PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Doin's 6/22

Bill R
06-22-2007, 04:33 AM
Whatcha doin'?

Honey-do list. Try agin to finish the work on the O'Day and get it in the water. Fishing with my twins. Probable consumption of adult libations.

Chris Coose
06-22-2007, 04:57 AM
Finished the Blue Jay, which is a $100.00 plywood jem I bought on a trailer a couple years ago.
All's it needed was a new boom crutch and lots of scraping, sanding and paint.
Did up the trailer, put a hitch on the sedan in 10 days time.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid225/pf3831388fe0e5580f0fc3e97832541c9/e8ef3388.jpg

Going to drive to Christmas Cove this AM launch and sail her out to Heron wher I am to meet up with 6-8 long term sober friends, who get together 2 times a year and we eat and laugh our asses off for the entire weekend.

Now that I got the Blue Jay caught up it is time to put temp patches on Victoria then head toward house renovations - all the while my business is in skyrocket mode.

That is why you guys aren't reading much of me these days.

Love to all.

LeeG
06-22-2007, 05:27 AM
find pitchforks, torches, gather peasants and storm the castle

The Bigfella
06-22-2007, 05:34 AM
Race down the river in the morning and cut off all the teak plugs I put in today - and lower the new hatch back down off its blocks (that keep it above the plugs) onto the deck.

Maybe lunch with a mate from Singapore who is in town.

2 overlapping soccer games (both sons) - 1 of which I miss if I go to lunch.

Sunday - repoint the loose ridge caps on the roof - something to do with a 1 1/2" round branch that dropped out of the tree over the house and smashed one to smithereens. Damned Blackbutts.

seanz
06-22-2007, 06:00 AM
Possibly sailing , possibly getting frostbite , possibly both.
:)
Chris Coose
That looks like a fun little boat , nice job.

Mrleft8
06-22-2007, 07:49 AM
Getting ready for the invading hordes coming next weekend. :D

huisjen
06-22-2007, 08:00 AM
find pitchforks, torches, gather peasants and storm the castle

Which castle? Where do we peasants meet up?

Brian Palmer
06-22-2007, 08:32 AM
Sailing at the lake Saturday afternoon with folks from my wife's lab.

Chores around the house. Take a load to the recycling center. Clean the fish tank.

Maybe start the repair on a rotten patch on the boat's plywood cabin top (dig out the rotten wood, glue in a dutchman, scrape and sand off the paint and lay down a new layer of 6 oz glass in epoxy).

--Brian

Joe (SoCal)
06-22-2007, 08:43 AM
No more chores no more books no more teachers dirty looks SCHOOL'S OUT :D ( Last day for Tess ) So we are going to Pool Party this afternoon. After that some SAILING with friends. I'm showing a house on Sat morning then more SAILING with friends :D I would make a fresh video for you all but Video camera is acting funky ;( (it's Old ) I may have to get a new one before MYSTIC and Lefty's big bash. Hmmm Sunday working from 9-1 then SAILING might sail with tess and go swimming at the little beach we anchor off of.

JBreeze
06-22-2007, 11:18 AM
The Blue Angels are the star attraction of the airshow this weekend. Weather has been exceptionally great the past three days and will continue over the weekend. Yesterday, an F-15, a biplane, a single engine stunt plane and a twin engine prop plane flew around the area for an hour, trailing smoke and and generally making a ruckus as a sort of in the sky advertisement for the show. The Angels generally rehearse before the weekend, so I expect they will be in the air in a couple of hours.

One feature that I, a former tractor-trailer driver enjoy is the race between a plane and a tractor down the runway....the tractor has three jet engines where the 5th wheel should be, and goes from zero to 300 mph in six seconds. No 5x4 transmission on that baby. There were a couple of nights that I could have used it......;)

Not sure how I'll view the show....probably see the Angels by land this afternoon, then by rowboat from the Bay on Sat or Sunday, depending on wind and waves. Maybe bring the striper/fluking pole along, too....great entertainment while catching dinner:D

http://www.bluejacket.com/usn/images/ac/fa18c_blue-angels_pcola.jpg

http://photo.net/bboard-uploads/00EAKs-26461784.jpg

Just glad I don't have to pay the fuel bills.:D