PDA

View Full Version : Fein Multi-Master

JP Irie
08-09-2005, 05:51 AM
Hey Y'all-

I have a large amount of scraping to do removing some old treadmaster off the decks. Has anyone used this tool and is it worth the price- I have heard good things on the sanding, etc. but noone has commented on the scraping aspect. Thanks!

Bob Perkins
08-09-2005, 07:52 AM
Scraping works great!

My favorite is big epoxy drips - zips them right off..

Hal Forsen
08-09-2005, 09:20 AM
Awesome tool. Paid for itself many times over in the 7+ years I've had mine.
HF

George Ray
08-29-2005, 11:48 PM
Incredible and very versital. The vacumn attachment with the sanding pads and backing with holes it the best for interior work where things are messy enough w/o adding a lot of varnish sanding dust. Sawing blind stab style is nearly impossible w/o this tools. Attachments are pricey but I have not see another tool that can do the things this tool can do.

10 star rating from me !!!

Whiffle English
08-30-2005, 12:24 AM
First rate tool...worth every penny!

Dan McCosh
08-30-2005, 04:00 AM
The scraping tool is a kind of wide putty-knife-like affair that has a sharp edge. It's cutting action is like a power knife. It is particularly good for trimming softer materials, where conventional scrapers would catch in the material. For harder stuff, manual scraping is as good or superior. I use it to trim excess set-up synthetic caulking, for example.

George Ray
08-30-2005, 04:33 PM
I have had very good luck removing old treadmaster with a 4.5" side grinder and a VERY aggressive wire brush. The brush shape affects how it cuts of course. I have used both cup and wheel. The material 'treadmaster' I am referring to is a cork/rubber composite. The wire brush eats it up but I find the brush to be very controllable. It does generate a 'bit' of dust.

On large expanses a fein or some sort of chisel would likely be best but for small close spots or places where you desire to leave a beveled edge and then use paint (epoxy 2-part) to bond/secure it the power wire brush is the best.
Note: I am working with old treadmaster on top of an epoxy painted a steel deck and we are painting over the tread master using one part epoxy for the topcoat.