PDA

View Full Version : Romanian Bear kills tourist while people watch

sdowney717
06-24-2007, 04:07 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe/06/24/bear.attack.ap/index.html

They tried to fight off the bear but they could not prevail.
So why were none of them armed with something better than sticks and rocks?

George Jung
06-24-2007, 04:42 PM
Beats me; perhaps firearms aren't allowed unless you're a warden, and I'd suspect there were none around. Interesting that bear had attacked earlier, yet nothing was done. Wonder about rabies in this instance, as well.

huisjen
06-24-2007, 05:02 PM
There are days I wonder if the bear is available for a road trip.

George Jung
06-24-2007, 05:55 PM
Hehehe..... bet there's a story there.... which thread you want to send it to?

Wild Wassa
06-24-2007, 07:31 PM
"The authorities are going to euthanize the bear." ... CNN.

There are more appropriate words in the English language that will describe what will happen to this bear than "euthanize."

Warren.

Phillip Allen
06-24-2007, 08:03 PM
"The authorities are going to euthanize the bear." ... CNN.

There are more appropriate words in the English language that will describe what will happen to this bear than "euthanize."

Warren.

Where's Matt when a bear needs him...?

Vince Brennan
06-24-2007, 10:14 PM
Hmmm... Romanian bear.... American tourist (and a woman, to boot)....

"So therefore I am putting a motion before the Joint Houses of Congress to authorize an immediate punitive air, land and sea operation to capture and punish not only the bear, but the Park Managers, the Ranger in Charge, the Chief of the Romanian Police Force, the Head of Veterinary Science and the entire Romanian National Defence Force. We must never allow these unprovoked terror attacks against American Citizens to go unanswered!

We will also institute an immediate embargo against all Romaine lettuce imports...

Romainia... that's somewhere near Turkey, iddin' it?"

Wild Dingo
06-25-2007, 01:49 AM
mmmmm... I reckon our ol mate Brian up in Alaska better watch himself...

THE BEARS OF THE WORLD ARE UNITING!! :eek:

And they snear when we say the worlds changing :rolleyes: Leon better give up his fettish for saving the planet Jim better get over the skinny skank and we should all get boats and become water dwellers cause there aint no bears out there... cause shortly its gonna be all out...

REVENGE OF THE BEARS!!

At least all we have is a few drop bears and if them buggars start attacking we start playin drop bear soccer :D thankfully ours are small buggars an dont eat meat :cool: lucky us eh! ;)

The Bigfella
06-25-2007, 02:28 AM
At least all we have is a few drop bears and if them buggars start attacking we start playin drop bear soccer :D thankfully ours are small buggars an dont eat meat :cool: lucky us eh! ;)

Not so sure about that Shane - a woman who cares for injured Koalas was on TV the other day. A guy saw one on the road and stopped to pick it up. It, um, latched on to his "meat".

BrianW
06-25-2007, 02:30 AM
I'm doing my part Shane, but it's just not enough. ;)