• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bill R
    Where's the KABOOM?!
    • Feb 2005

I'm nuts

I must be.

SWMBO wanted me to replace a couple cracked tiles on the front porch. No big deal. "Oh, and while you are pulling them up, I don't like the inlay pattern. Pull that up too." No big deal.

Once I pulled them up, I noticed the underlayment had seen some moisture- it was discolored. Just then SWMBO stepped out onto AND THROUGH the porch deck.

Off came the rest of the tile. And the sheathing- to find the joists were also rotten.

Long story short- I am forced to rebuild the porch, due to all the rot.

And I want a WOODEN BOAT?! I must be NUTS!
    Bill R

There was supposed to be an earth shattering KABOOM!
  • Bob (oh, THAT Bob)
    I fix stuff.
    • Feb 2007

Just like good naked and BAD naked, there is good water and BAD water.
    sigpic When you can take the pebble from my hand, it will be time for you to leave.

Comment

• Paul Girouard
      Banned
      • May 2005

First you need to figger out what when wrong? Was the wood pressuer treated?? Was it flashed properly , MTL not or you wouldn't have the problem.

What type plywood was used? Was cement brd used on top of it?? Etc , cause and effect.

And don't prop yer saw guard up any more

Comment

• Bill R
        Where's the KABOOM?!
        • Feb 2005

I figured out what went wrong. No PT. INTERIOR subfloor sheathing. Wasnt flashed properly. That was just the beginning. I had a few colorful words that got more colorful the more I tore into it.

It will be done right this time. And I will pay more attention to where I set my saw.
        Bill R

There was supposed to be an earth shattering KABOOM!

Comment

• Paul Girouard
          Banned
          • May 2005

Originally posted by Bill R

I figured out what went wrong. No PT. INTERIOR subfloor sheathing. Wasnt flashed properly. That was just the beginning. I had a few colorful words that got more colorful the more I tore into it.

It will be done right this time. And I will pay more attention to where I set my saw.
          Jeesh I wonder why it failed

And good idea , and don't prop up your guard , as well as keep your stick on the ice , eh

Comment

Working...