PDA

View Full Version : Yea! He's Back!

Lew Barrett
06-10-2007, 09:02 PM
We spent the day cleaning out the garage to make room for the next project. An unexpected sunny but windy day here, we had all the doors and windows open to enjoy the fresh breezes.

At about 3:00PM, Lindy said: "Hey Lew, have you seen the dog anywhere?" I hadn't in fact. We called and looked all over for him, but seemingly out of character, he'd wandered off. We had no idea when or where he went. Now, this dog is one of the kids, argueably, the better one. Neither of us panicked, but we both were visibly concerned. It's a big city, but not a hospitable one for a lost dog.

End of this story: just got a phone call from somebody five blocks away. They've got him. He was in their yard, playing with their dog.
Yea! Made a great end of the day. Lordy, we love that animal.

I don't drink (much) but this scotch tastes mighty good now! Funny how things can turn on a dime.

Bad Dog!

Nanoose
06-10-2007, 09:07 PM
Bad dog, my ass! ;)

Lew Barrett
06-10-2007, 09:15 PM
All's well that ends well! I'm so loaded.....

botebum
06-10-2007, 09:25 PM
Glad to hear about your dog.
I was hoping it was Joe:(

Doug

S/V Laura Ellen
06-10-2007, 09:28 PM
Glad to hear about your dog.
I was hoping it was Joe:(

Doug

Joe never left, he's been with us all along, just taken a vow of silence.

BrianW
06-10-2007, 09:37 PM
Is it a good single malt?

Paul Girouard
06-10-2007, 09:39 PM
We spent the day cleaning out the garage to make room for the next project. An unexpected sunny but windy day here, we had all the doors and windows open to enjoy the fresh breezes.

Huh :confused: , it's been sort of cold and rainy here since about 9 AM , glad ya found the dog:cool:

Remember there's no bad dogs , just bad dog owners :D

The Bigfella
06-11-2007, 02:51 AM
Was it your dog that came over here and ate our chook today? We've found lots of feathers, but no body. Not looking good.

Lew Barrett
06-11-2007, 02:54 AM
Is it a good single malt?

OK but not outstanding bottle. A 12 year Glenlivet I bought duty free
on the Victoria Clipper. I'm not a big drinker. This bottle's been laying around for a couple of years unopened. Lindy and I attacked it for effect after we got the dog back. Celebratory drunk:D

Huh :confused: , it's been sort of cold and rainy here since about 9 AM , glad ya found the dog:cool:

Remember there's no bad dogs , just bad dog owners :D

Odd. It was sunny but breezy here. Convergence zone effect?

Lew Barrett
06-11-2007, 02:56 AM
Was it your dog that came over here and ate our chook today? We've found lots of feathers, but no body. Not looking good.

If it was, we'd need to get him into the Guiness Book of Records right away. Sorry about the bird.

BETTY-B
06-11-2007, 04:32 AM
http://s32.photobucket.com/albums/d10/Bridgedeck/?action=view&current=canada198.jpg

Phillip Allen
06-11-2007, 04:34 AM
Hello Betty...up a bit early ain't ya?

BETTY-B
06-11-2007, 04:48 AM
Nope. Late it would be. ANd I'll be up soon here anyways...
DAN

Lew Barrett
06-11-2007, 09:12 PM
Betty, that guy must be his cousin Jerry.