PDA

View Full Version : Workshop repairs

cs
06-24-2007, 01:21 PM
For all of those that have been on my a$$ about repairing the fascia and soffit on my workshop, well I just got back from picking up materials. As soon as I take the kid shopping and it cools down a little bit I will start repair work.

Satisfied?;)

Chad

S/V Laura Ellen
06-24-2007, 01:27 PM
For all of those that have been on my a$$ about repairing the fascia and soffit on my workshop, well I just got back from picking up materials. As soon as I take the kid shopping and it cools down a little bit I will start repair work.

Satisfied?;)

Chad

Not yet, when we see pictures of the completed repairs, then we'll be happy!:D

brad9798
06-24-2007, 02:11 PM
NOPE- I need 'after' pix! :D

cs
06-24-2007, 02:16 PM
Can I at least wait till it cools down outside to start?

Chad

Paul Girouard
06-24-2007, 02:55 PM
Not yet, when we see pictures of the completed repairs, then we'll be happy!:D

ROGER THAT !:D

paladin
06-24-2007, 03:24 PM
Sounds like excuses before the construction starts.....probably got a few cool ones stashed near the project....:D

cs
06-26-2007, 09:02 AM
I know, yet more excuses, but every evening since I bought the materials we have had rain. I hope that this evening I can get started on it.

Chad

Paul Pless
06-26-2007, 09:09 AM
Can I at least wait till it cools down outside to start?

Chad

You mean in late September right?:D

Mrleft8
06-26-2007, 09:56 AM
You want some cheese and crackers with that whine Chad? :D ;) If it's raining, it'll be cooler. Or are you made of spun sugar and gonna melt if you stay out in the rain? :D

cs
06-26-2007, 10:01 AM
No, but I do worry about my tools getting wet. :D

Chad

cs
06-27-2007, 06:13 AM
Well I did get started last night. Repleaced the fascia up the rake of the gable and pulled off the fascia and soffit on one side. I hope tonight to start replace on that side and than start on the other.

Chad

brad9798
06-27-2007, 07:00 AM
That's a good start ... man, how about that WBF peer pressure!!!

Paul Girouard
06-27-2007, 08:28 AM
Well I did get started last night. Repleaced the fascia up the rake of the gable and pulled off the fascia and soffit on one side. I hope tonight to start replace on that side and than start on the other.

Chad

:( Now what will I joke about with you:D

BTW what do you call that rake board down there?? I've heard it called a barge board , verge board and rake board.

Myself I call it a rake board, which I think is a NE thing. Barge or verge is the most common Washington state name for it.

Good job Chad :)

BTW hows the Balboa coming? Any more progress since you painted the hull??

Mrleft8
06-27-2007, 09:21 AM
I think "Barge boards" are typically decorative, as in a Victorian gingerbread barge board.... I had a "Carpenter Gothic" house that had "Decorative barge boards" when it was listed for sale. I'd never heard of them before that....

Paul Girouard
06-27-2007, 09:56 AM
I think "Barge boards" are typically decorative, as in a Victorian gingerbread barge board.... I had a "Carpenter Gothic" house that had "Decorative barge boards" when it was listed for sale. I'd never heard of them before that....

Not out here :( hell enclosed soffits are some what rare , but most here call a Rake brd a Barge. I kinda think Verge brd is said by the guys with bad hearing , barge / verge whatya say:confused: :rolleyes: :D