists that come thru the mall THIS YEAR may come back in NEXT year, just to see what we changed during the year while they were gone.
Our Mall is built to resemble an old building,Sort of MTN style and it just Screams to me to display old mtn style items in it.
My vision for this building has been that it ASKS to be sort of a combination Mall, AND Museum for old time mtn life.
We're doing well in spite of the nay -sayers,so I have decided to let them all go to hell .LOL
You always have some people that fear change of any sort and are not comfortable with change.They are the people that will slow you down, if you let them.
Keep on keepin on Chad,dont let them get to you.

Mrleft8
07-02-2007, 01:23 PM
So that WAS you doing dip out back!!! AH HA! I KNEW IT!!!! ;)